Why rent? To get richer

Houston has a website site called HAR.COM and once a month I go trolling through the site to see what out there. They have all properties for sale in the greater houston area, including foreclosures, wholesdeals etc.

Once i have a list of what I'm looking for in my price range, i go and do a drive by and see if I can get in if it's empty. or I call the listing agent and tell them I'm an investor and they gladly show me every foreclosure they have.

Is there a listing of property tax rates for neighborhoods in the Houston area?

Houston has a website site called HAR.COM and once a month I go trolling through the site to see what out there. They have all properties for sale in the greater houston area, including foreclosures, wholesdeals etc.

Once i have a list of what I'm looking for in my price range, i go and do a drive by and see if I can get in if it's empty. or I call the listing agent and tell them I'm an investor and they gladly show me every foreclosure they have.

Love that site :tup:
T46 you are doing yo thing with the rental property. :nod:

A duplex in 3rd is going for $85,000 (lowest one i can find) and here is picture of it

lr1885804-1.jpg

My dads Non-profit gets homes like these donated to him or given to him by the city. We rehab them using federal housing grant funds as long as the tennants we let stay there are low income with Section8. Some of the other houses are transfered to our For profit business we just rehab with our own money and place in the regular market. We normally go down to City Hall and look through the tax rolls for homes the city has taken away from owners and just pay the taxes on it and it becomes yours.

Back