Why is Alabama State....

umm.......

Umm.....first of all, check the history on when the school was built. Then when you find that out, find out exactly when the projects were built there. The school was here long before the projects were. And as of right now, the school owns them and is in the process of moving everyone out so they can be torn down. Anymore questions?

gimme a project chick!

hmmmm kinda interesting!!!! I'll be back with more later on....Ohhhh1 more quick one tho! When are they gonna tear them down?

Umm in all honesty....

..but isn't almost every HBCU eiher in/near the hood or in the country?

Think about it....

I'm not sure as of when, but they've already started moving people out of there. They're grading the land over there to put up more buildings and/or parking lots.

Re: Umm in all honesty....

Originally posted by Suge
..but isn't almost every HBCU eiher in/near the hood or in the country?

Think about it....
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! When OUR schools were founded, of course they began in OUR neighborhoods!

Good posts unknown! The area around ASU's campus is changing and ASU is leading the effort!!!!!

btw, Tru
Was this started as smack??? Just asking...

Bama St is surrounded by the project, BUT the projects arent that bad. I can see if Bama St was surrounded by Tulane Court. At Clark THE PROJECTS ARE ON CAMPUS. You cant tell the difference between the dorms and projects. Most HBCU campuses I have been to are either in the hood, projects or the country. AAMU is one of the only HBCU's that I can remember that is in the city and not in the hood or projects. I take that back NC A&T is the same way.

nawww Im just tryin to get some dialogue among our fellow undergrads down in the GUMP!!!! but I can see right now unknown is the only hornet representing "on the yard"......livin in the ghettooooooooo!!!!

for me personally, i like going to school in the ghetto... It is more exciting. I stay outside way more at CAU than I did at AAMU.. Something is always happening. You start to get to know the hood people and homeless people on a personal level... YOU CAN LEARN A LOT FROM A HOMELESS PERSON.

yeah I miss that type of interaction sometimes! I feel what you sayin cuz you can most definitely learn from the ghetto experiences they have to offer....take for instance at JSU!!! the crackheads on Lynch Street know alot about economics more along the lines of Supply & Demand!!!! plus I know they got the hookup on that silver candy paint!;)

DAHILL

My homegirl "Clark" said you need toget a life. I told her "hell" Clark, is in the projects. Have you ever visited TN State, no projects here.

.....the crackheads on Lynch Street know alot about economics more along the lines of Supply & Demand!!!! plus I know they got the hookup on that silver candy paint

It's a toss up between JStank and Howard.

H,

tell your girl "CLARK" to READ. I said I enjoy being in the hood and that CAU is in the ghetto. I never stated that CAU wasnt in the projects.

TSU aint in the projects BUT Jefferson STREET is the hood. The projects are right behind TSU even though i heard they are tearing them down...

Da Hill Fair St. Bottom is the bomb isn't it. I grew up in University Projects. On the Corner by the Police Precint!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody got killed on Fair Street right in front of the police precinct about 2 months ago... it was a drug deal gone bad.. AND IT WAS AT 2 IN THE AFTERNOON, while everybody was still going to classes.

tru3000...
There is no doubt in my mind that this topic was an attempt at smack.

As SUGE truthfully stated.....MANY of our black colleges are in areas where the projects have been built. Bear in mind that Project Housing is beautiful in the beginning. The upkeep is where our cities and occupants have fallen short.

Using your moderator status as a means of smacking your in-state-rival is beneath you. Lets keep smack where smack belongs.

(the things we do for ratings....eh mr moderator?)

what was the purpose of you tellin me that......

I was smacking ASU before I became a moderator! so dont be so quick to open your mouth....you act like I hate ASU!!! its all in fun but it looks like you took it the wrong way......and tryin to make a big deal about it! if you are offended by this post thats your problem not mine!

and please dont tell me where smack belongs! you need to jump offa the Tower with that mess......

GET OVER IT!!!

Originally posted by TRU3000
what was the purpose of you tellin me that......

I was smacking ASU before I became a moderator! so dont be so quick to open your mouth....you act like I hate ASU!!! its all in fun but it looks like you took it the wrong way......and tryin to make a big deal about it! if you are offended by this post thats your problem not mine!

and please dont tell me where smack belongs! you need to jump offa the Tower with that mess......

GET OVER IT!!!

Its nothing to get over. Im simply giving my opinion.
The purpose of me telling you what i did was obvious. What part did you not understand? I thought smack went on the smack board. Sue me.

Lets get one thing perfectly clear. I like smack and am NOT offended by what you said. It is you who must be offended by your childish replies. Man...its not even about that.

Ive read your smack Tru. (not just against ASU...but against several schools.) You are by NO MEANS a SERIOUS smacker like some of the other members of the DAWG POUND. What im getting at is....if youre not a serious smacker over there.....oh never mind.

As stated earlier (narrow minded one) smack is ALL good. I thought by this being a DIFFERENT board, new and fresh ideas would be used. If you want to ATTEMPT to smack further....you know where to find me.

stop whining......

mayneee i dont have to find you.....from the looks of it you duggg up this old azz thread and found me! you just said it in your post that you look at what I say!!!!! I didnt know you watched me like that.....I hope you aint that dude in Montgomery that was preparing "Hits" before he walked up in that ASU dorm!!!! Lil daddy it aint like that.....

I cant even get home from the club!!!!

and you still actin like a <font size=5>Bia Biaaaaaa!!!!!</font>

stop being so sensitive mayneee!!!!:emlaugh:

Back