Why Come Blacks Always Run the Race Card?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
uh-apparantly because white people (assuming this person is white) always give us a reason to. see the following story on Halle's oscar win and subsequent "playa hatin'" aimed at her. :(

HALLEWOOD HATERS
Kidman fan defaces Oscar winner's website.

*According to several reports, Oscar winner Halle
Berry's official website, Hallewood.com, was hacked and
defaced after the actress won the Best Actress Awards
Sunday night. The culprit is apparently a Nicole Kidman
fan (Berry beat out Kidman, among others, for the coveted
award).
Wednesday, the website, which usually featured
news, bio, images and chat rooms, only opened to a
image of Halle with graffiti drawn on it, i.e., mustache,
goatee, etc., and the words "Just Nicol Kidman" (sic)
and an e-mail address that included the letters KKK.
The site was briefly shut down and fixed.

:rolleyes:

Man,, these folks KILL me! :redhot: You mean to tell me that if Nicole Kidman would have won, some black Halle Berry supporter would have hacked into her sight, defaced it and left an NAACP or Black Panther calling card???!! :redhot: I think not.

Now. We may have belly-ached in Jet, Ebony and all the other mags. Jessie Jackson would have ran out to L.A. for a photo op and rally and negotiations with Hollywood mogals on getting more blacks to win the oscar,,,,,, but for crying out loud, nobody black is such a race zealot that they would take the time and the trouble to hack into Nicole's sight and do this,,,,, but it sure is funny how there is always some white person (uh-i'm assuming the Nicole fan is white) with enough time to do something like this with racial overtones aimed at a black person,,,,, but yet it's blacks who are always labeled as "whining" and stirring up trouble by whites and the conservative talk radio media. :confused:

Basically.

Funny how whites always accuse us of hiding behind racism & racial discrimination when that's exactly what they use as an excuse to put us down. Still fresh on my mind is how Auburn University students dressed up in blackface and videotaped their Halloween shenanigans. It's disgraceful. If whites turn away from these racially-motivated tactics they use to treat us negatively, we might forget or at least downplay the role that race plays in creating a divide between us. But it is obviously still very prominent.

I for one think Nicole Kidman is too classy and professional to share the feelings of her fan. For her fan to degrade Halle's site in Nicole's name is a disgrace to Nicole as well. I hope they catch the punk. :mad:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is why I don't fool with these people right now. They don't like us and the feeling is mutual.

It all depends on the person. If you're trying to get a job and are not extremely qualified, don't be an @$$ and pull the card. But when you look at things like blacks only winning Oscars for roles where blacks are either not the here or somehow the bad guy, or how hard it is for Spike Lee and John Singleton to get any credit. When you look at why black small business and colleges do not get the funding they should, that's certainly racial. When you look at why white bands hate on black schoools, it's race and they don't even know it themselves. The ones who think that every thing that doesn't go thier way is racism need to get a life.

Is it always us? Now, this article is very interesting.

As Dr. West said in his book, "RACE MATTERS".
April 23, 2002 Comments Concerning Race Divide Harvard Law School

By TAMAR LEWIN

THE NEW YORK TIMES

CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 19 ? Just days after Prof. Cornel West announced that he was leaving Harvard's Afro-American studies department for Princeton, Harvard Law School is mired in a conflict of its own, leading one prominent professor to withdraw from teaching for the rest of the academic year and the administration to promise new steps to increase racial sensitivity.

On Monday, one of two visiting days for students admitted to next fall's entering class, more than 300 students turned out for a silent protest organized by the Black Law Students Association.

Members of the association have now met twice with Todd Rakoff, dean of the doctor of laws program, and Robert Clark, dean of the faculty. The deans have agreed to let the association meet with faculty members next month, to hold faculty workshops on race and pedagogy this summer and to create a committee to deal with racial issues.

"We want to try to do what we can," Dean Rakoff said in an interview, "to develop the skills that allow people to have tough discussions about tough issues in a classroom atmosphere where things get learned instead of just people getting mad."

The problems began last month with a posting on a law school Web site that referred to blacks using the term "nigs." The posting, a summary of a property case involving restrictive racial covenants, was traced to a white first-year student admitted at age 17.

Another first-year student, since identified as white, then sent an anonymous e-mail message to a black classmate who had complained about the first posting. "We are at the Harvard Law School, a free, private community where any member wishing to use the word `n****r' in any form should not be prevented from doing so," this message said. "If you, as a race, want to prove that you do not deserve to be called by that word, work hard and you will be recognized."

That message was then distributed widely, in fliers that included anti-Semitic remarks as well. The source of those fliers remains unknown.

Other incidents involved professors. On March 13, Prof. David Rosenberg told his torts class, in a discussion of the approach to torts that he favors, that Marxists, feminists and "the blacks" had contributed nothing to tort theory.

Tel Cary-Sadler, a black student in the class, complained first to the professor and then to Dean Rakoff. After a few meetings, several black students and Dean Rakoff agreed that Professor Rosenberg's classes would be taped, so that those who were uncomfortable in the classroom could avoid it, and listen instead.

"I'm still going to classes," Mr. Cary-Sadler said, "but the classroom environment has been quite uncomfortable, and there are a lot of empty seats."

Professor Rosenberg said his speaking of "the blacks" had been a reference not to a racial group but to advocates of an approach known as critical race theory. He frames the issue as one of academic freedom.

"Imagine what would happen in the classroom if everyone had to walk on eggshells," he said. "Scholars have to be prepared and motivated to think about subjects without limitation, especially in teaching people to be lawyers, since virtually everything in the legal realm is open to debate."

The other professor involved in the turmoil is Charles R. Nesson, a former civil rights advocate long known for his unorthodox teaching methods, and more recently for telling the law school newspaper that he smoked marijuana, sometimes before teaching. On April 3, after the identity of the second e-mailer had been uncovered, Professor Nesson proposed that he represent that student in a mock trial to be held during the professor's class.

This week, Professor Nesson stepped down from teaching for the rest of the academic year. Dean Rakoff said that the idea had been his and that Professor Nesson would sit in on the year's remaining classes, to be taught by Dean Rakoff and another professor.

The Black Law Students Association has asked the administration to reprimand both professors publicly and to prevent them from teaching mandatory first-year classes.

Racial issues are not new at the law school. In 1990, after overnight sit-ins to protest the absence of black women on the faculty, Prof. Derrick Bell announced that he would leave his job until the law school hired a black woman. The school now has one black woman among its professors, Lani Guinier, and several black men.

Monday, April 22, 2002
>
>Racism Lives -
>My Mail Proves It
>NY DAILY NEWS
>
>By YOLANDE HARRIS
>
>am sitting at my desk at work and I am absolutely livid. Once again, I have
>had to endure the enraging task of opening and reading a racist letter
>mailed to one of our Daily News columnists.
>
>Part of my job at The News is to open mail for some of the columnists. The
>volume of racist mail fluctuates depending upon a columnist's topic. The
>more a black or minority issue is mentioned, the greater the volume of
>letters.
>
>Most people simply state their agreement or disagreement, but there are
>usually two or three readers who launch into vicious, racist tangents
>targeting the columnist personally or all African-Americans or all
>minorities.
>
>As an editorial assistant, I cannot write back to let these readers know
>how
>I feel about being referred to as a "black bastard" or "genetically
>inferior" or a "savage." All I can do is forward the letter or throw it
>away.
>
>I read letters like these every week. Yet African-Americans are labeled
>"whiners" for saying that not only does racism still exist, it is still
>rampant.
>
>People want to believe it went away in the '70s with the Equal Opportunity
>Act. It's easier to think that than to confront the truth.
>
>People say they are tired of hearing African-Americans cry racism. They no
>longer want to hear about racist cops or racial profiling. They believe
>that
>blacks are simply making things up or that we are too sensitive.
>
>But I have read the words of at least one policeman whom I wanted to report
>for his racist ideologies, but I could not because he didn't sign his name.
>
>I have read letters from housewives and teachers who appear to take
>pleasure
>in using racial epithets in practically every sentence. I have read letters
>from people who very boldly state that they do not want black people in
>"their" neighborhoods, detailing the violent acts they would commit upon
>them if they saw them.
>
>I have read letters from New Yorkers who honestly believe that "as a
>whole,"
>black and Latino people can't read or write. I have read that I, as a black
>person, should be grateful for slavery, because without it, I would be
>nowhere. I have read some of the most racist comments I have ever come
>across in my life in a letter written by someone who resides less than two
>blocks from The News' office.
>
>These letters are written by people who claim New York addresses but have
>New Jersey postmarks on their letters. These letters are written by people
>who don't have the courage to sign their names.
>
>How can racism be abolished when the biggest perpetrators hide who they
>are?
>
>Some letter writers actually explain that they fear repercussions for what
>they espouse in their letters. Others say they have families and children
>whom they feel will be adversely affected if their parents' views were
>properly attributed to them.
>
>Why is this still an issue? Where do such ignorant viewpoints come from,
>and
>why would someone take the time to write them down and mail them to a
>newspaper? I don't know.Don't get me wrong - it's far from every letter,
>but
>the few I see cut like a knife.
>
>What I do know is racism is not dead.
>
>Judging from the letters I read, its tiny little heart is beating hard and
>strong.
>
>Harris, who grew up in Brooklyn, is The News' journalism
>awards coordinator and an administrative assistant.
>

First of all, the race card was pulled in America 300 years ago. Black folks did'nt create the race card. Racism in America is not only about race it's about POWER,POWER, POWER. White America is mostly paranoid about losing control of whatever power control they have. Sometimes you can see it in the headlines like, "WHITES WILL BE A MINORITY IN AMERICA IN 50 YEARS" or "THE BROWNING OF AMERICA. It seems as though the White media is trying to sound an alarm about White folks will be the minorities in America in future years. Black folk, we need to focus our talents on creating industries and POWER infrastructures in our own communities. Then when we speak the world will listen.

White man took this land from the Native Americans, so what makes one think that the White man is going to give it back to the Native Americans, or give it up to the brown people.

Back