• PRAIRIE VIEW A&M

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • MISS VALLEY

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • JACKSON STATE

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
THE TRUTH

WELL MY GOOD PEOPLE THIS IS GETTING US NOWHERE HOW ABOUT WE DECIDE AT THE SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP. FRIDAY IS A BATTLE OF THE STANDS (WHICH PB AND JSU ARE GOING TO KICK AZZ IN) AND SATURDAY THE FIELD.

Originally posted by World Famed

And to the person that said whoever goes lets just get behind them and hope that they represent the SWAC well. I can tell you right now that is not going to happen. Because I dont recall too many people being behind us before or after the event.

Lets just hope that the crab and barrel mentality dont take over, when certain bands are not chosen to represent the SWAC. I know Im asking for a lot, but siStar can wish can't she?

Originally posted by Incipience
Lets just hope that the crab and barrel mentality dont take over, when certain bands are not chosen to represent the SWAC. I know Im asking for a lot, but siStar can wish can't she?
Yeah lets just hope that it doesnt turn out to be that way.
If we don't go I hope who ever goes will represent just as we did are even better because if you represent like we did then you will be running things. But since the Honda Battle of the Bands is dealing with field shows and putting on a show I think that we would be the best representative of the SWAC because all we do is put on a show for the fans.

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
Peeps from the SWAC had signs against GSU at the battle.
Dang that is what I am saying how can we be one conference but have hate for another program or tear dow a program everytime they do something good. I mean it is like no matter what any school does that is good another school will find something negative in it. I AM GUILTY OF THIS MYSELF but through wisdom I have learned how to be happy for other school so why can't other schools be happy also.

I agree some folks prolly still aint givin Gram their due. They have came up from what I hear. But if I want 1 band to represent a conference, I want the best overall. Entertaining non-band-folk crowds has been easy for Gram for awhile. I figure at this BOTB, it should be a who's who in HBCU bands, as far as who's bringing the total package to the table this particular year. With alot of Bandheads in the crowd, I just think they might be expecting a little more from the SWAC. And I'm sorry Gram, you just aint quite there yet. Me personally, I would begrudgingly go with SU with UAPB a close 2nd.

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
Peeps from the SWAC had signs against GSU at the battle.

:( Are you serious? That is straight hatin'. From what I saw on the tape, I believe that Gram had the best overall show. The signs are bothering me something serious. I can't blame all ofthat on the younger bandmembers, because some of us oldheads(alumni) are no better.

Back