Who outchea paying $1100 for a Iphone?

Role of the market and Republicans allowing businesses to do whatever they want through deregulation. We no longer have net neutrality now that the Russian woman piss on me President (Donald Trump) is in office, which means internet service providers can throttle your phone and internet service however they choose. Like I previously stated, a $1,000-plus phone ain't worth shit if you don't have good service for it.
Should phone prices be regulated? I agree with you about not allowing them to play with coverage but the price of a phone should be decided by the market. I will eventually get a samsung note because it makes sense for me business wise but I won't buy it at the $900 price point. I will wait until the price drops in a year. I am not mad at samsung for charging $900, I just choose not to buy

I just got back into the smartphone world only because some of my jobs require pictures and a cell phone is more convenient on the field than a camera lol

Went on Ebay and found this bad boy for under a $100 in fair condition.

7409-73-1.jpg

If I decide to go into catering I'll make it my business phone and find another phone that is around $100. No way in the hell I would pay over $500 for a phone let alone $1100. As a popular Youtube reviewer said, "good cell phones are getting cheap and cheap cell phones are getting good" . As long as it can take pictures, make good calls and surf the net (check emails) without lagging I'm good.
Might as well had kept the camera. LOL

Might as well had kept the camera. LOL

There is a difference between a 16 MP camera that came out in 2009 and a phone with a 13 MP camera that came out in 2015 (upgraded it to run Android N I believe). It's noticeable lol. Plus as I said, it's convenient that I can actually email HQ pics at the job site. I wouldn't care going back to a flip phone but I can recognize the convenience of having a good phone

Imagine the 1st time I actually used GPS. Mind blown lol

There is a difference between a 16 MP camera that came out in 2009 and a phone with a 13 MP camera that came out in 2015 (upgraded it to run Android N I believe). It's noticeable lol. Plus as I said, it's convenient that I can actually email HQ pics at the job site. I wouldn't care going back to a flip phone but I can recognize the convenience of having a good phone

Imagine the 1st time I actually used GPS. Mind blown lol
Wow. But don't you tweet a lot? How were you doing that using a flip phone? I'm kinda amazed at that. lol

Should phone prices be regulated? I agree with you about not allowing them to play with coverage but the price of a phone should be decided by the market. I will eventually get a samsung note because it makes sense for me business wise but I won't buy it at the $900 price point. I will wait until the price drops in a year. I am not mad at samsung for charging $900, I just choose not to buy

It's not the phone that keeps making people upgrade every few months. It's the service providers. Nowadays, internet has become a vital part of most people lives and internet service providers (ISP)/mobile cellphone providers should be made to upgrade their systems in order to properly provide adequate service to all their customers with the ability to handle a wide range of new cellphone technologies. Instead, Trump is allowing those con artist sumabitches to play games with people by throttling services and limiting the number of phones that can work on their system. Basically, ISP/mobile phone providers are the ones who are driving up cellphone prices. If it wasn't for the internet, most people probably still be talking on some basic flip phone with no internet connection. Don't confuse regulating cellphone prices with regulating ISP/mobile cell phone providers. Them sumabitches have gotten so vital that they should be regulated just like any other utility provider (electricity, water, natural gas, sanitary sewer, etc.). Although they are in cahoots together, cellphone manufactures and ISP/mobile phone providers are different.

Last edited:
Now while y'all tripping many of you cats have paid more than 1K on some puddin. Gone head deny it, but you only telling yourself that lie. ~snicker~

Now while y'all tripping many of you cats have paid more than 1K on some puddin. Gone head deny it, but you only telling yourself that lie. ~snicker~

If you want to compare this to the high price of cellphones, it's not the puddin, it's the pimp who keep demanding more money from the puddin. And for your benefit, pimps should be regulated too. LMAO!!! Where's BH123 when you need him??? LOL!!!

I just love how folks deny they have pleasures or how they spend money. Lol Everyone has a guilty pleasure. So either you gonna spend it on a phone or some puzzy at some point. It's life. Lol

If you want to compare this to the high price of cellphones, it's not the puddin, it's the pimp who keep demanding more money from the puddin. And for your benefit, pimps should be regulated too. LMAO!!! Where's BH123 when you need him??? LOL!!!

I'm rocking with the note 8..and I have galaxy forever so I upgrade every year. 12 payments added on to the bill, $24 after the phone turn in credit.

It's not the phone that keeps making people upgrade every few months. It's the service providers. Nowadays, internet has become a vital part of most people lives and internet service providers (ISP)/mobile cellphone providers should be made to upgrade their systems in order to properly provide adequate service to all their customers with the ability to handle a wide range of new cellphone technologies. Instead, Trump is allowing those con artist sumabitches to play games with people by throttling services and limiting the number of phones that can work on their system. Basically, ISP/mobile phone providers are the ones who are driving up cellphone prices. If it wasn't for the internet, most people probably still be talking on some basic flip phone with no internet connection. Don't confuse regulating cellphone prices with regulating ISP/mobile cell phone providers. Them sumabitches have gotten so vital that they should be regulated just like any other utility provider (electricity, water, natural gas, sanitary sewer, etc.). Although they are in cahoots together, cellphone manufactures and ISP/mobile phone providers are different.

:D I'm damned near in tears. You even used "ISP" correctly. lol

The wireless technology... man.... I wanna' say some things but I cannot do that here in this medium. So, about that 13G wireless capability that is actually 12.5.<splat>G w/ rel. interv ~30-60ds... :D Just nickeling and diming the shit out of consumers.

Paying over $1,000 for a cellphone is not my concern. It's the piss poor service you get with ANY type of cellphone that is purchased. No matter how much you pay for a cellphone, service providers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) will screw you every time. They are the ones who are pushing people to upgrade their cellphones every 6 months. For example, I have an old service plan with AT&T that has an unlimited data plan. Instead of revising my plan through a phone upgrade, I would buy my phone outright and put in my old SIM card. Once AT&T realized that I wasn't giving up my old unlimited data plan, they started throttling my data. I believe those lying sumabitches were sued for doing that crap.

Last edited:

This is why these mofos need to be regulated. They have turn into the country's No. 1 Con Artists ripping people off at-will. What if car manufacturers made cars that are only good for a few months??? Based on normal wear and tear, I believe car manufacturers are made to build cars to last for at least 5 years. If a person knows how to work on their own car and can drive with some sense, they can extend the life cycle of their vehicle for at least 15 to 20 years or more. Now I do believe some people do need to get rid of their old gas-guzzlers that only get 10 to 15 miles per gallon (mgp). With gas prices staying over $2 a gallon these days, they would save themselves a ton of money if they drove a new car that gets 35 or better mpg. It's simple math.
Truth /\ /\ /\ /\

old iphones....they told me no more to my flip....
The only reason I went "smart" and Android. They told me no more for my flip. I WAS PISSED! If not for business I probably would not own one...or at the least I would have an "Obama" phone (though the program started under Bush).

The only reason I went "smart" and Android. They told me no more for my flip. I WAS PISSED! If not for business I probably would not own one...or at the least I would have an "Obama" phone (though the program started under Bush).

I don't have a problem with people buying $1,100 cellphones if that's what they want to do, but due to the crappy cellphone infrastructure in this country, it's akin to someone buying a $250,000 car, such as a Lamborghini or a Ferrari and then tries to drive that car on unpaved roads or Louisiana highways ($13 billion backlog). All it takes is one bump from a pothole and that would be the last you would see of the car and the driver.

It doesn't take much to turn an expensive car into a pile of junk.
wrecked-lamborghini-aventador-lp-700-4-image-via-trafficticketforum-and-wreckedexotics_100414146_l.jpg

Last edited:
As posted in another thread, can these mofos get any slimier??? Buy a $1,100 cellphone and get booted from the network. I'm sure since they haven't spent the money to upgrade their system, they are freeing up space to sell more data to their big money customers who can afford it. Also, I'm sure they are able to do this due that dumb mofo in the White House. Stay tune, because more customers are going to get screwed by network providers like Verizon.

Verizon gives the boot to 8,500 rural customers for 'using too much data'
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-cuts-off-8-500-010440940.html

Last edited:
Back