Who outchea paying $1100 for a Iphone?

Damn all that...I'm still good with the basic flip phone....they won't be getting my $1100. Too many old iphone models they still giving away FREE for that to me...

Gonna do it.

Sell my 7+. The difference will be a few hundred. $300 - $400. And I'll write the whole purchase off as a business expense.

200.gif

Gonna buy the new iPad Pro too.
I used to be against leasing phones until I started realizing how that the phones only really have a 2 year life span and wasn't a real benefit to owning a rapidly depreciating item that would perform worse and worse.

Pass me a beeper Lol

I spoke with someone on yesterday and they said, for that price, I could buy 11 pair of shoes
2w30opz.jpg

Damn all that...I'm still good with the basic flip phone....they won't be getting my $1100. Too many old iphone models they still giving away FREE for that to me...

I thought common sense had died. Thanks for keeping it real, by putting your money in the bank and not try to keep up with the joneses. I applaud your discernment .

We had over 182K+ paid in full pre-orders as of ~1 month ago. Americans of all flavors are greedy and we capitalize on their inherent weakness, w/ great pride to offer the service(s) :D . Cha-ching!!!!!!!! lol

I'll get mine, for free lol, a few weeks after the rev generating customers demand slows.

So are you using the flip phone or the old iphones models? LOL

In this day and age, a flip phone would do me no good. I need access to my emails and other things so that I don't have to stop everything and go find a computer or wifi connection.

I had my last droid for 5 years. Only got a new one this year because I was cutting grass, and it fell. Once a 800 pound lawnmower goes over it that just ends all life. Lol

Last edited:
In my opinion, the cheapest way to buy a phone is to pay for it upfront. Not leading.

I rely on my phone in both of my businesses. I had an iPhone 5S that I was trying to make last. A few weeks before the iPhone 7 came out, the battery exploded. Literally exploded. The glass blew out, the frame was cracked, and the battery was inside swollen. Looked like a bag of microwave popcorn.

Anyway, I needed my phone. Considered my options, bought a cheap kit to fix the 5S. Never quite worked right after that. Limped along and got the 7+ as soon as it came out.

I'm thinking I can sell this phone which is in pristine condition with box and everything. Add around $300 and buy the X. Write off the whole thing. Assuming my tax rate is around 30%, the tax benefit should be $300 ($1000*.30). It's a wash as far as I'm concerned.

I probably wouldn't be doing it if it was just a personal phone. But, considering the business functionality and the tax write off, I believe it works out.
I bought my s7 upfront. Loved it for about 14 months. It is still a good phone but I have noticed a steady decline with each update since the s8 came out.

This is why these mofos need to be regulated. They have turn into the country's No. 1 Con Artists ripping people off at-will. What if car manufacturers made cars that are only good for a few months??? Based on normal wear and tear, I believe car manufacturers are made to build cars to last for at least 5 years. If a person knows how to work on their own car and can drive with some sense, they can extend the life cycle of their vehicle for at least 15 to 20 years or more. Now I do believe some people do need to get rid of their old gas-guzzlers that only get 10 to 15 miles per gallon (mgp). With gas prices staying over $2 a gallon these days, they would save themselves a ton of money if they drove a new car that gets 35 or better mpg. It's simple math.

Last edited:
So are you using the flip phone or the old iphones models? LOL

In this day and age, a flip phone would do me no good. I need access to my emails and other things so that I don't have to stop everything and go find a computer or wifi connection.
old iphones....they told me no more to my flip....

Makes you wonder if they are doing it on purpose.

It does seem like they only work well for about two years. If you make money with your phone, I don't think waiting is worth the potential hassle of loss of use.

Spend a few bucks. Get a new phone. Write it off as a business expense. Sell the old one. Keep trucking.

JMO

:D

sidebar: As of ~2pm CST yester, ~550K+ pre-orders paid in full. New record will ensue. I digress.

I had my last droid for 5 years. Only got a new one this year because I was cutting grass, and it fell. Once a 800 pound lawnmower goes over it that just ends all life. Lol

I just got back into the smartphone world only because some of my jobs require pictures and a cell phone is more convenient on the field than a camera lol

Went on Ebay and found this bad boy for under a $100 in fair condition.

7409-73-1.jpg

If I decide to go into catering I'll make it my business phone and find another phone that is around $100. No way in the hell I would pay over $500 for a phone let alone $1100. As a popular Youtube reviewer said, "good cell phones are getting cheap and cheap cell phones are getting good" . As long as it can take pictures, make good calls and surf the net (check emails) without lagging I'm good.

Like I said with Lavar Ball and those shoes....

I don't get mad over prices of goods, I just make a decision to buy or not. None of us get to decide if something is overpriced. That is the role of the market.

Like I said with Lavar Ball and those shoes....

I don't get mad over prices of goods, I just make a decision to buy or not. None of us get to decide if something is overpriced. That is the role of the market.

Role of the market and Republicans allowing businesses to do whatever they want through deregulation. We no longer have net neutrality now that the Russian woman piss on me President (Donald Trump) is in office, which means internet service providers can throttle your phone and internet service however they choose. Like I previously stated, a $1,000-plus phone ain't worth shit if you don't have good service for it.

Last edited:
What people don't understand is iPhone users don't care about their opinion.

Every time a new phone comes out, there are people who don't own the phone complaining about the price. As if that makes sense.

People talking about this other phone "had that feature years ago". Talking about people wasting money when they buy Jordans, Starbucks, weave, and other crap. Folks with their "habits" - pussy, weed, alcohol, gambling, etc. - criticizing others for buying a phone.

We spend money on what we want. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

I feel I have a rational reason for upgrading my phone, but if I got one just because I wanted it that's my business.

iPhone users have never given a damn about these people's opinion. I suspect they never will.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Gotta' pay to play this game and playing this game isn't for everyone because obviously those who don't play it either cannot or will not desire to afford it. In the last 15 hours, that # has escalated to > 890K+. Can't give specifics until next week.

Close to and over 1M devices @ ~1000$ profited per device is a lot of revenue. I digress.

Back