Votes: 23 50.0%
  • jsu

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • su

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • pv

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Yeah it did sort of happen. Your school was already getting attention, and the band just came along for the ride. GSU just happened to be the first HBCU band that the person in the right position saw. They could have just as easily seen FAMU or SU first, but GSu is who they saw. It's just like some people in MS see Valley first, and no matter what is right in front of thier face, they will still swear Valley is the king of the swac. The main reason GSU gets attention now is because they already had it in the past. They look at a list of bands then say "well I don't know much about these HBCU bands, but I have seen this GSU school a few places before, let's go with them." GSU always acting like they the only band that's been doing anything the last 40 years when people that have been around since the 60's will tell you that just isn't the case. Was Jackie Robison the best ball player. He was likely more around the middle of the league. THere were at least 3 or 4 players on his own team who were better. The first black college football and basketball players at white schools were not the best we had to offer. The most over-hyped players in sports now, and the first to get voted by fans to all-star teams, are really not the top players based on skills. So, being the first or most exposed doesn't mean the best. Yall get props for the exposure of black bands, but it never made you the best and it was gonna happen with someone eventually anyway. But yall's so-called popularity is all you have to hold on to because you certainly have no other claim to being a top band. IF that's what you need to feel good about yourself.

Back to the original question. JSU and SU are the most hated on bands. When you on top, and people are trying to tear you down that's hating. When people look for the smallest things to chip away at your throne that's hating. WHen people basically say "yall good but not all that" that's hating. IF you one of the bottom three bands in the SWAC, you ain't hated. Cause we all know you're not one of the top bands, and you know yourself.

If you could go back and read your post.

:read: Hummmmm,.....let's see here,......

Number of statements spent on discrediting The World Famed
Marching Band

Number of statements defending your position on those other bands................7

Congratulations !!! .......You have just hypocritically demonstrated in the first paragraph the position inwhich you are trying to defend in the second!!! :shame: :shame: :shame:

If this ain't hatin,....I don't know what is.

Re: If you could go back and read your post.

Originally posted by Legend35
:read: Hummmmm,.....let's see here,......

Number of statements spent on discrediting The World Famed
Marching Band

Number of statements defending your position on those other bands................7

Congratulations !!! .......You have just hypocritically demonstrated in the first paragraph the position inwhich you are trying to defend in the second!!! :shame: :shame: :shame:

If this ain't hatin,....I don't know what is.
legend you are quick with the comebacks and you made your point. i guess for now ya'll are the most hated......

Re: Re: If you could go back and read your post.

Originally posted by SKIP
legend you are quick with the comebacks and you made your point. i guess for now ya'll are the most hated......
O.K.....I guess that's a compliment.

Re: Re: Re: If you could go back and read your post.

O.K.....I guess that's a compliment.
it was a compliment, and always remember that is people are hating on you, you must be doing something right. i've never heard about anybody hating on somebody sorry.

Originally posted by FunkyTone_98_2
Yeah it did sort of happen. Your school was already getting attention, and the band just came along for the ride. GSU just happened to be the first HBCU band that the person in the right position saw. They could have just as easily seen FAMU or SU first, but GSu is who they saw. It's just like some people in MS see Valley first, and no matter what is right in front of thier face, they will still swear Valley is the king of the swac. The main reason GSU gets attention now is because they already had it in the past. They look at a list of bands then say "well I don't know much about these HBCU bands, but I have seen this GSU school a few places before, let's go with them." GSU always acting like they the only band that's been doing anything the last 40 years when people that have been around since the 60's will tell you that just isn't the case. Was Jackie Robison the best ball player. He was likely more around the middle of the league. THere were at least 3 or 4 players on his own team who were better. The first black college football and basketball players at white schools were not the best we had to offer. The most over-hyped players in sports now, and the first to get voted by fans to all-star teams, are really not the top players based on skills. So, being the first or most exposed doesn't mean the best. Yall get props for the exposure of black bands, but it never made you the best and it was gonna happen with someone eventually anyway. But yall's so-called popularity is all you have to hold on to because you certainly have no other claim to being a top band. IF that's what you need to feel good about yourself.

Back to the original question. JSU and SU are the most hated on bands. When you on top, and people are trying to tear you down that's hating. When people look for the smallest things to chip away at your throne that's hating. WHen people basically say "yall good but not all that" that's hating. IF you one of the bottom three bands in the SWAC, you ain't hated. Cause we all know you're not one of the top bands, and you know yourself.

It just did sort of happen:rolleyes:

No one from grambling has ever said that we are the only band doing things.. Much props goes to all bands doing things to present a good image to the people

Dude the polls don't lie, people just try their best to hate on Grambling.. If you have to make a rep by hating then go ahead. Gram will forever live long and stay strong

So, my question is,...is Rap Music with a more simplified chord progression suitable for a university band to be playing or can it be arranged in a way that it would not insult the integrity of the band (meaning theoretical principles that a college band should be implimenting)? I'm asking because I really don't know and I'm trying to be open minded about it.
I'm still waiting for an answer.???????????

Well I don't think anyone is the most hated band but the most disliked band is Grambling...

The most hated on band...hmmm..JSU....

Jes my opinion;)

Originally posted by Jayson
Well I don't think anyone is the most hated band but the most disliked band is Grambling...

The most hated on band...hmmm..JSU....

Jes my opinion;)
Yes,...that's your opinion but,...this little poll says otherwise.

Back