Which Song Do You Think Your Band Will Play The Hell Out Of

usa today

Sgt Backfire
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT. OK WHAT SONG IN YOUR OPINION WILL YOUR BAND GIVE JUSTICE TO , THAT ANOTHER BAND PLAYS AND JUST MESSES IT UP OR YOU JUST KNOW YOUR BAND WILL SOUND BETTER PLAYING THE SONG BETTER THAN THE OTHER BAND? GIVE YOUR OPINONS AND THOUGHTS.

I USUALLY DON'T THINK ABOUT THE OCEAN BUT I THINK JACKSON STATE OR SOUTHERN WOULD BLOW THE SHAT OUT OF THE COMING TO AMERICA THEME.

I think everyone is going to play that "Crazy in Love" tune.....

Now it comes down to who will have the best arrangement of it, will the brass bring it out and will people really recognize it.

I think we (TXSU) would do damage to several songs. I'm diggin that song with Tamia and Fabolous, our mellophones would have a feild day on that one. Crazy in Love would be Crazy with the 120 brass players alone we have (That's not including da crabs) That would be a song we would be so crunk to play, Our band director would have to tell us to calm down.

Crazy in Love, with a B-tone Mellophone melody, The Bluff would murder, with Bone Phi, T Psi on chords and B-top , Sax Phi, and Flutes on counter melody, Pure sound. oh and the blow section, run for cover.

GBNF
D.G. "U know my"Steez

I THINK THAT THE STORM WILL WRECK THAT CRAZY IN LOVE AS WELL AS THAT MONICA SO GONE, AS FAR AS WHAT OTHER SCHOOLS PLAYED, I KNOW THEY WOULD HULL J-STATE'S AFRICANO, TSU'S JJ'S ENTRANCE, OR SU'S VERSION OF NECK
ALL THESE'S SCHOOL BLOW THE BELLS OF THEY HORNS WHEN THEY THOSE SONGS.

P.S. OF COURSE SU BLOWS ON EVERY SONG EVEN BALLADS(WHEN THEY PLAY THEM) IS PLAYING SOFT EVEN IN YALL VOCABULARY lol

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO-----PHONE
TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
I think we (TXSU) would do damage to several songs. I'm diggin that song with Tamia and Fabolous, our mellophones would have a feild day on that one.

Your mello's suck... get real!!! :shame:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magnificent Mello!!!!!! Phone!!!!!!

I can't and I aint laying claim to no college band cause I'm not in one but I support SU. I think that if someone wrote it at SU, they would play the L outta this song called "Fancy" on Destiny Child's last CD. I heard it on a mix CD and I was like "just imagine the "S" blowing a band out the side of Mumford with that" Its just so cold. I think somebody need to get their hands on that joint but besides that I think that SU would do JSU's Hit'em up style even more justice. Not taking anything away from them at all but I just think it would be a lil more interesting.

Nobody At JSU Will Touch My Arrangement of "I Wish I Wasn't." They might get me on Crazy in Love Though. There's nothing unique about all of the one's I've heard 'cause they all sound the same, so I'm not to into my own.

Back