WHICH CITY HAS PRODUCED THE BEST ARTISTS AND THE MOST HITS?

Donald K. Willi

Which city has produced the best artists and the most hits? Would it be Detroit(Motown),Philadelphia or Memphis?
I say Detroit because of the popularity of Motown.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Butch Wms. said:
Which city has produced the best artists and the most hits? Would it be Detroit(Motown),Philadelphia or Memphis?
I say Detroit because of the popularity of Motown.

The most hits,Detroit.The best artists? I can't answer that one.Each city has produced it's own unique sounds and artists.

You should be more specific with your questions about genre of music, because of Hip Hop, New York's numbers would be through the roof. With their combination of R&B, and rap, it would probably be a runaway.

As far as R&B goes, it's probably neck & neck between Philly, and Detroit, and I'd probably give a slight edge to Philly.

Now as far as overall hits go, that title belongs to Nashville, and the many country western hits that have littered the charts over the years. :emlaugh:

Told you to specify.

NICE

jag4life said:
When ya'll say Detroit do you mean people FROM there or people who RECORDED there?

That's a very good question.

For instance, most people think the original Temptations were "from" Detroit, when in actuality, two or three of them were from Birmingham, at least one was from Montgomery, and I believe a couple of them were from Mississippi.

I'm sure the same thing could be said about Atlanta, because ain't NOBODY "from" Atlanta. :emlaugh: Everybody you meet there is either from up north, or from Alabama. :lol:

Back