Where is Southern playing Jackson State in 2004? New Orleans or Baton Rogue?

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
GR, Rob

This is sad. Now you see why I dont argue with women or jags. I wish I could go to Mudford one time and my biggest problem was selection of Coke or Diet coke, and whether the pizza man had pepperoni or sausage. The nerve of some people. Hell Pete's mug is so sour on the sidelines that he could suck the sweet out of a coca-cola classic.

You let negroes come sit in a stadium that is clean, kept up, and has proper security, and they start think it is the Four Seasons hotel or Le Parker Meridien and they are supposed to have everything their way. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D .................. MEMORIAL FOREVER YA'LL!!! :lmao:
Complain all ya'll want ...........IT'S STILL BETTER THAN ALL OF YOURS. SMACK ALL YOU WANT............... YOU WILL NEVER CATCH UP. :bawling:

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
I could care less if JSU gets one seat. We play them on their home field. They need to play us on our home field. SU/JSU is a special and energized game. Everyone says it just ain't the same in the dome. You mentioned the larger attendance. Now subtract all of the expenses that comes with that trip to NOs. (buses for band and football team, transportation for the SGA, administration and all of their hook-ups, transportation for cheerleaders, mascot and other supportive personnel, meals for all of the above, cost of the superdome rental, hotel expenses, etc... This isn't a sponsored game, so the expenses come off any profit that you earn. Besides, how many games, outside of Bayou Classic, have we won in the Superdome? Look at it how you wish, but the only advantage I see in playing in NOs against JSU is to make JSU more comfortable. Since when do we care how comfortable our opponents are? Especially enough to put ourselves in more uncomfortable conditions that being at home?

SMH!!!

Finally, don't you get tired of New Orleans raping you with their expensive hotels. They get my money once a year. JSU is the most important game to me yearly, but I'll never pay New Orleans funds for JSU and GSU. So, SU sells 4 less tickets anytime they go to New Orleans for JSU. Period!

It doesn't make since to me to give up your home field advantage to make your opponent happy. So, I want support that logic or lack of logic.

Peace!!!

This I can agree with from a wanting to keep the home field advantage and expenses point of view.

Thanks for leaving out the non-sence about Memorial -- Confederate, :rolleyes: , or what ever certain people want to call it.

It's not our fault that the state provides RENOVATIONS --still on going ---, and UPKEEP at no expense to JSU.

:D :cool: :D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
First of all as an Native of Jackson, I never have any issue with Memorial aside of concession stand workers attitudes, but that's anywhere. I don't know when the Stadium started the gate thing, but it used to not be that way and I have been coming there since the days of Payton so I can't really comprehend the issues that SS has had. All the gates used be open back in the day even before they finished the horseshoe. The lines have always been long for the SU game, Alcorn game and when Valley was good. But what I saw this time was crazy. Seems like they have changed the way you enter based on where the new ticket offices are now located. Back in the day you had every gate opened on the JSU side and least 4 -5 gates open on the visiting side. This is some last 5-10 year crap. It aint always been that way.

Memorial is a nice stadium no doubt, but let's face it JSU got lucky with being able to play there. So to degrade Mumford or any campus stadium is not even necessary. Hell Ole Miss and Ms State had little arse stadiums on their campuses for years until they begged for upgrades. That's the only reason they don't play in Memorial now and dumped it off on JSU while they play in newer nice confines. I am proud of OUR supposingly ragged stadium. At least it is SU's and wasn't handed down after the white man (Ole Miss and Ms State) no longer had any use for it. Plus we get out attendance count right.

And I am like my LB ZN. I could give a rats arse if we never played in NO for the JSU game. Too bad our 30K stadium can't accomdate JSU fans. So what. That's not our problem.

Hypothetical question,

If JSU builds a stadium on its campus and it seats lets say around 45k and Memorial is now torn down, will JSU worry about accomadating SU fans then, knowing it will be more than 45 k wanting to come to that game? The answer is hell nah. So get over it. I

hope our board does not take the game to NO next year. It needs to be played in BR or maybe Shreveport. NO gets my money one too many times each year.

But, JR, Seeing Spots has been coming to the JSU-SU game in Jackson since '76. They used to just close all the gates just for the SU game, let her tell it. Or maybe they all just flocked to the same entrance spot and disregarded the other 30 or entrances they coulda entered into before the renovations. Since the renovations, we all in the same boat. I had the conversation with a Jag fan while entering the stadium. He was upset about the entrance and I told him we all had to go in at this one spot. I think they're trying to control folk sneaking in. But that's just my guess.

And don't act like JSU started using Memorial after Ole Miss and State stopped. Ole Miss and State didn't stop using Memorial until the late 80's and early '90s. Where was JSU playing prior to that??? We simply have practically exclusive use of the stadium.

I could care less if JSU gets one seat. We play them on their home field. They need to play us on our home field. SU/JSU is a special and energized game. Everyone says it just ain't the same in the dome. You mentioned the larger attendance. Now subtract all of the expenses that comes with that trip to NOs. (buses for band and football team, transportation for the SGA, administration and all of their hook-ups, transportation for cheerleaders, mascot and other supportive personnel, meals for all of the above, cost of the superdome rental, hotel expenses, etc... This isn't a sponsored game, so the expenses come off any profit that you earn. Besides, how many games, outside of Bayou Classic, have we won in the Superdome? Look at it how you wish, but the only advantage I see in playing in NOs against JSU is to make JSU more comfortable. Since when do we care how comfortable our opponents are? Especially enough to put ourselves in more uncomfortable conditions that being at home?

It doesn't make since to me to give up your home field advantage to make your opponent happy. So, I want support that logic or lack of logic.

Peace!!!

It would be nice if the administration shared the same opinion.

SMH!!!

Finally, don't you get tired of New Orleans raping you with their expensive hotels. They get my money once a year. JSU is the most important game to me yearly, but I'll never pay New Orleans funds for JSU and GSU. So, SU sells 4 less tickets anytime they go to New Orleans for JSU. Period!

Peace!!!

I totally agree with you about caring less if the opponent gets enough tickets but from what I've heard the game is consider a classic (New Orleans Classic) and the chancellor contends we make more money playing the game there and have said on more than one occassion that's where the game will be played for a few more years until we can expand our stadium.

I think it would have beeen better to play it at lsu, that way fans could still tailgate we'd probably get some of the lsu crowd that don't make the game plus it might just get the state to hurry up our expansion. :D

Originally posted by Robber
And don't act like JSU started using Memorial after Ole Miss and State stopped. Ole Miss and State didn't stop using Memorial until the late 80's and early '90s. Where was JSU playing prior to that??? We simply have practically exclusive use of the stadium.

If my memory's correct, Mississippi State played Arkansas in Memorial in '89. That was the last time they (or Ole Miss) played in Jackson....

And JSU's first game in Memorial was in '71 I think. The played Grambling, and won.

So we've been playing there a long time. And it's still the biggest stadium in Mississippi...

:cool:

Originally posted by JR
Memorial is a nice stadium no doubt, but let's face it JSU got lucky with being able to play there. So to degrade Mumford or any campus stadium is not even necessary. Hell Ole Miss and Ms State had little arse stadiums on their campuses for years until they begged for upgrades. That's the only reason they don't play in Memorial now and dumped it off on JSU while they play in newer nice confines. I am proud of OUR supposingly ragged stadium. At least it is SU's and wasn't handed down after the white man (Ole Miss and Ms State) no longer had any use for it. Plus we get out attendance count right.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
How was the stadium DUMPED off on JSU.....:confused: ........and how is JSU LUCKY to be playing there. I guess we have been LUCKY enough to play there for 30+ years.

And as far as your "white man handed down" .............. get some new material frat. You sound like a east coast spotlight activest trying to get SHOCK VALUE.

Come on frat ................ you don't even believe what you just typed.:lmao:

Originally posted by BgJag
You all might need to checkout the Baton Rouge rates.

:lol:

I totally agree with you, ZN and JR. I think our home game should be played on our home field. What jSU feels about it, is totally irrelevant, and who really GAF, it's SU's home game. Either come or stay in Jacktown.....Doesn't matter to us Southernites one way or the other...The game will still go on w/or w/o ya.

Originally posted by SU's Finest '93

I totally agree with you, ZN and JR. I think our home game should be played on our home field. What jSU feels about it, is totally irrelevant, and who really GAF, it's SU's home game. Either come or stay in Jacktown.....Doesn't matter to us Southernites one way or the other...The game will still go on w/or w/o ya.

That's exactly how we feel about MEMORIAL...

Originally posted by SU's Finest '93

SOOOO..............taking this into account ................... Why should JSU care about how long it takes you to get through the game. We get in, no problem. If you don't want to stand in line ...................STAY HOME. What SU thinks about the way Memorial is run is IRRELEVENT. :cool:

According to TV Screen at Memorial, we have been playing there since 1967. (They did a congratulations thing at the Ala St. game for the # of years we've being playing there). BTW, the home side did have gates open for SU fans and I think they be open for every game. I am a student, so I go pass the other gates.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by jstate83
SOOOO..............taking this into account ................... Why should JSU care about how long it takes you to get through the game. We get in, no problem. If you don't want to stand in line ...................STAY HOME. What SU thinks about the way Memorial is run is IRRELEVENT. :cool:

You shouldn't with the exception that that has nothing to do with your team maintaining or gaining an advantage in the game. This only says things are run really poorly causing those problems. This is the same deduction with the attendance numbers. Things are run poorly at the expense of JSU vs SU attendance numbers, SWAC attendance numbers, HBCU atttendance numbers, Division I-AA attendance numbers and the profit margin of JSU. Think about how many people not in the count JSU isn't receiving the revenue they should per your contract as it relates to attendance.

As long as you don't make me miss kickoff, I don't care how long it takes me to get in. I'm going to be your worst enemy when it comes to cheering against you in Baton Rouge or in Jackson; getting into the stadium smoothly or after a tedious hours delayed process. As long as I can stand in a place in the stadium with full view of the field, I'm there for my team from that point forward. As a Jaguar, I want as few of me on the other side of the field as possible. Because the more of me on my side the worse it is for you. The more of me on your side, the worse it is for me my team.

Peace!!1

Back