What's up with all the hair in HBCU Marching Bands?

Is there any difference in HBCU bands not allowing hair and this little guy being turned away from school? Should he go ahead and cut it? Should the father be mad?

The drum major I marched with had a beard. Folks are reaching on this one. Next up jayrob is gonna start doing pubic hair inspections.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That's code for he likes men. That's his prerogative, that's why I don't fool with him. Dude follows me around like a damn puppy dog.

Dude you’re on here debating about facial hair. I don’t have to follow you anywhere because you’re on every damn SU post that exists on this site dick riding.

There it is folks. Something's seriously wrong with a dude who follows another dude around on a damn website. Imma have to soon file stalking charges.

Not so fast JR, not so faasst. Hahahaha!!
Where you been. Doc allowed no earrings, dreads, hair hanging out the hat.

He allowed mustaches and goatees/ beards. LOL

My Line Brother had a goatee his whole time as DM. So did the DM before him the GREAT ANDRE ROSS.

Come on 89, if you gone be real, be for real. The person who started this thread said nothing about Haymer. That's you who brought it up.
Heck, even one of the most loyal Jukes in JR co-signed that he didn't agree with the facial hair. I doubt if you do either, but one doubt's if you'll publicly admit it.

Dude we never allowed the individual shit. Meaning that WEAVE ASS Dread stuff or jewelry. Doc never minded beards or mustaches. I don't like all that shit hanging out of band hat. SU still don't do that. Even doing the afro days, Doc let them have them and the sideburns. His pet peeve during my time was no DAMN Jheri Curls. Said that he didn't want that drip drip juice messing up his uniform.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just let us know when you intend on conducting the pubic hair checks so we can warn the students.
Where you been. Doc allowed no earrings, dreads, hair hanging out the hat.

He allowed mustaches and goatees/ beards. LOL

My Line Brother had a goatee his whole time as DM. So did the DM before him the GREAT ANDRE ROSS.

I don't know about great. That must be something ya'll called him in KKPsi or after '84 when I was no longer in the band, but that Port City native did have a little goatee under his chin and he was a crab in '82 in the saxophone section and became DM in '83.

I don't know about great. That must be something ya'll called him in KKPsi or after '84 when I was no longer in the band, but that Port City native did have a little goatee under his chin and he was a crab in '82 in the saxophone section and became DM in '83.

After his two year rip as DM, he was widely considered by that era of Jukes and including Doc as his greatest. Heck even in Doc's retirement, he said Ross was the one who changed the game for SU DMs. I know my LB Oops thinks that way. But hey it is true that we are all KKPSI. The great one will make his presence at Homecoming this Fall with LB's from Spr 83. Some of the most dancing mofos ever off that line. Bemp, Andre, Warren, Devo, Helmon (RIP) were instrumental in our dance routines and the creation of the Super 5 and then Super 7.

After his two year rip as DM, he was widely considered by that era of Jukes and including Doc as his greatest. Heck even in Doc's retirement, he said Ross was the one who changed the game for SU DMs. I know my LB Oops thinks that way. But hey it is true that we are all KKPSI. The great one will make his presence at Homecoming this Fall with LB's from Spr 83. Some of the most dancing mofos ever off that line. Bemp, Andre, Warren, Devo, Helmon (RIP) were instrumental in our dance routines and the creation of the Super 5 and then Super 7.

Okay. LOL!!! Andre was Doc's homeboy and he did like to dance a lot. I think him and ole girl who did a solo dance for us my crab year ended up hooking up.

He was a grown man last year! Haymer was a Greggs protege, he didn't allow beards. :(
I love how you and JayRob figure that you know more about the band that I marched in under both Greggs and Mr.Jackson. I'm pretty sure I and several other band members had mustaches, goatees, and beards. Y'all can't hate on the excellent sound the band is producing, so you're reduced to focusing on something that isn't even true. I also have to wonder, if you aren't an SU alum why are you even concerned about the amount of facial hair someone in our band has?

Back