What's the update with the New JSU Stadium??

The bill isn't dead FYI, the funds from the state ($40M) will be acquired next month

You are right about this. I dont know how politics works but those bills died only because they were moved over to appropriations.
Whatever that means... lol

The bill for the dorms died too but that was also moved to appropriations.
I didnt see any ruling on the on-campus water system.

I’d love for Jsu to get an on campus stadium. I enjoy the Vet but it’s nothing like a campus stadium and You can show off your campus on game day as well.

I have no interest in showing off my campus. I dont want all those people and their trash on our campus. I like being off campus. It's all I know. Maybe if I experienced something different, it would matter. But I have NEVER been at a tailgate or inside the Vet saying "DAMN, I wish this was on campus" lol

While I do believe we will get an on-campus stadium, Im not the dude that's happy about it. Yet, i will be the first one in there.

And for the SU people talking, Mudford is trash. Yall need to tear that $$$$ down and start over. The only reason people are talking about JSU getting a stadium is because ours is off campus. If Memorial was on the campus of JSU, no one would be mentioning getting a new stadium. It would be all about renovations.

And SU, your renovations are bad. Expecially those add on bleachers at the end like where the BOOM sits.

Last edited:
I have no interest in showing off my campus. I dont want all those people and their trash on our campus. I like being off campus. It's all I know. Maybe if I experienced something different, it would matter. But I have NEVER been at a tailgate or inside the Vet saying "DAMN, I wish this was on campus" lol

While I do believe we will get an on-campus stadium, Im not the dude that's happy about it. Yet, i will be the first one in there.

And for the SU people talking, Mudford is trash. Yall need to tear that $$$$ down and start over. The only reason people are talking about JSU getting a stadium is because our is off campus. If Memorial was on the campus of JSU, no one would be mentioning getting a new stadium. It would be all about renovations.

And SU, your renovations are bad. Expecially those add on bleachers at the end like where the BOOM sits.
TP:
Care to explain your experience with the add on bleachers in Mumford... was not aware of that.
We want to be sure you are comfortable in Sept.

And for the SU people talking, Mudford is trash. Yall need to tear that $$$$ down and start over. The only reason people are talking about JSU getting a stadium is because our is off campus. If Memorial was on the campus of JSU, no one would be mentioning getting a new stadium. It would be all about renovations.

TP, how do you expect to attract good talent if you do not have a campus that is presentable and appealing to a perspective student/athlete?

C'mon Man!!!

TP:
Care to explain your experience with the add on bleachers in Mumford... was not aware of that.
We want to be sure you are comfortable in Sept.
The new add on bleachers sit too far back. Whoever designed it didnt keep it continuous with the rest of the stadium. Also, i dont sit over there... lol And im sitting in 9W this year with my JSU flag. humph!

This is a good decision!

I love an on campus stadium. I absolutely love walking the campus before Our home games and reminiscing or going eat at local establishments.

The new add on bleachers sit too far back. Whoever designed it didnt keep it continuous with the rest of the stadium. Also, i dont sit over there... lol And im sitting in 9W this year with my JSU flag. humph!
The view from the endzone seats are wonderful.

You are right about this. I dont know how politics works but those bills died only because they were moved over to appropriations.
Whatever that means... lol

The bill for the dorms died too but that was also moved to appropriations.
I didnt see any ruling on the on-campus water system.
What does appropriations mean ?

That stadium is the least of Jackson's problems and the current antics of the legislature is proving it (attempting to take control of the water system, police, judges and airport)

And as someone mentioned, other states are watching and will try similar tactics if Jackson is successful

That stadium is the least of Jackson's problems and the current antics of the legislature is proving it (attempting to take control of the water system, police, judges and airport)

And as someone mentioned, other states are watching and will try similar tactics if Jackson is successful
The stadium wouldn’t be built for jackson, it’s for jackson state. I wish y’all would stop grouping jackson state and jackson as ONE ENTITY. Jackson State business still has to continue despite city issues. Despite any issues the city faces jackson state will gladly accept any approved project by the state. Mississippi hasn’t built not one building for jsu in over 15 years.

Last edited:
I don't think JSU will get a new stadium unless they sue. The state refuses to fix basic infrastructure issues like providing clean water to the JSU campus so why would they approve a football stadium so a black college can better recruit away black players from UM, MSU, and USM ... keep dreaming. Black people have NO POWER in Mississippi despite being almost 50% of the population .. the white power structure is that rigid and well organized. JSU will need to seek funding outside the state for that stadium but HBCUs (especially SWAC schools) historically have a terrible track record of athletic funding. JSU can fundraise to get the money outside the state but it's highly unlikely

Mississippi is almost 50% black and NEVER had a black elected to ANY statewide office. That's pretty scary and concerning in regards to how blacks are ignored and marginalized.

Last edited:
Back