Whats the problem with College Hill

jag4life said:
She's probably an 8 because of her azz...Ol girl in the pageant with the white bikini on...she is one of the top of the list women.

Yeah, it was about two chicks in the pageant that I thought had her beat.

jag4life said:
She's probably an 8 because of her azz...Ol girl in the pageant with the white bikini on...she is one of the top of the list women.

Man, that chick with the White Bikini was off the chain!!!!!!!

Man is yall crazy.....you heard what she said....she should have worn the 2 piece...them other chicks wasnt in her league.

The show is just flat out boring...not a single character of interest, most of whom appear in an episode only when it's about them. As for Jabari, not that i'm cracking on his speech impediment, but his whole Rain Man act is wearing thin. Even when you can make out what he's saying, it rarely makes sense. The production quality is less than high school caliber, expected as much from BET but not Edmond Entertainment. How hard could it have been to get the A&M's name right? Set up some lights in a room or focus a camera, anybody there even heard of Premiere/Avid?

Wow...you guys are real hard on the show. Maybe my standards are low.
Whats wrong with the swamp and paint ball thing? What do you want...to see them sitting around the suite all day?

The only thing wrong with the show is that they dont show the beauty contest winner more. She look like she oughta be my baby momma.
She was hurt when her boyfriend said he really wasnt interested in a relationship. You coulda bought her for a nickel.

Kollege Hill.... :| a nice show!

if im mistaken they said there is only 2 episodes left! ohhh well!

as far as the pageant! the redbone AKA from Monroe, La alllll the wayyyy! met her this summer! she kool az hell....

dSWACizJSU said:
veronica was cool at first, but towards the end, she got a lil bytchy and her hair is never done and always nappy.

:nod2: When I looked at the marathon, I noticed her hair was a little crunchy lookin in the front and she's the kinda chick I could choke for not combing that thick beautiful hair! Some chicks have to add weave to their head for that kind of hair! (i don't)

NASTYNUPE said:
They're making the show seem like college is nothing but one issue after another. I know cameras in the class room may be a little distracting...but that is the #1 priority in college: CLASS. I've yet to see anyone studying for a test...going to the library...stressing over a paper that's due(maybe 2)...the urge to cheat for a quiz...dealing with refund day long lines...waiting on your loan check to come in(oh I forgot...2 of them are rich)

It WOULD be ideal to see all of our Black people studying on the show, but that's not enough drama for America. According the the network, for the ranks to stay up, we unfortunately need to get drunk, fight, curse, argue, and be hoochies for others to watch us. :shame:

Jaguar94 said:
that's not college life.

no union scenes!
no spades games!
no barbers (hair stylists) on each floor!
no lines to get in the caf. for steak nite!

FUN FUN FUN...Fun was missing from the show...I agree.

Get Ready said:
Get READY doesnt have a life, so HE sat and watched the marathon on BET Sat. What is the problem most of you have with the series? It was actually pretty good and entertaining to GR. Plus the lil eye candy on there is real nice. GET READY doesnt understand the objection to the show from this board. Maybe its just GR. GRs attention span is very short, so if HE sat there and watched it, it must be OK.

I've enjoyed watching the show....The theme music & opening sequence alone is worth ten other Reality Shows.

In my day, pregnant or not, the messy girl would gotten burned with a curling iron. She should thank God she's not in Boley. Anyway, the problems everyone has mentioned about the show are the kinds of things you have to deal with when you're a first at anything. This is "The Edmonds" first reality show and the first black reality show. Some of the "quality" complaints are intentional. It's not supposed to be polished...these kids are in college and its supposed to look real. Everything will upgrade as the series goes on.

Any thoughts on which college will host the show next? I would think other HBCU's would be lining up....Especially since SU has done all the experimental, trailblazing work...

;)
~Astrya

Since I'm not too much into the show, who's the bruh with the dreads that see on the commercials saying "things are gonna change around here"?

FAB5 said:
The show is just flat out boring...not a single character of interest, most of whom appear in an episode only when it's about them. As for Jabari, not that i'm cracking on his speech impediment, but his whole Rain Man act is wearing thin. Even when you can make out what he's saying, it rarely makes sense. The production quality is less than high school caliber, expected as much from BET but not Edmond Entertainment. How hard could it have been to get the A&M's name right? Set up some lights in a room or focus a camera, anybody there even heard of Premiere/Avid?

The concept of the show was good...but they just didn't pull it off IMHO. In other words, College Hill is a bootleg Real World. the production quality sux goose eggs.

To me, the show is watchable. I agree with those who say that the production is suspect at best.
I hope it survives, and they take feedback from viewers, so that they can produce a product that actually showcases life at our wonderous institutions. The show seems to substitute showing college life at an HBCU with gimmicks and instigated drama. I never did paint ball on the yard, and don't know where to find a damn swamp tour. What happened to Frat parties, hanging out at the back of campus watching the honeys, pool parties in Seymore gym, SGA elections, pick-up BB games, homecoming activities, study sessions, and all night coffee-assisted cram sessions for midterms (hell, some of our cram sessions were more entertaining than what they are showing)?

I watch, mostly out of support, but... let's just leave it at, it's watchable.

Justin said:
Since I'm not too much into the show, who's the bruh with the dreads that see on the commercials saying "things are gonna change around here"?

Hey Justin,
That's Jabari.........

<center>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Free (Of 106 & Park fame):
College Hill is the highest rated show in BET History!
Opinions may vary but people are certainly tuning
in and the ratings are speaking volumes.
</center>

~Astrya

p.s.
amethyst08,
All reality shows (as we know them) are bootleg Real Worlds's (or Road Rules).
MTV invented the genre. Think about it....Survivor(Road Rules on an island),
Big Brother (Real World in seclusion) and so on and so fourth...

Storm_ofSU said:
p.s.
amethyst08,
All reality shows (as we know them) are bootleg Real Worlds's (or Road Rules).
MTV invented the genre. Think about it....Survivor(Road Rules on an island),
Big Brother (Real World in seclusion) and so on and so fourth...

I know reality shows as a whole just spin off of each other. I was speaking in terms of the production quality when I say bootleg. Think about the bootleg DVD's that are sold on the street. :lol:

amethyst08 said:
I know reality shows as a whole just spin off of each other. I was speaking in terms of the production quality when I say bootleg. Think about the bootleg DVD's that are sold on the street. :lol:

I never bought a bootleg dvd but I can imagine what you mean.
Your "production quality" grievance is duely noted (and shared
to some degree). But I still feel like some of that is intentional
simply because they (Edmonds and staff) certainly know how
to achieve better quality. Who knows...at any rate it is what it
is...and reality TV as a whole is meant to be less "polished" than
production TV...otherwise it would be production TV.
:winkgrin:
~Astrya

since this is babyface-n-nem first production, i am sure that this was trial and error and it will be much better the next season at least i hope, but i will be looking for more campus activities and a lil outside drama next season.

[QUOTE since this is babyface-n-nem first production....QUOTE]

Huh??? :eek: You are aware they have a 4 or 5 yr. old series on Showtime...called Soulfood? If I'm not mistaken, produced the feature film of the same name and have done other made for tv movies. Maybe you meant first shot at a reality series, even so, CH compared to their other work is a major disappointment. Let's hope when this season's over, heads roll in the production meetings for next season

Maybe it's an "generational" bias but Mike Bigg (talking 3rd person like my smack page big brutha almightee) can't get into watching these type shoes. Mike Bigg likes old movies and action shows like Highlander or old Westerns. Mike Bigg doesn't like bad acting! Mike Bigg thinks those kids on dem shows be faking for the camera.

Mike Bigg ain't never acted like he wanted to whip someone's azz then act like he feels sorry for it. He either gets his azz whipped or tear someone else's azz out the frame. I er he means, he don't play that fake mad at you mess!

Back