Whats the history behind "Glad To See You Again"?

I've always preferred Tennessee State's version over everybody's. I wish PV would get back to playing it

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I've always preferred Tennessee State's version over everybody's. I wish PV would get back to playing it
One of the only full band arrangements instead of just a tuba fanfare. I thought they played it again a couple of years ago but I could be wrong. Might be thinking about I'm So Glad.

One of the only full band arrangements instead of just a tuba fanfare. I thought they played it again a couple of years ago but I could be wrong. Might be thinking about I'm So Glad.

Nah I haven't heard PV play it since the Prof days. And yeah i prefer the full band arrangements more. That's why I like TnSU's first and PV's second

At JSU they call it Happy Radio. I think it’s a variotion of the Edwin Starr song from the 70’s. Don’t know who played it 1st but it may have been a popular band song back then that morphed into a tuba fanfare.

At JSU they call it Happy Radio. I think it’s a variotion of the Edwin Starr song from the 70’s. Don’t know who played it 1st but it may have been a popular band song back then that morphed into a tuba fanfare.

I wish I can thank you a thousand times for this! Never heard of Edwin Starr, or that song and I just looked it up. Thats exactly where it comes from once the chorus hits!

the whole song is dope but the tuba part we all know starts at 1:52

I wish I can thank you a thousand times for this! Never heard of Edwin Starr, or that song and I just looked it up. Thats exactly where it comes from once the chorus hits!

the whole song is dope but the tuba part we all know starts at 1:52

I'mmo need for you bandsmen and bandswomen to know your history so we can forever keep the craft alive! There are SEVERAL of us funkateers who cut a rug to Edwin Starr back in the gap, among several others.

If you want some input on some hella' funky jams to play from back in the gap, get at your resident funkateers here mane. There's more to funk than George Clinton, Parliament, Funkadelic, Barkays, Cameo, Prince (at times lol), Bootzilla, James Brown & The JBs, The Time, et al more popular funky-arteests. I personally tried to kickstart some great dialogue regarding music which SHOULD be played due to non-original folk like that new-school Bruno Mars foolishness but no one wanted to get at me in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. :D

Somebody page @Herbert77060 ol' decrepit raggedy azz, like my ol' decrepit raggedy azz has been paged to participate in this funk quorum. :D

Seriously, Herb has a LOT of knowledge, considering he was a musician in a group. My only ability to relate was due to being reared around nothing but (funk) music (literally) and my paternal uncle who plays every instrument known to man for groups consisting of Kool & The Gang, The Stylistics, The Spinners, and another whose name leaves me at the moment. I was in on a LOT of his/their practice sessions when just a kid.

I'mmo need for you bandsmen and bandswomen to know your history so we can forever keep the craft alive! There are SEVERAL of us funkateers who cut a rug to Edwin Starr back in the gap, among several others.

If you want some input on some hella' funky jams to play from back in the gap, get at your resident funkateers here mane. There's more to funk than George Clinton, Parliament, Funkadelic, Barkays, Cameo, Prince (at times lol), Bootzilla, James Brown & The JBs, The Time, et al more popular funky-arteests. I personally tried to kickstart some great dialogue regarding music which SHOULD be played due to non-original folk like that new-school Bruno Mars foolishness but no one wanted to get at me in the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. :D

I was born in 1988 man lol
That’s exactly why I come to this site & made this thread, is to get knowledge from y’all.

I’ve been on this new site since I was 19 lol. Still have a lot to learn!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I was born in 1988 man lol
That’s exactly why I come to this site & made this thread, is to get knowledge from y’all.

I’ve been on this new site since I was 19 lol. Still have a lot to learn!

Bruh don't tell nobody else you were born in 1988. lol :D You got me feeling some kind of way right about now. :D

Here, check this one out. I could've sworn we did this thing once before... hmmmmmmmmm.....

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh some band gonna' step up and bust another band square in the mouth soon....

Help me Jesus... Help me white woman in Krogers... Help me Spanish girl from Paco's Tacos.... :( I just cannot damned stop. :( These are my jams. SAUCEY!!!!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh some band gonna' step up and bust another band square in the mouth soon....

I’d like to see bands go back to playing more old school stuff.

Music today is just garbage. I can hardly stand to listen to anything made after 2009

Never heard of it it until PV played Bama State and that tape started floating around in 1995 and it became part of PV’s book

Back