WHAT WOULD WINNING A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MEAN?

Donald K. Willi

Other than name recognition,bragging rights and helping with recruiting,what would winning a national championship mean to an HBCU? I'm asking about the benefits to the whole institution and not just the football program.

Butch Wms. said:
Other than name recognition,bragging rights and helping with recruiting,what would winning a national championship mean to an HBCU? I'm asking about the benefits to the whole institution and not just the football program.
Now if a D1 HBCU would win the NCAA hoops title in front of some 60 million viewers;It would have a brobdinagian affect on that school and it's conference. It would mean a year or 2 year of free publicity on the national networks.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Butch Wms. said:

Respect. If you stepped outside of the world of the ?Side of the Skreet Classic? and the ?Muddy Fair Grounds Classic? you would realize just how little respect SWAC football garners nationally. But hey, it is safe in swacyland ? cause you don't have to deal with white folk.

Butch Wms. said:

You've answered your own question.

I think more revenue. With the name recognition, more schools will want to play you in all sports, which means you can negotiate for a higher guarantee. Some of the schools make way more in guarantees than the little 100-150K we get for playing a major school.

Students will come. Now you know everybody will want to go to the school that won a Nat'l championship and was on TV doing it. We'll get transfers and dare I say...some of the other minorities.

That school will be able to tout it's athletic excellence along with it's academic excellence, thereby garnering more research dollars and probably corporate contributions.

I just feel if marketed correctly, any HBCU school could make great strides by winning a Nat'l Championship.

Why?? You think your archrivals (Albany) gonna go all the way? :D

webdrone said:
Respect. If you stepped outside of the world of the “Side of the Skreet Classic” and the “Muddy Fair Grounds Classic” you would realize just how little respect SWAC football garners nationally. But hey, it is safe in swacyland – cause you don't have to deal with white folk.

WEBDRONE ................. I got $1 on a jug of bleach to mix into your bathwater. Maybe then you could look in the mirror and truly feel good about yourself.:retard:

If an HBCU won a national championship it would be more beneficial than it is to currents PWC's. Tom Joyner, Bryant Gumble and every black media outlet would cover the game not mention BET. I would imagine there would be some hype for the 1st HBCU since FAMU to win it all. Also, attendance and donations would incease and it's a lot easier to sell a kid on your school if you've one it all. Now if one of us won it every year it becomes a non-story but we are a lonnnng way away from that.

Back