What would it take for the SWAC to move to Div 1a........

BAYOU TECHE

What would it take for the SWAC to move up to Division 1a as a whole conference? I don't know the requirements but I truely believe if the SWAC moved up to Division 1a you'd get better athletes, the athletes that once considered goin to schools like Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, well lets just say Big 12 South, SEC, ACC, and CUSA schools would consider the SWAC. Because you know the SWAC would get a television contract from ABC, CBS, FOX, or ESPN. And the main reason I think athletes choose schools from those conferences I named is because they'll have a greater chance of being on TV and gettin drafted. I don't think they really care for the "TRADITION" of the schools as most white fans and white athletes care about the TRADITION of those schools. Because part of the tradition of those SEC schools was not letting blacks in or not playing schools with black athletes. So i think most athletes are using the schools to get to the NFL and to play on National TV.

The SWAC is a VERY popular football conference, I remember goin to the state fair classic 2yrs ago and that Cotton Bowl was packed so I know attendance won't be a problem. And I'm sure SWAC fans would fill up a bowl game in the Superdome or Georgia Dome, or even the Cotton Bowl, so a bowl game won't be a problem either.

So does it all come down to Money? Or do you think schools from the SEC, ACC or Big 12 won't play at SWAC stadiums? And I sometimes wonder why the SEC schools don't schedule SWAC schools, i mean they schedule other Div 1aa schools, are they afraid of an upset and losing recruits to the SWAC schools, and don't they PAY other Div 1aa schools to travel to and play in their stadiums and when was the last time a SWAC school played an SEC school in football? Hell if FAMU can play Florida and Miami, I don't see why SWAC schools don't play the likes of Bama, Ole Miss, LSU, man I'd love to see that. I remember when my cousin was on a recruiting trip to LSU i asked a recruiter why don't LSU play Southern, all he did was smile and said "they have a good football program over there" he never gave me an answer.

Back