What will you remember most about the 2019-2020 marching season?

atl hornet

For me, the thing I’ll always remember about this past season is JSU finally overcoming the hump and being the best band in the SWAC over SU.

also, how Alcorn and Grambling solidified their status as the next two best bands in the conference.

When did JSU get "over the hump" and establish itself as the best band in the SWAC versus SU? In my estimation that has never happened and never will. SU is not just the best band in the SWAC, It is the best band in the nation. SU is "America's band" from Washington to Florida - from California to Maine, and no SWAC band comes close. Now, don't get me wrong, JSU has established itself as a fine marching unit, but it is not on the level of SU!

Last edited:

What I will remember most about the 2019-2020 marching season is SU's exemplary participation in the 2020 Tournament of Roses Parade and the extent to whch it maximized that participation. Its recruitment drive held at a LA community college, its half-time performance at a Laker's basketball game (a first), and its participation in a well-known L.A. church's Sunday service all served to expose the SU brand and could position SU to reap great rewards in the future. I will also remember that history was made when two female band directors collided for the first time at MVSU when GSU took on MVSU this past season.

Last edited:
What I will remember most about the 2019-2020 marching season is SU's exemplary participation in the 2020 Tournament of Roses Parade and the extent to whch it maximized that participation. Its recruitment drive held at a LA community college, its half-time performance at a Laker's basketball game (a first), and its participation in a well-known L.A. church's Sunday service all served to expose the SU brand and could position SU to reap great rewards in the future. I will also remember that history was made when two female band directors collided for the first time at MVSU when GSU took on MVSU this past season.

This! Also Grambling taking a step in the right direction. The new leadership seems to have the right idea there.

This! Also Grambling taking a step in the right direction. The new leadership seems to have the right idea there.

facts.
they spanked yall all weekend at the bayou classic. they're on the way back to being the real World Famed

If your opinion was worth anything you wouldn’t have attended Bama St.

I tell you one thing that is remembered from this season you’ve been dick riding more bands other than your own better than a Cowboy rides a horse in a Clint Eastwood movie.
Ouch! Lmao

If your opinion was worth anything you wouldn’t have attended Bama St.

I tell you one thing that is remembered from this season you’ve been dick riding more bands other than your own better than a Cowboy rides a horse in a Clint Eastwood movie.

source.gif

I can say that both schools seem to be heading in the right direction. Plus it was good to see Grambling bring their band on consecutive trips to Valley (yet Pine Bluff can't despite being closer and Valley bringing our band to PB the past 3 times we've been (I've been to all 3 football games))

Valley is going with the "trim the fat" approach (sound is more important than size) and building the band back up that way . Plus almost everyone with a leadership position (outside of the assistant band director who was taught in high school by the band director) marched under Chief so I think a return to the Valley of the 90s is eminent. Just have to work on getting those numbers back up to a respectable size

I can say that both schools seem to be heading in the right direction. Plus it was good to see Grambling bring their band on consecutive trips to Valley (yet Pine Bluff can't despite being closer and Valley bringing our band to PB the past 3 times we've been (I've been to all 3 football games))

Valley is going with the "trim the fat" approach (sound is more important than size) and building the band back up that way . Plus almost everyone with a leadership position (outside of the assistant band director who was taught in high school by the band director) marched under Chief so I
think a return to the Valley of the 90s is eminent. Just have to work on getting those numbers back up to a respectable size

When you say "return to the Valley of the 90s", do you mean to that military-style marching band?

Seeing the Human Jukebox appear in the Lizzo music video, become the first marching band to perform halftime at the Lakers' game, and of course march in the Tournament of Roses Parade.

JSU has had two better COMPLETE seasons than SU 2018 and 2019....... SU had a smoother season this past year following all that post haymer drama, and gave the boom an L at boombox, but i'm not excusing what I heard at FAMU or taking half the year off when it's not JSU or Dega during parade season or crankfest. I need SU to get back to standards of it don't matter who in front of us, we cranking on em. Props to SU on representing the SWAC in Cali at the Rose bowl parade.... you've restored honor to SWAC bands after alabama s..... nvm lets forget that. Honorable mentions Gram , they made bayou BAYOU again... stay consistent Gram.

JSU has had two better COMPLETE seasons than SU 2018 and 2019....... SU had a smoother season this past year following all that post haymer drama, and gave the boom an L at boombox, but i'm not excusing what I heard at FAMU or taking half the year off when it's not JSU or Dega during parade season or crankfest. I need SU to get back to standards of it don't matter who in front of us, we cranking on em. Props to SU on representing the SWAC in Cali at the Rose bowl parade.... you've restored honor to SWAC bands after alabama s..... nvm lets forget that. Honorable mentions Gram , they made bayou BAYOU again... stay consistent Gram.

When y’all get an invite to Cali then talk ish chump

Back