What I miss about Soul Train...,


BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
The lighted skinned brother with the shades and hat that would always get everybody hyped......,

The Asian dancer with the long hair.......,

The Que.......,

Whomever it was that used to dress up in a costume all the time (Batman, Popye, Spiderman, etc.).....,

Rosie Perez (well all should did was wear her miniskirts and do the same dance every week, but it made her the rich oscar nominated actor, and choreographer that she is today)....,

The Michael Jackson lookalike/dancealike...,

The black commercials (sulfur 8, afro-sheen, classy curl, etc.)....,

The soul train scramble board....,

And of course the Soul Train Line....,


Love, Peace and Soul..........,
 

SLT

Active Member
The girl who did the robot with the flower in her mouth.

When Don Cornelius would say at he end,"We wish you Peace, Love," and the dancers would all yell, "SOUL!!
 

pbla

Focus
SLT said:
The girl who did the robot with the flower in her mouth.

When Don Cornelius would say at he end,"We wish you Peace, Love," and the dancers would all yell, "SOUL!!
:bowdown:
 

Jag-Tig

Member
BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
The lighted skinned brother with the shades and hat that would always get everybody hyped......,

The Asian dancer with the long hair.......,

The Que.......,

Whomever it was that used to dress up in a costume all the time (Batman, Popye, Spiderman, etc.).....,

Rosie Perez (well all should did was wear her miniskirts and do the same dance every week, but it made her the rich oscar nominated actor, and choreographer that she is today)....,

The Michael Jackson lookalike/dancealike...,

The black commercials (sulfur 8, afro-sheen, classy curl, etc.)....,

The soul train scramble board....,

And of course the Soul Train Line....,


Love, Peace and Soul..........,
Yes indeed!

That stuff they have on now shouldn't even be called Soul Train.

Wasn't the original song by Sounds of Philadelphia? Or was that the record label? I used to have the 45 of the theme song...

It was a long time before I realize that the folks already knew the answer to the Scramble Board. :confused:

Wonder where that Asian girl is now and how old she is. They need to do a Soul Train reunion. Even though they lip-sync to the records, it was the only place we could see our favorite singers perform on tv. That's a shame. That's why it was so popular back then. I'm surprised it's still on now.

Yeah, soon as I yelled SOUL!! I knew it was time to get started on the Saturday afternoon chores...
 

SLT

Active Member
Jag-Tig said:
Yeah, soon as I yelled SOUL!! I knew it was time to get started on the Saturday afternoon chores...
Saturday afternoon?

Wasn't it night for us, pbla? Was it Friday or Saturday night?
 

AAMU Alum

Active Member
Jag-Tig said:
Wasn't the original song by Sounds of Philadelphia? Or was that the record label? I used to have the 45 of the theme song...


I think it was The Three Degrees (the female vocalists) who were out of Philadelphia, and then The Soul Train Gang (who performed the disco version.) But the song was on the Philadelphia International Records label.
 

Panther88

Banned
*sigh*

The good old days. I always wanted to be on Soul Train. Every since I saw "Sweetness" doing his thang on there. :tup: :bawling: I liked the original version of the song by TSOP (The Sounds Of Philadelphia), but O'Bryan's version was tighter than tight to me too! :tup: (reminds me of high school)

That hot mess that they put together today, man.... :shame:
 
Top