What Happens When You Drink a Gallon of Water a Day?

Olde Hornet

Here’s how it went.

Day 1: I’m peeing every 15 minutes. How in the hell am I supposed to get anything done?

Day 2: I did not think it was physically possible to pee more than I did yesterday (21 times), yet here we are, 23 times. Additional instances of bodily rebellion include an afternoon of mild nausea and a slight headache.

Day 4: I didn’t feel like a 70-year-old woman when I got out of bed this morning. I deep-cleaned my house with the stamina of an old-school Disney princess. Is water the magical cure for the generalized fatigue my doctor insists is not a real thing?

Day 5: Yes! Water is life! I no longer hobble into my day with my feet and spine curled up like dry leaves. I thought this experiment would be miserable, but I totally get it now. (Though to be clear, water—even filtered water—still tastes disgusting without flavor enhancements.)

That's a lot of water to drink per day. I couldn't do it. I need some flavor in my life.

I've never understood why folks say water taste nasty. I love water. Water is one of those habits we need to start as kids. Water flushes the toxic waste out of our bodies. It's good for everything. Your skin, body, mind and sex life.
I love it. Water is the best drink.

Back