What do you stand on, motivates you or keeps you going?

Good inspiring topic Cee- thanks for posting!

My faith in God, knowing that I have a purpose in this world, and my supportive/praying family and friends. The most impactful thing that keeps me going is from the experience of watching my sister slowly pass away from cancer when I was in highschool. She was dedicated to her education, finishing JSU in 3 years then headed to Ole Miss for pharmacy school, which she finished, but God called her home a week before she graduated. The last conversation we had was about making sure that I did everything in my life through faith in God, dedication, passion, and purpose. I have tried to do my best to live by those four things since that day. People say I am too serious for my age, but I just understand that what I am doing at any given moment is much bigger than myself and that we each only have a limited amount of (unknown) time to fulfill our purpose and enjoy life on earth. I strive to do both daily.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhh JH, I didn't know who "God" was @ age 3-5 and for damned sure wasn't thinking about a funky wife @ that age either - up to this very second on the wifey deal lol... but I can damned for sure tell you who Ollie Sr was. :| His eyes, his grey hair, his rough hands, his arthretic knuckles, his lil' skinny legs lol, his height, his weight, what he smelled like as he only used lye soap :read: - non perfume :read:, his clothes he wore (I still wear a pair of his shoes from the 1920s that I recently had re-soled), how phonetic his voice was, some of those old knee-grow songs - a few - I can still recant and sang from time to time when I do physical labor about the properties, how he spoke of being taken from his mother as a pre-teen and never knowing who his father was :(, having a noose around his neck twice, being held down by numerous white men to be castrated stripped naked as a teenager because those in "town" thought he was looking @ a white woman, having to travel on a train from town to town that were only 30 miles or so apart, ... all that. THAT is what motivate(s/d) me. I wasn't born or lived a majority of my life w/ a "wife" in mind so I could never EVER give any accolades to any one of those things. The truth hurts me. lol

This is some real shit right here!!!

I feel what you're saying, but in the defense of religion, it is not a guarantee of success or failure. I think someone just haven't received their due.

I know religion does not guarantee success or failure, but why does all these cut throat mofos seem to always make it to the top? I mean dang, sometimes this Christian thing and work place just doesn't mesh. I mean I'm here trying to walk this walk, but cats are undercutting, lying, cheating, and doing what ever to move up and are moving up. Sometimes I feel like I'm showing up for a NASCAR race in a Pinto.

This scripture below is real.

Psalm 73
1 Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong.
5 They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills.
6 Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence.
7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity; their evil imaginations have no limits.
8 They scoff, and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression.
9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth.
10 Therefore their people turn to them and drink up waters in abundance.
11 They say, “How would God know? Does the Most High know anything?”
12 This is what the wicked are like— always free of care, they go on amassing wealth.
13 Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure and have washed my hands in innocence.
14 All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments.
15 If I had spoken out like that, I would have betrayed your children.
16 When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.
18 Surely you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin.
19 How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors!
20 They are like a dream when one awakes; when you arise, Lord, you will despise them as fantasies.
21 When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

Last edited:
Styles, I have learned quickly that being nice gets you no work in the workplace.... I know plenty of nice secretary's and azzhole VP's and CEO's.

Styles,

Here are your answers, bro from Psalm 73:

And here as well:

Psalms 2:4-9 "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. {5} Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. {6} Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. {7} I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. {8} Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. {9} Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."

And here:

(Matthew 12:36-37 KJV) "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. {37} For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV) "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
20 They are like a dream when one awakes; when you arise, Lord, you will despise them as fantasies.

Bottom line is that those people might be getting ahead by doing wrong, but in the end (if they don't repent) will get their just rewards. And it ain't going to be pretty for them either.

True.

"They have their reward."

That's why I always say never compare yourself to other people. Only compare yourself to the best you can do. Do your very best in whatever you do and the rest is up to God.

Man plants, but God provides the increase. Whatever the result is, be thankful and praise Him by continuing to be faithful and giving your very best.

As Job said ... the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

I know religion does not guarantee success or failure, but why does all these cut throat mofos seem to always make it to the top? I mean dang, sometimes this Christian thing and work place just doesn't mesh. I mean I'm here trying to walk this walk, but cats are undercutting, lying, cheating, and doing what ever to move up and are moving up. Sometimes I feel like I'm showing up for a NASCAR race in a Pinto.

This scripture below is real.

Psalm 73
1 Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong.
5 They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills.
6 Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence.
7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity; their evil imaginations have no limits.
8 They scoff, and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression.
9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth.
10 Therefore their people turn to them and drink up waters in abundance.
11 They say, “How would God know? Does the Most High know anything?”
12 This is what the wicked are like— always free of care, they go on amassing wealth.
13 Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure and have washed my hands in innocence.
14 All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments.
15 If I had spoken out like that, I would have betrayed your children.
21 When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

Because they did exactly what you called them in order to get to the top....they cut a lot of throats. Their reward will be limited and they will have a long, hard fall for doing so. Don't ever be envious of that.

Styles, I was going to quote this particular scripture to you yesterday, but it seems you already a step ahead of me. This is so very true; keep on going into the sanctuary and keep on asking God to be your strength and refuge.

And don't ever forget......a break through is on the other side of a break down. Don't ever give up on God.

Last edited:
Back