What band will shake up the SWAC in the Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by s phi s

As far as us being FAMU (minus BOX and Foxes)....I would have expected a statement like that from a younger cat (but then I gotta look at who I'm talking to). Other than the uniforms, our comparison to FAMU is ridiculous. What do we do like FAMU???

Let's start with the drum majors.. (no comparison...riiight)

What about them??? They don't bear a resemblance to FAMU other than the uniform (which is a shaky resemblance at best). They don't dance, march, or direct like them. So what are you saying?

C'mon old school. You gotta do better than that.

To be real I don't see FAMU in PV if I had to choose any band in the SWAC it would be JSU. Man I saw your picture from the commercial of Cartoon Network that was trying to be funny or anything like that. Well it wasn't and by the way I didn't know tat you all played from some Grocery Store. Hmmm. . . let me think cartoon network or grocery store tough decision. You talking about us dancing for the white people well those white people are the same ones that run the counrty and keep our HBCU's open. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And it that means I gotta shake my arse for some white people I will. It is because of GSU shaking their arse in the past that enabled you to play for Albertsons, FAMU to play in the Olympics, Tex. South. to go to Japan, and other bands accomplishments. True enough we might not be as nice as we use to be but ay No one stays on top forever. So ay how about this we settle it this fall.

Originally posted by World Famed
To be real I don't see FAMU in PV if I had to choose any band in the SWAC it would be JSU. Man I saw your picture from the commercial of Cartoon Network that was trying to be funny or anything like that. Well it wasn't and by the way I didn't know tat you all played from some Grocery Store. Hmmm. . . let me think cartoon network or grocery store tough decision. You talking about us dancing for the white people well those white people are the same ones that run the counrty and keep our HBCU's open. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And it that means I gotta shake my arse for some white people I will. It is because of GSU shaking their arse in the past that enabled you to play for Albertsons, FAMU to play in the Olympics, Tex. South. to go to Japan, and other bands accomplishments. True enough we might not be as nice as we use to be but ay No one stays on top forever. So ay how about this we settle it this fall.

The past. That ain't what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about the way you sound now. Not how you dance now. Not what commercials you have done. Not where you have been in the past. I am talking about the sound that comes out of your instruments NOW. Everybody knows what Grambling has done in the past. In the past, they actually were a band I could listen to without cringing at every note they play. Yeah we played at Albertson's. SO WHAT?!?!?!?! We also did the same inauguration parade for the President that you did in 2000, but that is systematically thrown out the window so I can praise GSU???? L naw!!!! Get off your high horse and realize that YOUR BAND SOUNDS BAD!!! Will it change? I sure hope so.

So you go sell your musical soul for a pat on the back from Dwight Mann. That does NOT make you a good sounding band.

NOW FOR THE LOVE OF THE SWAC, WILL SOMEBODY EITHER ADDRESS THE ISSUE THAT I BROUGHT UP, OR JUST STOP RESPONDING PERIOD. I'm not talking about your commercials, performances, appearances, dances, etc. I don't give a flying flip about NONE of that. Denial is a bad thing.

If you don't get help at Charter.....

S Phi S we will sound better an therefore we are going to SHAKE UP the SWAC. The same way UAPB we are going to shake things up fareal.

S PHI S LIKE I EARLIER GRAM KNOWS AND EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS THAT GRAM SOUND WASN'T LIKE IT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE PAST COUPLE YEARS I GIVE YOU THAT. THAT'S THE PAST IF YOU KEEP SAYING WE ARE BRINGING THINGS UP IN THE PAST SO LAST SEASON AND THE PREVIOUS YEARS ARE IN THE PAST TO. COME AUGUST 1ST THE SOUND WILL BE 100 TIMES BETTER, THAT IS A FACT.

I don't have anything else to add. I will just say that I refuse to get on here and trash another band. I just like friendly competition so break a leg to everyone. By the way I want to apologize to s phi s and to solophone96. I made a statement about the mini-man move that was not accurate. It has come to my attention that it was the latest dance of that day so, seeing Grambling do it first made me think they created it. Therefore, I will retract that statement.

... simple mistake i was in the 6th grade in '91 so it really doesn't matter who did it first. As long as it was tight when ya'll did it then, when TxSU did it in '94, when we did it in '97 and when BBC did it in Drumline none of us should trip about who did it when.

YACK of MY SIZZACS shut your batch arse up....

PV looks like FAMU, you fugging idiot, you know nothing about BANDS...NOTHING!!!!!!!!

BRAIN WASHED.......You act like you have a boyfriend that attends GSU, the way you always swinging from the YACK of their SACKS.

Try what Nick Cannon, and Orlando Jones said on a TV show "PHAT PHAT and ALL of THAT" ...
They said they really wished SU would have participated in the movie.....Then the host asked what they thought about GSU in the BOTB "Bayou Classic"...After they laughed for a good 2 minutes.....They said 99.9% of the battle went to SU.....You don't believe me call the producers here in New Orleans of "PHAT PHAT AND ALL OF THAT" and ask for yourself.....they are affiliated with Q93.....

Man look this isht is DEAD.....

Who ever said GSU ain't as bad as people make them out to be...
you are right..........THEY ARE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To put everyone else back on the subject, I'm going to say,

UAPB,SU,JSU, will be the forces to reckon with.
Point black

GBNF
D.G. Steezo

its hard to say im going with..pv uapb..su..jsu

but my darkhorses are..aamu..txsu and bama st

AAMU, Bama St, PV, and PB will shake somethings up in the SWAC. I feel that JSU and Southern have been shaking the tree for a while now. The other 4 bands will be joining them.....

I would say TxSO, but as far as thier arrangements and book size, puts them below the SWAC bar. The power is there, but elementry arrangements and playing the same songs for the past 7 years is not cutting it.......

Valley will be Valley....

Grambling will still dance and sound outta tune.....

Alcorn will step it up in numbers, but will the heart and drive from 95 and 99 be back??

Onlytime will tell brothers......:D :eek2:

LIKE YOU JUST SAID ONLY TIME WILL TELL, DAMN. STOP PUTTING BANDS DOWN. YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN AND REALLY IF YOUR BAND IS JUST COMING IN THE PICTURE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY.

Originally posted by usa today
LIKE YOU JUST SAID ONLY TIME WILL TELL, DAMN. STOP PUTTING BANDS DOWN. YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN AND REALLY IF YOUR BAND IS JUST COMING IN THE PICTURE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY.

GRAMBLING....

DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back