What are your thoughts on the movie 'Harriet'?

buckwheat1911

I thought it was just ok? Some of the things in the movie were Hollywoodized. I liked that they showed Harriet as fearless.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I thought it was just ok? Some of the things in the movie were Hollywoodized. I liked that they showed Harriet as fearless.

I finally saw it this past Tuesday. I liked how the movie stayed focused on Harriet and her heroism, and yes she was fearless. I believe an opportunity was missed to use more minutes showing her commanding former enslaved troops into battle against confederates during the Civil War. I also noticed that the atrocities of slavery were down played a bit. Obviously, so white movie-goers would feel more comfortable while watching it.

I finally saw it this past Tuesday. I liked how the movie stayed focused on Harriet and her heroism, and yes she was fearless. I believe an opportunity was missed to use more minutes showing her commanding former enslaved troops into battle against confederates during the Civil War. I also noticed that the atrocities of slavery were down played a bit. Obviously, so white movie-goers would feel more comfortable while watching it.
Have not seen it yet. Might go this evening.

117032571_4497320906959692_3405661803947849637_n.jpg

Back