"What are YOU working for?????"

Panther88

Banned
More specifically, <b>"Are you living to work or living to work????"</b> :confused:

That's the question that my former tech mentor posed to me during my first year in the corp world. He noted how enthused I was to be @ work and how I voluntarily gave the corp MOST of my free time and work/career advancement, pretty much, was my whole life. Voluntary overtime on a project that didn't request or need it from day one. :shame: (co-workers began to complain to the mgr that I was requesting meetings on Friday nights/Saturdays/Sundays/etc... :shame: )

Do you all "treat" yourself after working all of those hard/long hours throughout the year? What prompted this question is that some of my boyz denied their need :rolleyes: to travel to the caribbean for a 4day-3night dealio. The pkg is cheaper (to me) than "L" and these jokers said "Nah mane... :smh: I can't fork over that amount of $$$$$$$". Busters! :mad:

I make it a priority to treat myself as often as possible. If you don't do it, then who will? :confused: What's your take? Are you working to live or living to work? :shame:

Oh, I make it a priority (mandatory) to pay Foo-Mang-Yang to rub on my feet and hands (pedicure and manicure) once a month and I pay LaQuita some $$$ to let me rub on her behind and tits @ one of the local topless bars.
Once a month of course. ;)
:lmao:

Work to live

I totally agree with you, Panthro. Too many people turn over their lives to a corporation that doesn't truly care for them. I care enough about my job to do it well, but I'm not going to be that guy who busts his arse for no reason any longer. Thus, I treat myself as often as possible by hanging out or trying new things, etc.

I've witnessed a lot of people falling off the deep end after dedicating their entire livelihood to the "corp" only to have their faces cracked when the "corp" views them as an expendable and replaceable "resource." (which we are)

Those 3 suicides on-site @ Bell w/in my first 2 years woke my azz up pretty quick. :smh:

Work to live here. I'm not trying to get rich. Just be comfortable and enjoy life along the way. :)

In response to the question of the topic, I am working for my family...wife, son(16), daughter(14). The wife is at midlife and the children have some projected needs for higher education in the next few years. When those are satisfied, I will have much more flexibility.

I am working with my husband for our family. Yes, vacations are a necessity. Time away from the every day grind is important. In fact, when I leave work I don't even think about this until the clock rings the next morning.... However, if something catastrophic occurs or if there is a VERY pressing issue that worked my nerves that particular day, I might mull over it for a moment...because I care about what I do.

What am I working For???

I am on the battlefield for my Lord, For my Lord. Yes
I am on the battlefield for my Lord, For my Lord.
And I promise him that I, I would serve him til I die,

Docmump, Jr.

Originally posted by Panthro
More specifically, <b>"Are you living to work or living to work????"</b> :confused:
What prompted this question is that some of my boyz denied their need :rolleyes: to travel to the caribbean for a 4day-3night dealio. The pkg is cheaper (to me) than "L"

What's the deal on that package?

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
P~,

Maybe your boys couldn't afford the Caribbean trip...ever thought about that one?

:mad:
It's <b>all expense paid (air fare-round trip to/fro Florida and the cabin on the boat)</b>. That's inexcusable. <b>Spending change and time are all that was needed</b>. Totally inexcusable. :mad: Bustas! :mad:

Work is Bibical based.

In the world of work one must understand the system. Once you figure out the system, then success will follow. Work is described in the good book. I cannot recall the passage, but I know a Minister can tell us where it is.

By the way one's life should parallel their work. I am still working on my own self developed 20-20-20 plan. Eight more is promised therefore, I retired early so I could start on the last twenty.

:mad:
It's <b>all expense paid (air fare-round trip to/fro Florida and the cabin on the boat)</b>. That's inexcusable. <b>Spending change and time are all that was needed</b>. Totally inexcusable. :mad: Bustas! :mad:

Sounds like a winner to me, should have called me...hell, I would have gone with ya.

I work to live. I try to do very little over time because I'd rather be home with my wife and boys that slaving with a "baby Bell" trying to paid.

Re: What am I working For???

Originally posted by docmump
I am on the battlefield for my Lord, For my Lord. Yes
And I promise him that I, I would serve him til I die,

Docmump, Jr.

Doc, those are some nice pic's of your boy and family.

Re: Re: What am I working For???

Originally posted by cat daddy

Doc, those are some nice pic's of your boy and family.

Thank you.... Camera by Cannon. It's The Rebel 2000.
:):)

I make it a priority to treat myself as often as possible. If you don't do it, then who will? :confused: What's your take? Are you working to live or living to work? :shame:
:topic: You should have posted that trip info right here! I am quite sure the plane would have been full!

I am working for enlightment of women-those that have chosen paths that are demeaning to their self-esteem and make them feel unvalued.

I am working for my kids and future

I am working for a Harley Davidson 2002 VRSCA VROD

I am working to my own home

But I LIVE every single day. That means letting work stay at work, enjoying my side business, watching the sunrise, traveling, laughing, getting to know people, listening to underground music, having great convos with my mama, and a whole lot of other stuff. If its stress free, I want to try it.

Work to live here. I'm not trying to get rich. Just be comfortable and enjoy life along the way. :)

Now, this is the key. You'll never get rich working for the "corp" anyway, so relax and enjoy everything. Work and Life. :lecture:

Back