What a world we live in. My job switched me from salary to hourly.

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
My job switched me from Salary to Hourly. Now I'm getting over time. I work in IT support, still nervous since I work for a bank and they are crooks. They did this to alot of us low ranking employees. Thing is, I had a low officer title (which is now gone) but I'm making VP $$$. One Friday, I will be getting the first check with OT (1.5).

The story that I was told is that there were PLENTY of law suits of salary employees WINNING suits about being salary and always working more than 40 hours a week. Manager said it's not something Citigroup wanted to do it's something they were FORCED to do.

They didn't convert everyone, just us people with low ranking officer titles.

One negative just surfaced. Gov took half the money in taxes.

Last edited:
The story that I was told is that there were PLENTY of law suits of salary employees WINNING suits about being salary and always working more than 40 hours a week. Manager said it's not something Citigroup wanted to do it's something they were FORCED to do.

Will you get the same benefits as before?

you mean half the overtime money?

I used to work at a bank. I got out and started working for the government. Private industry can make moves like that,it's unfair. How many years you have vested in your company?

I'm up working... this is all OT which means. I'm stacking that paper like Romney.

Just finished the issue. OT from 11:30 pm until 9am. Now I have to put in 8 hours to make the issue OT.

The fix, I HP onsite guy put the HBA's (disk controllers) in the wrong slots (A was in B.....B was in A). This issue started at 3pm yesterday. My co-worker has 20 hours of overtime if he doesn't sleep. I only have 11 + plus hours.

I just looked at the checkstub with includes 24 hours of 1.5 hours. DAMNNNNNNN!!!!

I see what people lawsuits were filled.

Back