#WeWantToPlay is Proof of How Mentally Immature Some Athletes Are

The Founder

I recently ran across an article with the hashtag of #WeWantToPlay and reading the athlete's reasoning as to why they want to play truly showed me how mentally immature some players are. Football is a contact sport and colleges cannot afford to place their players in a bubble and force them to confine themselves in a living area where they are almost to access to the public. As I have told my teenage son "what you want is not what you will always get because your decision making strength is based off of what we supply and what we deem as safe."

Right now it is not safe to play any sports. Reason 1....COVID19 may not be a death sentence but people are dying.... Reason 2....how COVID19 is transmitted.... Reason 3....as research emerges how COVID19 affects the body getting infected by COVID19 could end a football career. Reason 4....don't listen to politicians listen to the science....

The reasons could go on and on....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
18-to-22 year-olds want to play the sport they loved? Shocked. Absolutely shocked.

My son has been playing football since Pre School and his maturity level is higher than these idiots. His response "I know not playing high schhool football may hurt my recruitment since it is my senior year but if I have choice between my life and playing football...I choose my life."

He said this on a KNOE News high school sports interview which should be airing some time this week.

In short there are a lot of things we love but have to give up for our health.

Its tough getting off the plantation,especially when you dont value yourself.

Eh.

There are athletes at all levels of sports who still desire to play (and have played) during this time. That doesn't mean they don't value themselves or have a planation mentality. They just want to participate in an activity they love to do.

We can't look at this entire situation as a measure of someone's morality either way. Nuance has to be applied. Nobody is more virtuous for choosing not to play. No one is unscrupulous for having a desire to do so.

We really gotta check our privilege with some of these comments.

Because at the end of the day if we were really concerned, we'd demand human beings not even play football KNOWING what damage it does to the body. But too many of us actually see value in it for that to happen.

Eh.

There are athletes at all levels of sports who still desire to play (and have played) during this time. That doesn't mean they don't value themselves or have a planation mentality. They just want to participate in an activity they love to do.

We can't look at this entire situation as a measure of someone's morality either way. Nuance has to be applied. Nobody is more virtuous for choosing not to play. No one is unscrupulous for having a desire to do so.

We really gotta check our privilege with some of these comments.

Because at the end of the day if we were really concerned, we'd demand human beings not even play football KNOWING what damage it does to the body. But too many of us actually see value in it for that to happen.

Dude COVID19 is killing people. It has nothing to do with morale....privilege...etc.....these players are pushing to play because of lack of guidance and those guiding them push for money....money that they refuse to pay the players for.

Yes football does damage to the body and your point is well taken but there are number of protections provided to players. What protections can be provided to minimize the infection of COVID19? Yes these protections are not 100% but they can't even provide a 1% chance that players won't be infected.

Dude COVID19 is killing people. It has nothing to do with morale....privilege...etc.....these players are pushing to play because of lack of guidance and those guiding them push for money....money that they refuse to pay the players for.

Yes football does damage to the body and your point is well taken but there are number of protections provided to players. What protections can be provided to minimize the infection of COVID19? Yes these protections are not 100% but they can't even provide a 1% chance that players won't be infected.

Nobody is denying that COVID is killing people or isn't a great concern. My point is that we gotta stop punching down on these kids.

Of course, they want to play. They shouldn't be degraded for that when there have been a whole bunch of young people have been playing sports during these last few months, too. Many members of this board have kids involved in summer sports. They are involved in travel ball and community leagues. Do they have a plantation mentality? Are they uniquely immature?

Unless you're going to stay in the house until the pandemic is over, EVERYTHING you do is going to be risky.

None of these decisions are easy ones for everybody. Ain't none of it black and white. There are going to be consequences regardless of what's decided.

We've all been put in a shitty situation with the virus and how it's been handled by leaders of this country.

I'm more pissed at that reality than college kids.

People who want to risk the lives of their kids and the kids who want to risk their lives should be allowed to do that. Stop holding people hands and let them have the Herman Cain results.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Nobody is denying that COVID is killing people or isn't a great concern. My point is that we gotta stop punching down on these kids.

Of course, they want to play. They shouldn't be degraded for that when there have been a whole bunch of young people have been playing sports during these last few months, too. Many members of this board have kids involved in summer sports. They are involved in travel ball and community leagues. Do they have a plantation mentality? Are they uniquely immature?

Unless you're going to stay in the house until the pandemic is over, EVERYTHING you do is going to be risky.

None of these decisions are easy ones for everybody. Ain't none of it black and white. There are going to be consequences regardless of what's decided.

We've all been put in a shitty situation with the virus and how it's been handled by leaders of this country.

I'm more pissed at that reality than college kids.

An inflammation of the heart called myocarditis has been discovered in at least 5 Big Ten athletes and among several others in other conferences, ESPN reports.

An inflammation of the heart called myocarditis has been discovered in at least 5 Big Ten athletes and among several others in other conferences, ESPN reports.
You do realize people who aren’t athletes have suffered cardiac issues from COVID, right?

You do realize people who aren’t athletes have suffered cardiac issues from COVID, right?

Yes, but the conferences and universities will end up in court when something happens to those athletes. Lawyers are ready to go after those deep pockets. Those athletes could have long term or severe damage if its not detected and they are not removed from team. They are kids, its up to the adults to make the smart and right decision

Yes, but the conferences and universities will end up in court when something happens to those athletes. Lawyers are ready to go after those deep pockets. Those athletes could have long term or severe damage if its not detected and they are not removed from team. They are kids, its up to the adults to make the smart and right decision

Say it again for the folks in the back.

There is a difference between going to the store for supplies and getting it versus going to play football and getting it.
One for most they have to do.

And let those kids play and when it's nothing but black kids dying-I don't want hear the fake woke network and black lives don't matter or Shaun King BYTCH. Yall wanted them playing.
Because it's not YOUR kid out there.
It's not YOUR kid at that college.
Same mess we are dealing with in the schools-not my Kid or Family member there-who cares.

Back