We've lost a Great One... RIP Prof Edwards!

I just received word that the Prof Edwards, Director of Bands at Prairie View A&M University, passed away today due to complications from a recent car accident. Keep his family, staff, and former students in your prayers...

AEA, Brother Edwards. Keep striving through eternity!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Wow. I am so sorry to hear about this. May he rest in peace and me the Lord cover and comfort his family and loved ones.

Damn i had a feeling something was going on, all my frat brothers sad at PV! Sorry for the loss PV, prayers up!

wooow. omg. man, this is sad news. the pvu family and the edwards family will be in my prayers. i'll remember him as an individual who truly had a love for his vocation and you could see it. genuine class act guy. he will be missed.

Ouch this one really hurt. i still can not believe it,really speechless.if ne1 gets all the info. on the wake or the funeral please ler me know i would like to say goodbye to some1 i really cared about.:cry:

STAY UP PV
B.O.X. 4ever

prof1-150x150.jpg

REST IN PEACE PROFFESSOR GEORGE EDWARDS

DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST DAY YOU CRABBED?
I TOOK PRIDE IN THE FIRST DAY THAT YOU CRABBED.
WELCOME TO THE PRAIRIE VIEW A & M MARCHING BAND IS WHAT I SAID
I AM PROFESSOR GEORGE EDWARDS AND THESE ARE MY OLD HEADS

REMEMBER THE FIRST GAME THAT YOU MARCHED
THE DRUM MAJORS BLEW THE WHISTLE AND HALFTIME STARTED
IT WAS THE LABOR DAY CLASSIC, TEXAS SOUTHERN VS. PRAIRIE VIEW
I WAS SO HAPPY AND PROUD OF YOU.

REMEMBER THE BAND TRIPS AND HOW MUCH FUN WE HAD?
REMEMEBER THE PILLOW FIGHT WHEN I GOT HIT BY PAT?
I HAVE A LOT OF MEMORIES ABOUT EACHONE OF YOU
AND FOR EACHONE OF MY MEMORIES I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TWO.

CHOP CHOP CHIEF, IS WHAT I LIKED TO SAY
I WANT TO SEE YOUR KNEES TO YOUR LIPS WHILE MARCHING IN PLACE .
STRAIGHTEN THAT LINE AND BACK TO THE HOLE
THESE WERE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT YOU WERE TOLD.

THOSE WERE SOME GOOD TIMES, AND THESE MAY SEEM BAD,
BUT THE BEST TIMES WERE THE ONES THAT WE HAD
FOR ASHES TO ASHES AND DUST TO DUST, HE TOOK ME HOME SO IN GOD I TRUST
THAT HE KNOWS WHAT’S BEST FOR ME SO MY GOING AWAY WAS A MUST

SO WEEP NO MORE AND SMILE AGAIN
BECAUSE I WILL ALWAYS BE WITHIN,
YOUR HEART, YOUR MIND, AND YOUR MEMORIES
THAT’S BECAUSE YOU WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER ME

FOREVER KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU SO,
CAUSE I’LL BE WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.
SO REMEMBER TO SMILE AND DON’T BE SAD
AND CHERISH ALL THE GOOD TIMES THAT WE HAD

REST IN PEACE PROF. ED WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

‘SKIP’ (Author)​

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Prof got in my shat one time...for not coming to practice......one time is all it took....I will miss that kat......

Condolences to the Edwards Family, the PV Family and all of those who were touched by Prof. Edwards.
May God Bless and keep you all, in this, your time of bereavement.

A mentor, leader, father figure, and a great inspiration to many. He touched lives that were not even in the band. When my mother was gravely ill, prof took major concern for me and my family. And he looked out for me. That was the type of person he was. And when she recovered, he celebrated with joy with me as though he was my father. A great man!

And now to see this happen so soon, I am at a lost. Prof will be missed!

A small man in stature made the waters move and the winds roar.

Bless him and his loved ones.
:(

Marching STORM family unite.

Corey Wilson
Mellophone Crab '98

I still am at a loss to explain the emotions running through me right now. This man turned a shy kid with potential into a confident man with the tools to succeed in my profession of choice.

I still can't believe I will never again hear him say "BANNNNNNND.....Uh-Teeeeeeeee-HUPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!", or "An out of tune note is a wrong note", or "LINE BY LINE!!!" or "Somebody call security", or "I don't wanna see NObody wipin sweat or swattin ma'skeetas. You are on their turf, and they were here first!!!"

Man I could go on for days. Taking Music Theory III & IV from him was a gift and a curse. Don't EVER miss class and show up to band practice. Don't happen to be in the restroom when he comes in. "Uh, chief, spell me a French Sixth in F...TOO SLOW...What's ya name? See you didn't even have to think about it to answer. That's how you should know your music!!!"

Read this article, and make sure you watch the video below that accompanied the article. REALLY well done, and truly embodies the experience. Kudos to the New York Times.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/08/arts/music/08band.html
<object width="425" height="344">
<param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?&width=318&height=228&flashID=bc_articlePlayer&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&publisherID=1749339200&isVid=true&wmode=transparent&playerID=1803302902&%40videoPlayer=ref%3A1194817120698">
</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
</param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
</param><embed src=http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?&width=318&height=228&flashID=bc_articlePlayer&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&publisherID=1749339200&isVid=true&wmode=transparent&playerID=1803302902&%40videoPlayer=ref%3A1194817120698>
</embed></object>

Last edited:
Storm members from the mid 90's to early 2000's know this song. I listened to it, and could do nothing but smile.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3247397568-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=http://dl040.zshare.net/stream/58630ef23993af7156b699f8a2e3cadd/1243615672/60681014/04%20-%20Something%20Inside%20So%20Strong.mp3" width="400" height="27" allowscriptaccess="never" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" wmode="window" flashvars="playerMode=embedded" />

Back