Well Woman Exam

kbSU89

I am putting this here because you may have a wife, girlfriend, etc..

How many of you heard that an annual pap smear is no longer required?:retard:I had a partial hysterectomy in 2001 and my doctor stated that I am not required to take the pap smear anymore? She stated it really does not detect cancer or other female problems.

I went in today for my annual and my doctor stated the same thing that it is no longer needed, unless the patient really wants one or the doctor feels it is required.

I have had no problems since my surgery and since I am into my 40's I get my regular scheduled exams, just wondering if you heard the same thing?

Hmmmmmmm.... I'll be 40 in 2 yrs. Good to know for when I have a hysterectomy! I do have to wonder though what methods they use to check for cancer and pre-cancerous cells.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Really, now? So what are they doing to detect cancer now-a-days?

My doctor said if cancer runs in your family then the pap is required. Thankfully I don't have cancer on my family side. I really don't know how it is detected, but I just watch my health.

Actually my twin was told she had some pre-cancerous cells, but nothing to worry about. Again I would just check with my doctor and get other opinions. I had more than one doctor's opinion on this because I don't mess with my health

I had pre-cancerous cells that showed up while I was pregnant, but they went away, after my biopsy. I prayed about it something serious and they never came back...thank you, JESUS!

I think Imma keep having my paps, though. :uhoh:

Imma keep getting my paps. In a few years, they will come back and say they made a mistake and that we should continue to get them. :rolleyes:

With my luck, I'll stop getting them, and be terminal the next year.

So, I'm just gonna keep my standing appt. with my OB. :nod:

I cannot believe that paps are no longer suggested. It's too cheap, easy and insurance covers it readily. There may be newer methods but doing away with it...I don't see it. Malpractice insurance would shoot through the ceiling for not suggesting a $50 test.

Back