Well, GSU ...

Vinita

Let's Go Lions, GO!
... did Spears save his job today, ya think? I know that games of this magnitude can be VERY important in the big scheme of things ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I still go on a national search however he is still a candidate, because he has earned it...

P.S. Not because he won this game but because he still played 500 ball under all the adversity thathe has had...

President Payton send help! Throw everything you got at Comegy! The key to the city (,,, :rolleyes: ), peanut butter patents, sweet potatoe cloning codes, grand poobah of Lewis Adams and Silver Trial Lodges, 2K acreas of prime deer and quail hunting farm and forrest land like Pat Dye got in northeast Macon county,,,,, anything,, ANYTHING TO KEEP THIS GUY AT TUSKEGEE. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Bartram said:
President Payton send help! Throw everything you got at Comegy! The key to the city (,,, :rolleyes: ), peanut butter patents, sweet potatoe cloning codes, grand poobah of Lewis Adams and Silver Trial Lodges, 2K acreas of prime deer and quail hunting farm and forrest land like Pat Dye got in northeast Macon county,,,,, anything,, ANYTHING TO KEEP THIS GUY AT TUSKEGEE. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Sweet, V and gang, does he stay on in his previous post in which he seemingly did an excellent job?
He will not be the coach. Onw or two more wins and the BC would have saved it for him.
Does he leave G totally?

Vinita said:
... did Spears save his job today, ya think? I know that games of this magnitude can be VERY important in the big scheme of things ...

My question is why GSU didn't perform like this all year. I know they were up for the Classic...and you would think Spears would've reverted to that running game that magically appeared the last games of the season earlier in the season to protect Landers and the young WRs. Was it a matter of injuries/chemistry/coaching?

I don't think the Classic saved Spears' job per se, but it gave him much needed momentum heading into the off-season. Another question is: How long will this 'national search' going to take? Hopefully it's done quickly and correctly so the right person can get into the job without a real major impact on recruiting.

Journalist said:
My question is why GSU didn't perform like this all year. I know they were up for the Classic...and you would think Spears would've reverted to that running game that magically appeared the last games of the season earlier in the season to protect Landers and the young WRs. Was it a matter of injuries/chemistry/coaching?

Speaking as a person who actually conversed with some of the coaches at GSU,... coaching was never truly the problem. They recognized weaknesses and made plans to capitalize. EXECUTION has always been their problem. Talent was there, but roles and responsibilities just weren't clicking. Now this was straight from the horse's mouth....

Things have become so political. We won't know until the annoucement is made. Personally, I would like to see him have at least one more year. Only time can answer your question.

Back