Weight Watchers

Bane

The Vilian
I have three coworker who have been on this since January and have lost over 40 pounds. One dude went from 250 down to 200. I've have never consider this, but very interested after seeing their success.

40 lbs in pure fat or 40 lbs in muscle and fat? Most of these programs are really good transitional programs. The problem becomes sustaining once you leave the program. Its like herbalife. They are effective because they force people to add some form of structure to their diet.

@Popo23 Pure fat. These folks have never worked out a day in their lives. lol. I think they walk, but that's about it.

I have three coworker who have been on this since January and have lost over 40 pounds. One dude went from 250 down to 200. I've have never consider this, but very interested after seeing their success.
Depending on when the dude started, he's lost 10lbs a month. That is a lot to lose monthly.

40 lbs in pure fat or 40 lbs in muscle and fat? Most of these programs are really good transitional programs. The problem becomes sustaining once you leave the program. Its like herbalife. They are effective because they force people to add some form of structure to their diet.
That's the problem with weight loss, keeping it off, and how you lose it and how much you lose plays into a lot. I know there are fitness trainers on this board, who can say more, but losing almost 10lbs a month is too much. I think 5lbs a month is a better and sustainable average.

The problem with these programs is keeping it off. If you don't go to a work out routine the weight will double when it comes back.

So I've lost 10 pounds in two weeks. I hit the gym pretty hard with cardio being my main focus.

All of this stuff just caters to our laziness as a nation.

I've learned more about nutrition and fitness in this past 6 months than I ever knew before. I am now in better shape at age 31 than I was at 25. You don't need all of this complicated mess man. I even got suckered into trying herbalife until I actually read the labels on their stuff and threw all of it in the garbage..

Its really simple.
  • East 5 healthy balanced meals a day.
  • Limit junk food to maybe one snack a week (Outside of some gummy bears while on vacation, I have been junk food free for months).
  • Limit bread consumption to one meal per week.
  • Drink water
  • Work your azz off in the gym.
I have gotten down to around 15% bodyfat for the first time since I played college ball.

So I've lost 10 pounds in two weeks. I hit the gym pretty hard with cardio being my main focus.
So this year, I started these 1000 rep workouts. Them bad boys are a beast and I started seeing results after 2 weeks..

3 days a week, 10 lifts per session and you can do 4x25 or 5x20. 45-90 seconds of rest. I have yet to finish 4x25x225 on squats though. I die on that third set and have to drop down the weight.
I split it like this.

Mon-Legs-lower back,
Wed-Chest, Traps, lats,
Friday-Biceps, Triceps-Shoulders

I do t25 Tues-Thurs-Sat for cardio and core. I will do a light bicep-Tricep workout on Tuesdays after t25 with 25lb dumbbells.

Back