Weight gain vs. Weight loss: Which is harder?

Kendrick

Administrator
Staff member
I, all 175 pounds, have never been confused as heavy, big, big-boned or fat. Slim has been the ticket.

But, almost two years ago, I embarked on a journey to gain weight. I was between 147 and 150 in 2012. I had been struggling to make gains my whole life. No matter how much I ate. Gaining the 12 to 15 pounds over 19 months has been tough, uncomfortable having to consume so much food, protein shakes, weight gainers etc.

Once I reach my goal of 180, I'm going back to eat like a normal person.

I know there are countless stories about to folks struggle to lose weight. But, man, gaining it, especially for people who have had a hard time, isn't easy either.

So, based on personal experience, is it harder gain it or lose it?

Lol.. depends on genetics. Losing is tougher for me. I have actually been pretty much the exact same weight since I got to college... I have stayed in the 240-250 range. Occasionally, I will get down to 230 but haven't made it below that since high school. My biggest weight was 270 but I will never go back to that and I mean, never. I am attempting to get down to 225 right now though.

After I pledged, I was around 200 lbs though. I put weight back on thanks to healthy diet of whey protein.

It depends on body type and a variety of other factors. I'm an ectomorph like you. Hard gainer, but I lose fat easily. Others are the opposite. Building muscle is not as difficult, but losing fat is hard. Most people are probably somewhere in the middle.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html"

Last edited:
Back