weatherization stimulus money

chocalate_topaz

I wanna be your lover...
they keep talking about it...anybody know any real specs??? I see it for the low income...which thankfully, I missed...but heard them saying it will be up to $12,000 stimulus money... Anybody know anything?? Cause I want some of that!

What is it for? Fixing your windows on the house or something? haven't heard anything about it. :noidea:

Can I get the cliff note version? :lol:

At my last job, my boss tried to set up a program in which he would train recent parolees to install solar powered water heaters. He had a company willing to donate six units, and he found 6 low-income volunteer houses. However, when he tried to get some of that money, the paperwork and questions went on for days.....:lol: Nevertheless, that program never took off.

Interesting. I already have solar panels on my house that store solar energy in panels connected to motors that heat up the house. Wonder how this would affect me!

It's only for upgrades, not for preexisting items. If you shop in home improvement stores, some items will describe how they wil get you a tax break. We added a glass front door, and that will get us a tax break. Not a big one, but it counts.

Buying items like tankless water heaters(which I plan to buy on Dec. 31st), energy star applainces, etc. will help.

Back