We can donate money for a church building fund but none for our schools

T

The Panther Fan

just got through reading the Chronicle today and it had a story about a couple who raised over 3 million for a church in a community that has 50-60 churches. (Acres Homes)

The couple has degrees from TSU and PV and took this "vision" from GOD to build a mega church despite not having ebnough people to fill it up.

Since church building funds are as common as rain in Houston, why can't the majority of the same church going folks donate cash to their alma maters? It is the same risk.

Nine times out of 10, you don't know what their doing with your cash at church when it's dropped in the basket. Same with colleges.

In PV's case, if we can find alumnists who can raise this type of cash for a church building that will take years to fill, why not exert this same type of energy to the athletic program?

Raise the money on the side so you can actually watch over the cash and donate it in one lump sum.

Church and College have the same purpose - educate your mind.

The purpose of college is very different from the purpose of church. One trys to help you find a job, the other helps you find/experience Life.

More power to the couple building the church even if no one is filling it yet. If God sent the people to fill it first and then told them to build the church, that would be going backwards, right?

Most of the time when people give to Churches it's because they're led by the Lord to do so. They'd rather give to church than their alma maters because their church doesn't screw them 100 times while they're there.

I was not screwed by my alma mater, their worth a few bucks out of the account.

I'll give to church also.

I'm sure they plan to make a substantial donation to their alma maters once they get their overhead under control and fill up the church. That's a reasonable assumption, don't you think?

I would like to think that but we're waiting for one as I speak.

They could be the alumni that got their degrees and said to hell with school also.

Back