Warren Sapp on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Sapp told the the truth but it doesn't matter..just something to make him feel he still got a 1up on him. It's like a star point guard getting mad a benchrider dates prettier women than him...bs competition lol

Anything to stay relevant in the media. Those guys who aren’t in the spotlight anymore become desperate so down someone with a popular base to feed off that. Sapp would never tighten his helmet so folks could see who he was

I don’t have a problem with what he said. Someone with a little class could have been more tactful, but we all know that isn’t Sapp’s way. The Rock wasn’t great at the U, but he found his niche with raslin’ (as my grandad would say) and is a bonafide action star. If Sapp could find a way to discredit him with that he probably would in a heartbeat.

Here we go with the "hate" talk again.

Keep in mind, it was Rich Eisen who asked Sapp asked about Dewayne Johnson, and Sapp simply responded to his question in only the way that Sapp typically responds. I think Sapp is correct. There are times when Hollywood tends to overblow a person's past accomplishments. Johnson wasn't a star at Miami, but Hollywood wants him to be. But to Johnson's credit, he's been clear that he was never a star at Miami.

I think this is one of those cases where Sapp and Johnson were never tight even when they played together. Sapp ran with this circle of friends. Johnson ran with his. I'd like to think that if they ran into each other somewhere, they'd be cool with each other... dap each other up and keep stepping. I don't think Sapp "hates" Johnson, and I don't think Johnson (with his bags) hates Sapp.

Here we go with the "hate" talk again.

Keep in mind, it was Rich Eisen who asked Sapp asked about Dewayne Johnson, and Sapp simply responded to his question in only the way that Sapp typically responds. I think Sapp is correct. There are times when Hollywood tends to overblow a person's past accomplishments. Johnson wasn't a star at Miami, but Hollywood wants him to be. But to Johnson's credit, he's been clear that he was never a star at Miami.

I think this is one of those cases where Sapp and Johnson were never tight even when they played together. Sapp ran with this circle of friends. Johnson ran with his. I'd like to think that if they ran into each other somewhere, they'd be cool with each other... dap each other up and keep stepping. I don't think Sapp "hates" Johnson, and I don't think Johnson (with his bags) hates Sapp.

True ... there's love because of the U, but dem dudes ain't sending each other Christmas cards either

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
True ... there's love because of the U, but dem dudes ain't sending each other Christmas cards either

Just watch a Miami game during that time - I had to rewind the tape twice just to make sure that was the same person. If he was a dog at Miami during that time we would’ve heard about him.

Bingo

Sapp is a Hall of Famer and can hold that over The Rock who was good enough to make it to that level in college but wasn't a star (then got cut from the CFL) and he admits that but not only was he able to become a borderline Top 5 wrestler all time (as far as total package is conerned) but left wrestling to pursue acting and became the highest grossing actor in Hollywood right now. I think most NFL players would pay to be The Rock right now lol

Just watch a Miami game during that time - I had to rewind the tape twice just to make sure that was the same person. If he was a dog at Miami during that time we would’ve heard about him.

Folks heard of his Dad and that huge family he is linked to from the Usos to Superfly and so on.

We were going to hear about him because the WWE would have HAMMERED that point much like it was with Ron Simmons (mainly at WCW), Shelton, Brock, Jack Swagger and in fact most of the old WWE shows-made it a point to mention who played football. Like Hacksaw, The Anvil, Lex Lugar, Brian Pillman and others.

I think most NFL players would pay to be The Rock right now lol
Less chance of injury and guaranteed money.

Folks heard of his Dad and that huge family he is linked to from the Usos to Superfly and so on.

We were going to hear about him because the WWE would have HAMMERED that point much like it was with Ron Simmons (mainly at WCW), Shelton, Brock, Jack Swagger and in fact most of the old WWE shows-made it a point to mention who played football. Like Hacksaw, The Anvil, Lex Lugar, Brian Pillman and others.

Less chance of injury and guaranteed money.

Yup. Rock came into WWF/E when Jim Ross was over talent. Hyping up a rassler's bonafide athletic credentials is a Bill Watts trait that Jim Ross has carried on. If Rock was that dude at Miami, JR would've hyped it up more ...

Hell, in AEW ... once JR found out Max Caster's dad was former Jackson State standout and Pro Bowler Rich Caster, he mentions that every time Max is out there rasslin' ...

Seems like they don't do it as much in WWE now as when they did when JR was there.

Back