War on Drugs

cat daddy

What are your thoughts on legalizing many drugs that are currently banned substances in the US? I have watched over the years documentaries that give a compelling argument for legalizing drugs such as cocaine, heroin and marijuana.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
One of the reasons to legalize is to take the profit motive out of the drug trade. Many innocent people are dying because the crack head down the block needs to hit a little old lady over the head to get money for his/her hit.

Many crack addicts die because they can't kick the habit. Many babies are born addicted to that isht because their stupid Maw and Paw can't get off the damn drugs.

I guess they can market it like cigarettes. _ _ _!

I am all for the legalization of Marijuana with legitimate controls. Other "hard" drugs can also be legalized but I am not for it. People will continue to do the same stupid azz stuff while under the influence if drugs are legalized.
As stated, the profit motive is the most sensible reason to legalize drugs. There would have to be a lot of isht that needed to be defined and I don't see any of that isht happening in my lifetime.

Originally posted by cat daddy
One of the reasons to legalize is to take the profit motive out of the drug trade. Many innocent people are dying because the crack head down the block needs to hit a little old lady over the head to get money for his/her hit.

I'm sure they'll do what ever they want to do regardless of how we feel about it. If someone wants to use drugs, they'll get it whether it's legalized or not...just as they've always done.

Selling marijuana can't be any worst than selling alcohol or cigarettes. Legalize it!!!!
Cigarettes and alcohol are addictive. They both have their own anonymous groups. What really is the difference.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
Selling marijuana can't be any worst than selling alcohol or cigarettes. Legalize it!!!!
Cigarettes and alcohol are addictive. They both have their own anonymous groups. What really is the difference.

Just like alcohol and cigarettes, we would also be able to tax it.

I say legalized them....why should the governement impose some sort of retriction on something that someone chooses to do to themselves. To take and abuse drugs is a choice.

The word that I would use is decriminalized. In essence the drug would be available but under strict controls. They would be under more controls than cigarettes and alcohol are now. Some who favor decriminalization would favor putting more, albeit not much more, controls over alcohol and cigarettes. An example is what happens in Holland.

But first this society must treat drug abuse as a disease and not just a crime. As other countries have said, the U.S. needs to kick the habit. Until that happens we will have the same problem that we have now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back