Walmart May Remove This Key Area From Its Stores for Good

Olde Hornet

I stopped shopping at the closet walmart because they dont have cashiers in the morning - this will totally end my shopping at walmart. To nasty for me.

The world's largest retailer, Walmart, is seriously considering replacing all of its traditional checkout lanes and workers with self-checkout stations.

The retail giant is conducting a trial run first at a Walmart superstore location in Fayetteville, Arkansas, reports Fox Business. Traditional conveyor belt lanes there are currently being replaced with only self-checkout counters.

The experiment will determine if the DIY approach to scanning and paying for your items at Walmart will be more efficient, faster, and safer for shoppers—especially during the coronavirus pandemic when person-to-person interactions are the riskiest way to spread the virus. (Employees will reportedly still be available to help with self-checkout, though.)

They basically are doing this now. They've installed larger self check out lines on both ends of the stores and have less cashiers in between. I used to always go in thru the garden center and use that cashier since they were usually faster but they closed off that entry due to covid.

They basically are doing this now. They've installed larger self check out lines on both ends of the stores and have less cashiers in between. I used to always go in thru the garden center and use that cashier since they were usually faster but they closed off that entry due to covid.
Good. I prefer self checkout anyway as long as you have enough stations and staff to assist on proof of age purchases
I'll check myself out, but they need to reduce the cost of goods in the store.
But truthfully it's not like they'd be getting rid of that many cashiers. In my local Wallyword, there's barely 3 maybe 4 people working the registers.

I only like self checkout when I'm buying a small number of items. It's sort of a hassle trying to do everything in those small areas.

I use self check out anyway.

Hell one time I scanned over $200 worth of groceries.....once I finished scanning and bagged my groceries I walked out. Didn't pay for shit. I realized it when I was halfway home....did I turn around...NOPE. LOL....I was just scared to go back to that store.

I use self check out anyway.

Hell one time I scanned over $200 worth of groceries.....once I finished scanning and bagged my groceries I walked out. Didn't pay for shit. I realized it when I was halfway home....did I turn around...NOPE. LOL....I was just scared to go back to that store.

They have all those cameras set up in a lot of stores now and when those UPI codes don't go thru and those alarms start going off when you try to go out the door.

I stopped shopping at the closet walmart because they dont have cashiers in the morning - this will totally end my shopping at walmart. To nasty for me.

The world's largest retailer, Walmart, is seriously considering replacing all of its traditional checkout lanes and workers with self-checkout stations.

The retail giant is conducting a trial run first at a Walmart superstore location in Fayetteville, Arkansas, reports Fox Business. Traditional conveyor belt lanes there are currently being replaced with only self-checkout counters.

The experiment will determine if the DIY approach to scanning and paying for your items at Walmart will be more efficient, faster, and safer for shoppers—especially during the coronavirus pandemic when person-to-person interactions are the riskiest way to spread the virus. (Employees will reportedly still be available to help with self-checkout, though.)
Won't be doing Walmart. And their employees had to participate in the cutting of their own jobs.

They have all those cameras set up in a lot of stores now and when those UPI codes don't go thru and those alarms start going off when you try to go out the door.

I proved that to be either a lie or their security is not sufficient. I think when you scan them it disables the security.

Just wait until stores implement scan and go like Sams Club.
You put your items in your cart and scan and pay for them, without going anywhere near a register.
But you do show the QR code on your phone when you exit the store.

Just wait until stores implement scan and go like Sams Club.
You put your items in your cart and scan and pay for them, without going anywhere near a register.
But you do show the QR code on your phone when you exit the store.
Pissed me off when I discovered Walmart tracks my purchases.

If any of you have read Revelations this is getting really close to not being able to purchase or sell without a stamp on your forehead or hand. Y'all can jump all over every technological advance if you want to.

Most retail stores are going this way at some point. Places like Walmart, target and home depot are just testing the waters. I actually prefer doing my own..especially now with this covid stuff going on. The less interaction, the better.

If any of you have read Revelations this is getting really close to not being able to purchase or sell without a stamp on your forehead or hand. Y'all can jump all over every technological advance if you want to.

I dont think this is even in the same ball field as self checkouts. They don't care nothing about no chips or marks of the beast. They trying to save as much bread as possible. I mean hell out of 15 registers they only have 3 open now, if that.

I was somewhat surprised also.

I mostly eat a ketogenic/carnivore diet. Every now and then I get a craving for chocolate. I usually go to the neighborhood Walmart that is near my house to get a Hershey's bar and a Snickers to ease my cravings. I started to use the Walmart site and app to buy food because of Covid19. What was in my recommended foods although I have never ordered them? Hershey's bar and Snickers. And nearly every other small item that I routinely buy.

I shouldn't be surprised though. In my capstone course for my Finance degree, I decided to study KMart. What mistakes they made and how they lost market share to Walmart. One of the things Walmart took advantage of early on was the use of technology and data. That's one of the keys to their success. Capturing and using data to their advantage.
I never use the app but I do use my debit card (grudgingly). I went online via my pc and to my surprise there was a list of things I should be ready to re-order. I was NOT happy.

Back