Valley Smack

MVSUDiva

I know alot of people smack on Valley. To me, it is kind of hard to tell if some of you are serious are not. Some of the smack about Valley is funny. I have to admit that. Then, some of it kind of hits home. Because I know what was happening and going on when I was there (93-97). But, then I have to come to my senses and realize that this is not us (as in my 4 years) that some of you are talking about. I am not going to lie. It really hurts to sit here and read this stuff about your school and you see what is going on. But you do not know what is going on the inside.

I guess this is way there is not a lot of people from Valley on this board. B/c, to be honest, the first thing you see when you come on here is somebody dogwalking Valley. Also, I know that everyone has their own way of getting a point across, but talking about us is not going to help us correct our problems.

No, I am not boo hooing to say leave Valley alone. I just wanted to get a point across.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody's watching."

We are a nation of men and women and, although we aspire to lofty principles, our methods at times are imperfect. All we can do is our best.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

It is the nature of most people on any band page to kick someone when they're down. I say give as good as you get and watch the hit dogs holla. What happens to a bully when someone fights back? If the bully is not ruthless then he is defeated and if the person who fights back is ruthless then a noble bully is created.

Amazing what I can think up when I'm not focused on the usual macho-chauvenistic type stuff huh?:D

MVSUDiva, we have some very tough love for bands. If you are down, we will definitely let you know it until you make a come up. When you do make that come up, we will be one of the first ones to congratulate you.
I remember when I was one of the only Alcorn people on this board. Alcorn was getting trashed everday (including in the spring when football season was over). Then, in '99 when Alcorn was a band to be reckoned with, the same people that talked about Alcorn were here saying how much they enjoyed us.

That's how the bands are. We'll kick you when you're down but we'll also show you mad love when you make a come up.

MVSU Diva, i hear what u saying, but after talkin to a few folks over there in that band, the problem isnt just adminstrative politics. its also a huge lack of heart and a lackadaisacal attitude thats killin the band. the band has lost confidence and is used to being slaw now and accepted it. tramiel has run outta gas so he aint really pushin them like he probably used to do (thats why i say u gotta know when its time to retire). and then, the other thing is that the other half of yall are in denial that yall have problems. now i think over the years its beginning to hit more vallenians that yall are far from where yall need to be. but there are a couple that dont realize it yet. but i only smack valley nowadays when someone from valley says something dumb like 'we are the best band ever created by man!' and such. i havent even been on valley's case that much this year, or anyone for that matter. i been more worried about who we are playing at the current time. now that the end of the season is up for us and i have hung up my spats, i really dont care what the he!! valley does... i just hope they improve....

thats just speaking for myself.

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
MVSUDiva, we have some very tough love for bands. If you are down, we will definitely let you know it until you make a come up. When you do make that come up, we will be one of the first ones to congratulate you.
I remember when I was one of the only Alcorn people on this board. Alcorn was getting trashed everday (including in the spring when football season was over). Then, in '99 when Alcorn was a band to be reckoned with, the same people that talked about Alcorn were here saying how much they enjoyed us.

That's how the bands are. We'll kick you when you're down but we'll also show you mad love when you make a come up.

Did you get my pm on your question about me?

Well, being a recent graduate of that program, it hurts me also when I read some negative posts about my school, however, their have been times that the people on this board have told the truth and their have also been times when people have STREACHED the truth about what actually happend when Valley played them. That's just how it is on here, the truth of the matter is Valley could make a tremendous come up and people will still talk ish. Why do you think Valley has tried to change its style, because of listening to people (e.g. yall need to be more like a showband, yall need to play more up-to-date tunes, yall need to be more black, etc...) and when Valley changed, now everyone is saying that we need to go back to corps style, so that just goes to show that everyone will never be pleased so the best thing Valley's band can do is to keep on trying and keep working with what we got and it the band can be more coopertive with Cheif and vice-versa, then this organization will experience a lot less drama, and when their is less drama and outside aggitation, their is more time to work on what is actually important, which is the business of music

Originally posted by MVSUalumni2003
Well, being a recent graduate of that program, it hurts me also when I read some negative posts about my school, however, their have been times that the people on this board have told the truth and their have also been times when people have STREACHED the truth about what actually happend when Valley played them. That's just how it is on here, the truth of the matter is Valley could make a tremendous come up and people will still talk ish. Why do you think Valley has tried to change its style, because of listening to people (e.g. yall need to be more like a showband, yall need to play more up-to-date tunes, yall need to be more black, etc...) and when Valley changed, now everyone is saying that we need to go back to corps style, so that just goes to show that everyone will never be pleased so the best thing Valley's band can do is to keep on trying and keep working with what we got and it the band can be more coopertive with Cheif and vice-versa, then this organization will experience a lot less drama, and when their is less drama and outside aggitation, their is more time to work on what is actually important, which is the business of music

no, i am gonna tell u like this: valley isnt improving enough to make a ***** change his mind about their level of slawness. take UAPB for instance. in 98 and 99 everyone (including valley) roasted the isht outta us cuz we were still relatively new to the swac and we werent really on a collegiate level in everyone else's eyes. but in 2000 we made a total turnaround and all of a sudden everyone started noticing, acknowledging, and giving us props. my point is that if u improve enough *****s will notice. this year peeps have pointed out valley does sound better than last year but they still are not good enough to get outta that slaw category...in order for that band to get any better i can already see they may have to get rid of 75% of the oldheads in that band and start over with just majority crabs. then they will need a band director with enough get-up-and-go to push them to the next level and enough musical knowledge to make them sound as good as they can. until that happens valley has a long ways to go...
and dont make excuses about listening to other peep's suggestions on what u should do. honestly its up to valley to figure out what works best for them. the director needs to be conscious of this and try to make it work the best way that he can. if he cant do that then he doesnt need to be a director on a collegiate level. and no matter what the band director says, its up to the band to just carry it out the best way they can, and that obviously aint happening neither.

Im not making any excuses at all about Valley's program, Im just saying that u can't please everybody!!, Just work with what you got and as far as UAPB goes, its people that still say yall *****s suck

Originally posted by MVSUDiva
Lil C

Ok. I got it.

Huh? No, I was talking to Alcorn Warrior.

Anywayz....MVSUDiva.....do you have the junk in the mean Green Foine Valley machine trunk? If so, then by all means.....post sexy pic.....and sexy pic of beer.......and let the magic begin!!:D

Originally posted by lilC
Did you get my pm on your question about me?

I got your PM. I've been meaning to reply to you. As a matter of fact, I'm going to do that right now (while it's on my mind)!

To MVSU Diva

Ms. Diva I want to apologize to you personally about what I said about Valley, even though that's how I feel. And I'm not going to take up for how people talk about our Valley on the web because half of it is true and it's been true for along time. You and I know what must be done in order for the program to move to another level. So I need more alumnist to address this issue to the Pres.
Office and alumnist. Let's quit complaining about what other schools are saying about us and let's do something about this.

I could care less what style a band uses. Just execute and sound good. The 80s Valley looked and sounded good. They had an identity and they added variety to the SWAC.

Back