USM and Jackson State Talking Football!

bluphiiijsu

Creative Director
My Thoughts: I believe USM is willing to play JSU if they will play in Hattiesburg. USM is trying to boost their home attendance. Correct me if I am wrong, but the last time USM had a sellout crowd was when they last played JSU. The only way JSU will agree to this is if they are getting a nice check out the deal.
I would love to see USM and JSU in Memorial.... Guaranteed sellout but who knows...

USM and Jackson State Talking Football!
By Lee Owens
Nov 21, 2001

The Jackson State Tigers and Southern Miss Golden Eagles may play a football game next season if talks continue to go well.

Both schools are in serious negotiations to play two games in Hattiesburg beginning next year.

Nothing has been finalized yet.

Southern Miss beat Jackson State 17-7 in the only meeting between the two schools in 1987.

I am all for it

Even if we have to go to Hattiesburg, it would be a positive move. And the after party would be off the hook... whoo !!!

think twice about playing USM

You need to really evaluate playing USM. If they agree to come to Jackson on a home and away series go far it.

But if it's like the tulane SU deal, tell them to take the contract and sholve it. Tulane barely avaearges 10,000 fans. SU was their largest attended game including thier homecoming.

USM has the same problem that tulane and the rest of the Conference-USA schools have, POOR FAN ATTENDANCE. They are desparate to boast their attendance.

They are only wanting to play division II schools because they have to increase their attendance. Nobody is coming to their games.

They need JSU way more than JSU needs USM.

Back