18) John Curtis-Louisiana
20) Allen- Texas
24) Highland Park- Texas
25) Northshore- Texas

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
MaxPreps Rankings:

1567817245058.png

lol this is like watching two midgets arguing about who is the tallest

no high school in Louisiana or Mississippi want to see any Georgia high school team and thats a fact

So @atl hornet .....Remind me again about how great Georgia High School football teams are and tell me what kind of beat down Georgia's Westlake is going to give to Louisiana's John Curtis this weekend. Should the Louisiana team even show up?

So @atl hornet .....Remind me again about how great Georgia High School football teams are and tell me what kind of beat down Georgia's Westlake is going to give to Louisiana's John Curtis this weekend. Should the Louisiana team even show up?

Depends on if the playing field is even or not. Westlake is a public school, so they have to use the players in their district.

John Curtis sounds like one of those private schools who recruits the best players from all over the state..

Truth be told, I don’t even think Westlake should be playing in games like this..they don’t have the profile a Grayson, Buford or Colquitt County has, but westlake is in one of the most wealthy black neighborhoods in the city, so if they have the money to travel then go for it.

The class 3A champs from last year, Cedar Grove High School went to Colorado last weekend & beat the #1 team in that state. Cedar Grove isn’t in a wealthy area, but I’m glad these majority black schools are getting the chance to travel out of state to show y’all how we do it in GA

Depends on if the playing field is even or not. Westlake is a public school, so they have to use the players in their district.

John Curtis sounds like one of those private schools who recruits the best players from all over the state..

Truth be told, I don’t even think Westlake should be playing in games like this..they don’t have the profile a Grayson, Buford or Colquitt County has, but westlake is in one of the most wealthy black neighborhoods in the city, so if they have the money to travel then go for it.

The class 3A champs from last year, Cedar Grove High School went to Colorado last weekend & beat the #1 team in that state. Cedar Grove isn’t in a wealthy area, but I’m glad these majority black schools are getting the chance to travel out of state to show y’all how we do it in GA

John Curtis is a private school that beat an all black New Orleans public school (Edna Karr) last weekend by only 3 points (that's how we do it in Louisiana). Are these your words? "no high school in Louisiana or Mississippi want to see any Georgia high school team and thats a fact" Please tell me you're not doing a Donald Trump emulation in the 12th hour....LOL

Last edited:
John Curtis is a private school that beat an all black New Orleans public school (Edna Karr) last weekend by only 3 points (that's how we do it in Louisiana). Are these your words? "no high school in Louisiana or Mississippi want to see any Georgia high school team and thats a fact" Please tell me you're not doing a Donald Trump emulation in the 12th hour....LOL

That guy is always writing checks he can’t cash. 😂😂

35-27 westlake

Don’t forget Marietta high school and McEachern High schools they’d give Louisiana that work!

Westlake’s previous coach setup this match to give the program a national appeal. I am born and raised in Boot (D’ville represent), but I will be rooting for the mighty Westlake Lions against Curtis. My lil cuz RJ Johnson is a freshman QB and straight ballin’ for Westlake. A few weeks ago I went to their game against Creekside, and on RJ’s first drive he led Westlake for a TD in two plays as he was 2-2 for 70yds (no dink and dunk either - throwing deep balls).

Westlake has some athletes on the edge. Westlake gotta stop Curtis’s veer attack. I will be in Shreveport this Saturday to see dem South Fulton boys knock off the Patriots of John Curtis - the most decorated high school program in U.S. history.

Last edited:
35-27 westlake

Okay then, that's a little bit more like it. For a while, I thought Westlake relocated out of Georgia. BTW, I know Westlake gave Grayson all they could handle last year, so the program has a little "SWAG." However, when looking at that score (35-27 Westlake), I can't help but thinking about Trump doubling down on his belief that Hurricane Dorian was headed to Alabama....LOL We shall see....

Last edited:
Westlake’s previous coach setup this match to give the program a national appeal. I am born and raised in Boot (D’ville represent), but I will be rooting for the mighty Westlake Lions against Curtis. My lil cuz RJ Johnson is a freshman QB and straight ballin’ for Westlake. A few weeks ago I went to their game against Creekside, and on RJ’s first drive he led Westlake for a TD in two plays as he was 2-2 for 70yds (no dink and dunk either - throwing deep balls).

Westlake has some athletes on the edge. Westlake gotta stop Curtis’s veer attack. I will be in Shreveport this Saturday to see dem South Fulton boys knock off the Patriots of John Curtis - the most decorated high school program in U.S. history.

Curtis has history like that? Only Louisiana schools I know about are St.Aug & that school the Mannings & OBJ went to.

Hopefully Westlake can make Cam & Pac-Man Jones proud
I had to make him think a little bit about that comment....Couldn't do it until game week though otherwise it would have been useless.......LOL

Unless Curtis gets some home cooking from the refs (which I expect) then it should be a close game

Curtis has history like that? Only Louisiana schools I know about are St.Aug & that school the Mannings & OBJ went to.

Unless Curtis gets some home cooking from the refs (which I expect) then it should be a close game
Won't be home cooking. Game is in Shreveport which is basically East Texas lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Don’t forget Marietta high school and McEachern High schools they’d give Louisiana that work!
AS much as I love my home state (Louisiana) top to bottom Georgia has better HS football. I've seen single A and double A schools, especially in S. Ga, that would give 4/5 A schools back home the business. I live in the McEachern district and they are the truth but Marietta has more talent this year.

Westlake isn't even good like that so i'm not even sure the point of this game. They're not even competitive in Atlanta. Now if they were playing Cedar Grove or Marietta or hell any of the teams that are actually top teams here that would be another story.

And please get out of here with that per capita mess lol. Either you had more or you didn't. In a top 5 GA vs top 5 Louisiana GA would win hands down. Show me 5 teams in LA that would beat Lowndes, Colquitt Co, Marietta, Valdosta,and Grayson. We sent AAA Cedar Grove to Alabama and they beat the piss out of their AAAAAA champ last year. One team or two may be arguable, but overall no chance.

And after looking, westlake isn't even ranked in the top 15 in their own division. Hell John Curtis BETTER win that game.

Reading is fundamental......American cheese with that per capita whine?

1568248718867.png

Last edited:

John Curtis is legendary like the New York Yankees in terms of championships. The Yanks have 26 World titles and John Curtis has like 27 state championships. They are consistently mentioned as a top national program in USA Today. They were the national high school champion by the same publication years ago too.

Louisiana's 3rd rank team Catholic Baton Rouge slips by Arkansas' 4th rank team North Little Rock:
Final
North Little Rock 17
Catholic Baton Rouge 24

Georgia's #8 Cedar Grove (2-2) Fall to a State #1 team again (Alabama Central {24-20} & Georgia McEachern)
Final
Cedar Grove 14
McEachern 20

Back