Urban Meyer appearing at Grambling State was a lesson about white privilege

Hmmm.... I agree with the white privilege aspect of the article where he landed on his feet which is normally antithetical to the black experience in this country. However, if the brain trust at Ohio State feel that he sincerely understood that his silence made him complicit, genuinely remorseful and thought enough of the situation to allow teaching an ethics course on their campus, perhaps his message was one that steered the audience in the correct direction. I'm not sure of how the speech was delivered but if he told the audience his experience of a bad decision, the negative repercussion of what can happen and juxtaposed it to Eddie Rob as a shining example of doing things the right way, then the speech was not in vain.

Did Grambling secure a donation from Urban? If so, the hell with this White privilege talk; play your position, get money, plan for the future, and make sure your future generations will be on better footing than we are.

Did Grambling secure a donation from Urban? If so, the hell with this White privilege talk; play your position, get money, plan for the future, and make sure your future generations will be on better footing than we are.
I’m pretty sure they had to pay Urban a appearance fee.

What could he tell the Grambling folks that they didn't already know? If anything, the folks at Grambling should be able to tell him how not to cheat at his craft.

There was more excitement about Trayvon Martin's mother coming.....the Eddie Robinson people should have waited a week or two for him to come after Trayvon's mother came.

What could he tell the Grambling folks that they didn't already know? If anything, the folks at Grambling should be able to tell him how not to cheat at his craft.

Cheat? When has Urban been accused of cheating in Football?

Huh? What exactly are you referring to? (You may want to be careful answering that question). Cheating? Really?

Dude, I know you know that all the legends were practicing before they were supposed to back in the day. Well known knowledge. Wish my old man was around to expound. Where is my man from TSPN Prince Hall AKA Noland Super Gnat Smith of the KC Chiefs. He can tell you the same.

Cheat? When has Urban been accused of cheating in Football?
Just because Meyer coached at Ohio State, let's not get amnesia. Under his program at Florida, dozens of players were arrested for felonies and assaults, including Aaron Hernandez. They stayed on the team cause they were winning.
When Meyer left, the program was out of control under his watch, so he faked a heart attack so he could leave.
Then while at Ohio State, he tried to cover up a serial wife beater and keep this abuser on as coach and around impressionable football players, yet he gets to tell others how to "do the right thing?!!" Yeah, right.
https://www.thesportster.com/college-football/top-15-things-urban-meyer-wants-you-to-forget/

Just because Meyer coached at Ohio State, let's not get amnesia. Under his program at Florida, dozens of players were arrested for felonies and assaults, including Aaron Hernandez. They stayed on the team cause they were winning.
When Meyer left, the program was out of control under his watch, so he faked a heart attack so he could leave.
Then while at Ohio State, he tried to cover up a serial wife beater and keep this abuser on as coach and around impressionable football players, yet he gets to tell others how to "do the right thing?!!" Yeah, right.
https://www.thesportster.com/college-football/top-15-things-urban-meyer-wants-you-to-forget/

Dude where does he say he cheated? Just because he had knuckle heads don't mean you cheated or broke NCAA regulations. It was up to them to keep players. The UNIVERSITY. Not just Urban Meyer. And Florida still had kids in trouble years after he was gone. It's the culture of that program. By the way. Nobody believes Zach Smiths wife. Not even her own MOTHER. Something strange has always been about that situation.

Now should he had been at Gram speaking. Nope. I don't think so even without any scandal. But that was Gram's choice. So they can live with it.

He didn't fake a heart attack that's a myth that was spread. It was clearly reported that he had spasms that had similar symptoms to a heart attack. Fakes a heart attack leading up to the SEC Championship game against Alabama that would decide who plays for the national title? Also if he "faked the heart attack" to leave, why didn't he leave at the end of the season(with Tebow and all of his other very talented juniors and seniors) instead of staying for another year?

Hmmm.... I agree with the white privilege aspect of the article where he landed on his feet which is normally antithetical to the black experience in this country. However, if the brain trust at Ohio State feel that he sincerely understood that his silence made him complicit, genuinely remorseful and thought enough of the situation to allow teaching an ethics course on their campus, perhaps his message was one that steered the audience in the correct direction. I'm not sure of how the speech was delivered but if he told the audience his experience of a bad decision, the negative repercussion of what can happen and juxtaposed it to Eddie Rob as a shining example of doing things the right way, then the speech was not in vain.

Well said JRock.

He didn't fake a heart attack that's a myth that was spread. It was clearly reported that he had spasms that had similar symptoms to a heart attack. Fakes a heart attack leading up to the SEC Championship game against Alabama that would decide who plays for the national title? Also if he "faked the heart attack" to leave, why didn't he leave at the end of the season(with Tebow and all of his other very talented juniors and seniors) instead of staying for another year?
Are you on the "man's" payroll?

Dude where does he say he cheated? Just because he had knuckle heads don't mean you cheated or broke NCAA regulations. It was up to them to keep players. The UNIVERSITY. Not just Urban Meyer. And Florida still had kids in trouble years after he was gone. It's the culture of that program. By the way. Nobody believes Zach Smiths wife. Not even her own MOTHER. Something strange has always been about that situation.

Now should he had been at Gram speaking. Nope. I don't think so even without any scandal. But that was Gram's choice. So they can live with it.
So you'd rather blame the woman than point the finger at the men? Oh, okay.

Back