UPDATE on Past story...

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
You remember some time ago, I brought you the story of a stripper kicked off the track team. here is the update...

http://www.chronicle.com/weekly/v47/i44/44a03703.htm
Cal State Student Who Was Kicked Off Track Team for Stripping Is Told She May Return
Back on track?

Fearing a lawsuit, California State University at Fullerton has given a student the opportunity to rejoin its track and cross-country teams after she was dropped when university officials discovered that she was working as a stripper.

But the student, Leilani M. Rios, will still have to meet academic requirements, and a lack of credits may keep her off the teams despite the institution's decision.

In January 2000, John Elders, coach of the track and cross-country teams, told Ms. Rios that her part-time job as an exotic dancer violated university policies for athletes.

Word of Ms. Rios's part-time job reached her coach after members of the college's baseball team saw her perform.

Noting that stripping was a "constitutionally protected form of expression," Fullerton officials confirmed that Ms. Rios would be allowed to compete if she meets the university's and the National Collegiate Athletic Association's requirements for athletic eligibility. Ms. Rios's husband, Wayne Hurtado, told the Los Angeles Times that although his wife maintains a C average, she fell behind in her schoolwork after being kicked off the team.

I have an idea...

Can't we get this poor deserving Skripper/Student on a Dr. SweetNupe scholarship?

All she has to do is show her student I.D. and dance for the scholarship committee. The committe will present its award on the spot.

The size of the award depends on the cash available to the committee and just how much they have had to drink before the interview.

Applications can be picked up at any Bachelor party attended by DSN and the committee.

Back