University of Texas will rename its football field after Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Gotta keep those black athletes coming. Texas Southern and Prairie View is the better option!

I don't know wahines... I don't think sTu and PV are better options for "those types" of coloreds. I think they are where they belong. They are NOT PVAMU or sTu material imho. For if they were, they never would've considered tending an offer from ut-austin and found themselves walking either of PV's or sTu's campus from the outset, even if that meant not playing sports. They are where they belong and entertaining the cancerous, hostile, and toxicity from anglos that they deserve, as the black boys and girls perform on their anglo plantations. I speak from personal experience. :D

The black athletic movement got this as part of their initiative.

Read about that yesterday evening and I lmao'd. The black coloreds at ut-austin will continue to proudly sing that minstrel based confederate song, proudly, w/ the same fervor that black students will continue to flock to sul ross state university and perform/attend w/ the GREATEST of exuberant jubilation. :D lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao :D

I don't know wahines... I don't think sTu and PV are better options for "those types" of coloreds. I think they are where they belong. They are NOT PVAMU or sTu material imho. For if they were, they never would've considered tending an offer from ut-austin and found themselves walking either of PV's or sTu's campus from the outset, even if that meant not playing sports. They are where they belong and entertaining the cancerous, hostile, and toxicity from anglos that they deserve, as the black boys and girls perform on their anglo plantations. I speak from personal experience. :D

I agree, but it is not from the heart! It is all about keeping those elite black athletes coming!

UT won - the field is only played on 5-6 times. The song is played AFTER EVERY major event.

Earl Campbell is already a "legend" and Williams is well, Williams. What's so unique about them when its all said and done when it came to the cause. They're already being taken care off and were already if you know what I mean.

The players lost big time.

After all, integration/desegregation of universities and colleges in all facets was and still is the ultimate goal of all pwcus.

(wait for it)

(wait for it)

LMMFAO!!!!! :D

Do you really think they are going to allow us to become an integral part of some of their top research projects that are worth billions in government funding??? Every time I visit UVA eye center for my eyes, I have yet to see one Black physician. But there are plenty of Black support staff, such as clerical, custodian, etc.

Last edited:
Do you really think they are going to allow us to become an integral part of some of their top research projects that are worth billions in government funding??? Every time I visit UVA eye center for my eyes, I have to see one Black physician. But there are plenty of Black support staff, such as clerical, custodian, etc.

Hello! Nail, meet hammer head.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
we got nothing in return as our prized possession was what they needed to survive - they NEEDED us

The resources from the athletic playing fields sure did bolster a LOT of their financial coffers. Playing fields first, campus "life" secondly.

The resources from the athletic playing fields sure did bolster a LOT of their financial coffers. Playing fields first, campus "life" secondly.

LSU is a good example of that. When Jindal allowed the drastic cuts for higher education in Louisiana, LSU's athletic foundation/Tiger Athletic Foundation cough up $40 million to keep its academic programs going without skipping a beat. I'm sure without that $40 million donation, they would've had to cut a few SUPPORT staff.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm. Interesting.
Integration was never about giving us a fair shot. It was about controlling us and as always controlling the narrative. Yeah, some of us were able to matriculate (but that would have happened anywhere we went to school) but never forget the reason there are HBCUs. They never wanted us at their schools and they definitely never wanted us educated.

I remember reading that the only way Booker T Washington was able to get white folk's blessing to start Tuskegee is he had to assure them that once educated the Black students would not become a threat. I often wondered how Booker T was able to open Tuskegee in the heart of the Alabama woods with no opposition.

Look as much as we talk about this, the problem is US at our schools.. Why would I want to go to any HBCU that has worse facilities than my high school. I love Southern" but let's be clear facilities are horrible.. We can talk all day.. But I have long said SU should take the State to federal court.. Mississippi has, now the state of Maryland.. SU needs to grow balls and stop taking leftovers, We cannot talk about change until we want BETTER for ourselves..

Look as much as we talk about this, the problem is US at our schools.. Why would I want to go to any HBCU that has worse facilities than my high school. I love Southern" but let's be clear facilities are horrible.. We can talk all day.. But I have long said SU should take the State to federal court.. Mississippi has, now the state of Maryland.. SU needs to grow balls and stop taking leftovers, We cannot talk about change until we want BETTER for ourselves..

Are you sure you want to open that door???

Truth is Truth..

A university can't levy a property tax that (like in Texas) can't get line-item vetoed. Apples and oranges. I understand where you're coming from.

However, there are raggedy facilities at PWIs and HBCUs. Our philosophy of "doing more with less" has hurt us.

Integration was never about giving us a fair shot. It was about controlling us and as always controlling the narrative. Yeah, some of us were able to matriculate (but that would have happened anywhere we went to school) but never forget the reason there are HBCUs. They never wanted us at their schools and they definitely never wanted us educated.

I remember reading that the only way Booker T Washington was able to get white folk's blessing to start Tuskegee is he had to assure them that once educated the Black students would not become a threat. I often wondered how Booker T was able to open Tuskegee in the heart of the Alabama woods with no opposition.

What's funny. Tuskegee was the largest university in Alabama in the 1890's.

Back