UDFA Signings 2020

There won’t be the usual number of UDFA signings this year compared to years past with numbers in the 20’s. Be prepared to see less than 10 per team due to no minicamps due to C-19. Most might in fact only sign 5-7.

Totally agree especially absence of Pro Days. This potentially may impact HBCU recruiting in the future, just a thought.

Get to Know Rookie QB Who Can Throw Ball 100 Yards
Prairie View A&M quarterback Jalen Morton checks in at No. 76 in our ranking of the Green Bay Packers’ 90-man roster.

GREEN BAY, Wis. – The Green Bay Packers’ rookie quarterback is intelligent, confident, driven to succeed and has a rifle for an arm.

No, this isn’t another story about first-round pick Jordan Love.

Rather, it’s about Jalen Morton, an undrafted free agent from Prairie View A&M.

According to his biography, he can throw a football 100 yards. Is that true?

“Yes, sir,” he said matter-of-factly.

Really? For all the remarkable things Aaron Rodgers has done with a football over the years, he’s never thrown it 100 yards.

“The last time I did that was late July before camp. I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m feeling good about the season,’” Morton said. “I feel good about it. I feel good about it because I know my arm strength. I used to play baseball. I know the type of conditioning to keep in shape and keep doing that. I’ve seen Aaron Rodgers flick the ball and it goes 75. I can only imagine what he would do if he takes a couple of hitches and lets it go.”

In 35 games over four seasons, Morton threw for 5,237 yards and 42 touchdowns while adding 1,579 rushing yards and 22 more touchdowns. In eight games as a senior, he completed a career-high 59.5 percent of his passes with 15 touchdown passes (plus six more rushing) and 10 interceptions.

The arm strength is merely one interesting note about Morton.

“I’m a mechanical engineer and just graduated,” he explained last month. “I was doing 7 hours, three labs and one real class, training at APEC in Fort Worth, driving Tuesdays for 3 or 4 hours to Prairie View to do whatever homework that I couldn’t do at home on the engineering computers, having a class on Wednesdays, then going right back to Arlington to drive to Fort Worth on Thursday mornings for training. And I was doing that the whole time. My process was definitely different. I don’t know about everyone else, but I can say I got my bachelor’s in mechanical engineering while getting picked up by Green Bay.”

Morton’s not sure what he wants to do with his degree. Obviously, he’s hoping he won’t have to put that degree to work anytime soon.

“All I know is I’m going to help invent and build machinery,” he said. “When I was younger, I knew that I wanted to help NASA go into space. I just want to invent. I feel like I have the mind for inventing.”

Get to Know Rookie QB Who Can Throw Ball 100 Yards | Sports Illustrated Green Bay Packers News, Analysis and More

Back