UAPB AD Melvin Hines

@LuvTheBoom16

I really don’t know what to say. I admit, I was not happy when I was told there were murmurings & rumors, and I am sad to see this. But because my Alma mater is always so vague and non-inclusive when it comes to matters like this, I can’t be too emotional when it comes to statements. I can’t jump the gun, but have to hope that my UAPB made a justifiably decision, one not based on emotion.

But my mind is on how much AD Hines has done in the year he was with us. He’s done more for our athletics in one year than I’ve seen done in the last 10 years! I hope this does not impact our coaches and student-athletes and their abilities. Once again, I just have to hope we’ll be okay.

PLEASE come back home!
They showed him a whole lotta love and respect back home two weekends ago didn't they. The type of love and respect that would make someone that is already in relationship to get himself together and treat em right. IJS
@LuvTheBoom16

I really don’t know what to say. I admit, I was not happy when I was told there were murmurings & rumors, and I am sad to see this. But because my Alma mater is always so vague and non-inclusive when it comes to matters like this, I can’t be too emotional when it comes to statements. I can’t jump the gun, but have to hope that my UAPB made a justifiably decision, one not based on emotion.

But my mind is on how much AD Hines has done in the year he was with us. He’s done more for our athletics in one year than I’ve seen done in the last 10 years! I hope this does not impact our coaches and student-athletes and their abilities. Once again, I just have to hope we’ll be okay.
Dealing with HBCU presidents can be painful........
In my experience as an Higher Ed staff person, I have found that the powers that be can be very, "fickle" be it at an HBCU or a PWI for a variety of reasons.

It's not all bad, but I've seen a number of people lose their jobs that have been very productive but like to do things their own way. At the same time, I've seen non-productive people hold on to jobs and even get promotions due to their loyalties. I'm not saying that is the situation here but.....

...Just one man's observation.

Last edited:
They showed him a whole lotta love and respect back home two weekends ago didn't they. The type of love and respect that would make someone that is already in relationship to get himself together and treat em right. IJS

In my experience as an Higher Ed staff person, I have found that the powers that be can be very, "fickle" be it at an HBCU or a PWI for a variety of reasons.

It's not all bad, but I've seen a number of people lose their jobs that have been very productive but like to do things their own way. At the same time, I've seen non-productive people hold on to jobs and even get promotions due to their loyalties. I'm not saying that is the situation here but.....

...Just one man's observation.

I so love you because we're not ONLY Spiritually in-tune w/each other but I see we're also intellectually in-tune and have the same perception. What you posted is EXACTLY what happens at my alma mater! I love my school, but I was telling one of my best friends (also an alumna) that I'm tired of seeing us keep these antiquated, non-innovative, sorry folks around! EVERY SINGLE TIME we get someone fairly young, someone who takes us out of the cave we've been in and makes progress that should've been made decades ago, something happens and the next thing I know I'm getting a letter or email or whatever saying that UAPB is "going in a different/new direction" and that "so-and-so has been relieved of their duties".

Again, I don't know the specific details about WHY AD Hines was fired. That's why I was hesitant to post how I truly felt. I do know, however, that UAPB (under Chancellor Alexander) will not tolerate any type of questionable behavior or suspicious conduct or anything that will reflect UAPB in a negative way. no matter how big or small the issue is. So, if I had to guess, AD Hines may have possibly done something along the lines that would reflect negativity on/against UAPB. I'm frustrated because so little info was given to the students and alumni. BUT I also know how the UA Board works, and I know the mindset of UAPB administration, staff, and faculty. As I said in another post, I just have to trust God and trust that Chancellor Alexander has the very best interest of UAPB (ALL FACETS) at the forefront of his mind and makes the right decision concerning all things UAPB.......and continue to trust that God will let us be okay.

I so love you because we're not ONLY Spiritually in-tune w/each other but I see we're also intellectually in-tune and have the same perception. What you posted is EXACTLY what happens at my alma mater! I love my school, but I was telling one of my best friends (also an alumna) that I'm tired of seeing us keep these antiquated, non-innovative, sorry folks around! EVERY SINGLE TIME we get someone fairly young, someone who takes us out of the cave we've been in and makes progress that should've been made decades ago, something happens and the next thing I know I'm getting a letter or email or whatever saying that UAPB is "going in a different/new direction" and that "so-and-so has been relieved of their duties".

Again, I don't know the specific details about WHY AD Hines was fired. That's why I was hesitant to post how I truly felt. I do know, however, that UAPB (under Chancellor Alexander) will not tolerate any type of questionable behavior or suspicious conduct or anything that will reflect UAPB in a negative way. no matter how big or small the issue is. So, if I had to guess, AD Hines may have possibly done something along the lines that would reflect negativity on/against UAPB. I'm frustrated because so little info was given to the students and alumni. BUT I also know how the UA Board works, and I know the mindset of UAPB administration, staff, and faculty. As I said in another post, I just have to trust God and trust that Chancellor Alexander has the very best interest of UAPB (ALL FACETS) at the forefront of his mind and makes the right decision concerning all things UAPB.......and continue to trust that God will let us be okay.

We have an opening

Back