UAPB 2004 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

pbla

Focus
The printed schedules were released yesterday. Four home games;I can live with that.
<TABLE><CAPTION><div width="100" style="filter:shadow(color:black);float:Left;font-weight:bold;font-size:18pt;font-family:georgia;color:yellow;padding:10px;">UAPB Golden Lions 2004 Schedule</div></CAPTION>
<TR><td><b>Date</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>OPPONENT</B></TD><td width=200><b>LOCATION</b></td><td width><b>TIME</B></TD></TR>
<TR><td><b>9/4</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>MVSU</B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Itta Bena,MS</b></td><td width=200><b>6:00pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>9/11</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>Bethune-Cookman</B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Pine Bluff,AR</b></td><td width=200><b>6:30pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>9/18</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>Alabama State</B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Montgomery,AL</b></td><td width=200><b>7:00pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>9/25</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>Alabama A&M(Gateway Classic)</B></TD><TD WIDTH=40><B>St.Louis,MO</b></td><td width=200><b>4:00pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>10/2</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>Paul Quinn College</B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Pine Bluff,AR</b></td><td width=200><b>6:30pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>10/9</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>Texas Southern</B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Houston,TX</b></td><td width=200><b>7:00pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>10/16</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>Grambling State</B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Grambling,LA</b></td><td width=200><b>1:30pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>10/30</B><TD WIDTH=200><B>Jackson State(HC)</B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Pine Bluff,AR </b></td><td width=200><b>2:30pm</b></td></tr><TR><td><b>11/6</B><TD WIDTH=100><B>PrairieView </B></TD><TD WIDTH=200><B>Pine Bluff,AR</b></td><td width=200><b>2:00pm</b></td></tr>
</table>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
MACHIAVELLI said:
JSU for homecoming :lmao:

Dude, that HC date was set a looooooooooooooooong time ago. I am sure that if they could, they would change it to Paul Quinn but at the time the only home games they had were BCC (too early), SU (they were trying to move) and JSU (only game left)...

23-0.....now, that's homecoming bait.

I thought the Southern game was going to be added to the schedule? It's a shame you guys don't have at least ten games.

MACHIAVELLI said:
They can change it.

Alumni letters have already been mailed across the nation saying that HC is on 10/30. It could be changed, but the reasoning is that alumni have already made hotel accomodations and applied for leave at their place of employment.

pbla said:
Alumni letters have already been mailed across the nation saying that HC is on 10/30. It could be changed, but the reasoning is that alumni have already made hotel accomodations and applied for leave at their place of employment.

You are talking to someone from Grambling bruh...they don't know anything about home games.

pbla said:

I am sure that is true. I am not saying uapb should change it. But it still could be changed. Was Paul Quinn recently added to the uapb schedule? Either way a victory for uapb.

MACHIAVELLI said:
I am sure that is true. I am not saying uapb should change it. But it still could be changed. Was Paul Quinn recently added to the uapb schedule? Either way a victory for uapb.

The only way UAPB beats us this year is if we are injured again. If we had a QB last year, we would beat UAPB. Kent came right in and drove the team down the field. So unless none of our other three QB's pan out....(because I am sure that Green is all but 4th string right now after this spring), we should not have that problem.

MACHIAVELLI said:

Yep, Paul Quinn was recently added. But I don't trust the GUNSLINGER. That fool still can coach.And no telling who he has playing for him. If I see a player from PQ doing that Deion Sanders dance in the endzone;then that would let me know that something ain't right.

Paul Quinn was originally on the schedule for Nov 13th and it looks like they move the Paul Quinn game to Oct. 2.

Tigerpride said:
Dude, that HC date was set a looooooooooooooooong time ago. I am sure that if they could, they would change it to Paul Quinn but at the time the only home games they had were BCC (too early), SU (they were trying to move) and JSU (only game left)...

23-0.....now, that's homecoming bait.

Kinda like we were your homecoming "bait" last year?

pbla said:
Yep, Paul Quinn was recently added. But I don't trust the GUNSLINGER. That fool still can coach.And no telling who he has playing for him. If I see a player from PQ doing that Deion Sanders dance in the endzone;then that would let me know that something ain't right.

Dude, please.......

Paul Quinn has lost three years in a row to......PRAIRIE VIEW

Vinita said:
Kinda like we were your homecoming "bait" last year?

23-0 was the score of the game when Grambling was JSU's homecoming bait....but yes you were our homecoming bait last year...... :confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
The only way UAPB beats us this year is if we are injured again. If we had a QB last year, we would beat UAPB. Kent came right in and drove the team down the field. So unless none of our other three QB's pan out....(because I am sure that Green is all but 4th string right now after this spring), we should not have that problem.

TP, you need to quit writing this foolishness. For years, all the Mafia posted was self-proclamations of great players (2nd and 3rd string could compete w/ anyone in the SWAC). Injuries are part of the game. How can J-State get in such a precarious situation (that is, no depth)? J-State's situation was not even remotely close to Grambling's transition years.AAMU (not known for offensive production) almost flipped the scoreboard (like Pac Man on Atari).

You said the players gave up. This tells me Bells will be ringin' this year.

GSUperTiger said:
TP, you need to quit writing this foolishness. For years, all the Mafia posted was self-proclamations of great players (2nd and 3rd string could compete w/ anyone in the SWAC). Injuries are part of the game. How can J-State get in such a precarious situation (that is, no depth)? J-State's situation was not even remotely close to Grambling's transition years.AAMU (not known for offensive production) almost flipped the scoreboard (like Pac Man on Atari).

You said the players gave up. This tells me Bells will be ringin' this year.

Dude, the way people light up Grambling's defense....aside from Valley and PV that is.....tell me how you would do if you had to play AAMU or Alcorn without 8 of your starters. Get off of AAMU's sack.

Yes, four years ago, we had better athletes....you are asking a dumb question...you know how we got in this situation...his name is Robert Hughes.

Tigerpride said:
Yes, four years ago, we had better athletes....you are asking a dumb question...you know how we got in this situation...his name is Robert Hughes.

Oh yeah, that is right. The guy who never had a losing record. The guy who won more games in one season than Bell will win in his tenure at J-State.

GSUperTiger said:
Oh yeah, that is right. The guy who never had a losing record. The guy who won more games in one season than Bell will win in his tenure at J-State.

Yeah, the guy who had all of his starters when he rose from 3-4 ( and in that 3 was Valley, 2-8 TNState, and 1-3 SU) to whoop up on 1-5 skid Alcorn, PV, UAPB and AAMU (by two points).

An Alcorn team that lost 5 of their last 6 is not the same as an Alcorn team that won 5 of their last six.

An AAMU team that cross cross the 50 is not the same as one that has a clue on offense.

A 1-3 SU is not the same as a 12-1 SU

A 2-8 TNState is not the same as a 7-5 TnState.

You get my point.....also, Hughes had Kent...a healthy one and a healthy defense....Bell didn't.

Back