U.S. News & World HBCU Rankings

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Congrats to FAMU and to all other HBCUs that made the rankings. All of you are important and hold a special place in the progression of the Black race and indeed all humanity. Thank you for being what you are and who you are!

SU is in a great position, but to maintain that position and higher, the State of LA needs to maintain and increase funding, SU needs to continue to improve the endowment and newer facilities need to be start being built.
My personally view is SU needs to go to the black caucus with their master plan. We have goals that we must maintain (enrollment, retention, endowment, research etc) Your goals (funding, facilities etc if you cannot maintain or promise us this, then maybe we need to ask the Supreme Court of LA to intervene. For SU to prosper hard decisions will have to be made.

Absoluitely, state funding has to be a priority. We are only weeks away from seeing the wheels start to turn on the search for a new president. This new selection may be the most important in SU's history. More than ever before, SU needs a visionary leader who has the wherewithall to lead our beloved institution into the immediate and long-term future. The new president needs to be able to, among other things, strengthen academic programs, scholarship, research, and support; engage in robust fund-raising to include the endowment fund; keep the physical plant modernized and well mantained; grow enrollment and student retention; maintain high levels of morale among faculty and staff; ensure that student needs are cared for; and reach out intensely to the surroundng community and community at large. I believe if we can find such a visionary, SU would be in good hands and in good shape moving forward. We have to get this one right; there is no room for blunder or error

Last edited:
Absoluitely, state funding has to be a priority. We are only weeks away from seeing the wheels start to turn on the search for a new president. This new selection may be the most important in SU's history. More than ever before, SU needs a visionary leader who has the wherewithall to lead our beloved institution into the immediate and long-term future. The new president needs to be able to, among other things, strengthen academic programs, scholarship, research, and support, engage in robust fund-raising to include the endowment fund, keep the physical plant modernized and well mantained; grow enrollment and student retention, maintain high levels of morale among faculty and staff; ensure that student needs are cared for; and reach out intensely to the surroundng community and community at large. I believe if we can find such a visionary, SU would be in good hands and in good shape moving forward. We have to get this one right; there is no room for blunder or error
What do you think about the Dillard President ? I heard his name flying around.
I hope SU goes after someone that maybe is not in the HBCU circle, I agree we can not screw up this higher.

What do you think about the Dillard President ? I heard his name flying around.
I hope SU goes after someone that maybe is not in the HBCU circle, I agree we can not screw up this higher.
I don't know much about Dr. Walter Kmbrough at Dillard, except that my granddaughter graduated from there in 2019 and was very fond of him. I hear that he has submitted his resignation from Dillard effective in 2022 to pursue other professional opportunities. I have also heard that Dr. Ammons at SUNO is an exceptional leader who has also served as president of NCCU and his alma mater, FAMU. However, at 68 years old, he may be looked at as being "over the hill." Nonetheless, If he is an exceptional leader, I wouldn't have a problem with him for maybe 4 years or so as SU will need provened and competent leadership every step of the way moving forward. "Age" of the leadership is not what's important; "competency" is. If a man, and, by extension, a woman, can do the job, then that is what SU needs.

Back