TXSU Merge 2019

I thought these fools were “bigger” this year. All that talk and hype and they look they same. Just added 3 trumpets lol. Then sound bad on top of that smh lol.

I think Alabama State may sound better than what I heard last night.... what texas southern gone do with 29 trumpets and loud ass euphos...... haymer probably ran away when he heard that.....

I thought these fools were “bigger” this year. All that talk and hype and they look they same. Just added 3 trumpets lol. Then sound bad on top of that smh lol.

That size went with haymer when it was found out he not gone be there this fall smh..... po puddle of soul smh......

Man jsu and su backs hurt from having to carry the swac in band.... pv not quite there yet and alcorn inconsistent... we need to boot texas southern out for miles after what I heard last night ..... lol i couldn't believe what i was hearing last night.... trumpets doing all that squatting but they trumpet is stuck on mute smh

Yeah that was horrible man. The only way they can go is up after that lol

Man jsu and su backs hurt from having to carry the swac in band.... pv not quite there yet and alcorn inconsistent... we need to boot texas southern out for miles after what I heard last night ..... lol i couldn't believe what i was hearing last night.... trumpets doing all that squatting but they trumpet is stuck on mute smh

Naw buddy.... ya'll not carrying nothing here... especially not from what I just saw...

The thing about TSU is that they have a very vocal minority that always goes online hyping themselves up to the point where they may seem more relavant than what they really are outside of Texas. They're like a Russian troll farm. I guarantee you you will find TSU folks online gassing this "performance" up. As long as they are loud, they are ok. But in reality, the "hype" has never really translated where it counts....recruiting, acclaim,invites,etc. To be fair, they had a couple of decent years in the 2000s but it's pretty much been smoke and mirrors since Japan. And don't start me on those field shows.

If this ain’t the most tired ish I done seen today.

LOL at the 1:32 mark where drummer boy drops his drum stick!! COME ON MANE....NOT ON LIVE VIDEO!!
Crooked lines all over the place. This looked horribly ratchet for Texas Southern.
Perhaps they'll get it cleaned up before their first game.

The thing about TSU is that they have a very vocal minority that always goes online hyping themselves up to the point where they may seem more relavant than what they really are outside of Texas. They're like a Russian troll farm. I guarantee you you will find TSU folks online gassing this "performance" up. As long as they are loud, they are ok. But in reality, the "hype" has never really translated where it counts....recruiting, acclaim,invites,etc. To be fair, they had a couple of decent years in the 2000s but it's pretty much been smoke and mirrors since Japan. And don't start me on those field shows.
Correction... as long as their euphs are loud. Quite honestly without them you damn near wouldn't be able to hear the band.

Meanwhile, PV has been piss in the wind since the beginning of time with a few moments where they were even brought up in any conversation related to band. People are just now paying attention to the Storm.

Meanwhile, PV has been piss in the wind since the beginning of time with a few moments where they were even brought up in any conversation related to band. People are just now paying attention to the Storm.

This is just false. The Marching Storm has always had a nice dark, full sound and a unique style. The lack of success of the football team is what limited exposure for the band but the quality was still there. And they still were more popular in Texas and still booked higher profile gigs than the ocean. Those Prof Edward's bands were innovative and laid the foundation. Still, you have never and will never hear PV sounding the way TSU does

I can say as someone who has never been to Texas in my life, and while in high school in Atlanta in the early 2000s, we knew more about PV than TxSU

I can say as someone who has never been to Texas in my life, and while in high school in Atlanta in the early 2000s, we knew more about PV than TxSU

Except our enrollment and Endowment size then and now says different. We aren't some second choice hbcu. Bandwise, let y'all bandheads have it but no amount of fudging will make our institution look like we haven't been ON for the many black professionals we crank out, especially attorneys.

LMAO.... There's some bands out there but yours especially who's claim to fame are getting invited to chitlin circuit battle of the bands where "bandheads" talk shit about who was louder. Nobody outside of kids on YouTube know about this mess yet PV places markers on the world map over and over. But hell tell the truth sTu barely gets asked to any of these BOTBs either. Their claim to fame might just be the YouTube middle school crowd.

I just got to ask, why is it band folks seem to do nothing but criticize one another? Since you all are suppose to know music so well wouldn't it be better to talk about how each band could improve their sound, formations and overall show? I'm just saying, it seems band folks like to literally toot their horn a lot at other bands expense.

Last edited:
I just got to ask, why is it band folks seem to do nothing but criticize one another? Since you all are suppose to know music so well wouldn't it be better to talk about how each band could improve their sound, formations and overall show? I'm just saying, it seems band folks like to literally toot their horn a lot at other bands expense.
Honestly if you've made it all the way to college sounding like this there's nothing somebody on a message board is gonna be able to tell you. We're talking about grown men and women with no sense of quality.

It doesn't matter what the band at TSU does or sounds like. I assure you, you won't find many who would compliment them on anything if they did something great. Hence why even thinking of hiring non TSU alums should stop.

Back