TxAM squeaks by PV

s phi s

The One Man Band
TxAM 83
PV 78 2 OT

Atmosphere was electric. I'm tellin' ya, if this keeps up, the Baby Dome will be a hard place to win a game come Swac-ball. I'll post more comments later. Off To work...

I post more of an analysis later. But this game was not a case of Texas A&M playing poorly and Prairie View A&M playing above their heads. Both teams played well. This was a great basketball game.

Well, I have work to do too.

Yes, this game was electrifing.......The dome was rocking and the fans from both schools were into this game. If we would have made a few free throws down the stretch we would have won this game in regulation. We were playing w/ Big 12 refs (why I don't know). The game ended in a 61-61 tie at the end of regulation. With 1.4 seconds remaining Burks hit a 2 pointer to tie the game and he got smashed by 2 TAMU players and no foul was called. TAMU then threw the ball away and we got it back w/ a chance to win it but there was a weak shot taken. after the first OT the game was tied at 71-71. In the 2nd OT TAMU took the lead at the free throw line on 3 straight questionable fouls away from the ball. we couldn't get pass that 3 point deficent in the 2nd OT but the Panthers played a great game.

Oh yeah those floor seats Panthro and I had were great....:D

Fiyah, you sat near from friends of mine who graduated from Howard. On their way to Houston, they came down from Dallas to check out the game.

BTW I loved the way that they are coached. Coaching is making a big difference with the PV basketball team.

Originally posted by EB
Fiyah, you sat near from friends of mine who graduated from Howard. On their way to Houston, they came down from Dallas to check out the game.

BTW I loved the way that they are coached. Coaching is making a big difference with the PV basketball team.

Did you see us down there on the center court line in the front row......

Frances (PV's coach) & Watkins (TAMU's coach) came by the athletic club tailgate after the game and got a bite to eat.

Box score
Fina..........l 1st 2nd OT OT2 Total
Texas A&M. 32.. 29. 10. 12.... 83
Prairie View 31. 30.. 10 ..7..... 78

I missed the two of you. I talked to them before and after the game. But I was in the stands sitting next to a PV engineering professor during the game.

Where was the tailgating? South of the dome by the parking lot?

Originally posted by Fiyah
Yes, this game was electrifing.......The dome was rocking and the fans from both schools were into this game. If we would have made a few free throws down the stretch we would have won this game in regulation. We were playing w/ Big 12 refs (why I don't know). The game ended in a 61-61 tie at the end of regulation. With 1.4 seconds remaining Burks hit a 2 pointer to tie the game and he got smashed by 2 TAMU players and no foul was called.

You are right FIYAH !! NO JUSTICE whatsoever ! If those sorry arse Big 12 refs would have called what they seen which was a FOUL the PANTHERS would have won down right in regulation.

I'm goin to say this and leave it at that. Please don't blame the loss on the refs. Bottom line is that If Pv would have made their free throws the outcome might have been different. Texas A&M made theirs and that was the difference. I go to A&M but being black me and my homeboi were guilty of quietly rooting for PV in the TxA&M student section. The atmosphere was awesome!!!!!!! I just might catch the TxSU-PV game this season.

No one is blaming the refs for the loss of this game, we're just making note of the no foul call which could have sent him to the line for the win. Yes, I agree that if we would have hit more free throws we would have been up by a extra point or 2. I do know that TAMU is not willing to re-sign up for a new contract to play us. I think that we should continue to play this game on a home & home basis. If you decide to come to the PV-TSU game, the dome will be rocking more than it was yesterday and filled to capacity, so get there early.

I am sorry I missed the game. I had intentions of being there but got delayed. I am happy that PV is showing so much promise. Great for the SWAC. I will be in the baby dome when we (TSU) play there on Jan. 11. The joint will be jumping. I am going to see about getting my tickets next week. I hope both school meet in the final in B'ham... it is conceivable...the SWAC office wouldn't want to see that though.

A side note, imagine what the Labor Day Classic would be like if both PV and TSU had good team. PV is making changes to improve but I question our athletic adminstration leadership.

The Labor Day classic should be rocking and rolling for a number of reasons (talent in Houston, fan base, history of both schools, etc.).

To get A&M to play a home-and-and home with us the officials had to be a major part of the contract.

With the pressure on Watkins he did some heavy recruiting last year. I wonder what he did to get all those California kids on the roster?

If we're playing this way with 9 players (only 2 big men), we should be a force when bigger folks arrive on campus.

Who is this coach of PV And where did he come from??

Yeah, I know I'm late, but, we could be looking for a new basketball coach "soon". We might as well start our enquires now. :D

Originally posted by Roar Man
Who is this coach of PV And where did he come from??

Yeah, I know I'm late, but, we could be looking for a new basketball coach "soon". We might as well start our enquires now. :D

His name is Jerry Francis and he was a asst coach w/ the Univ of Houston. He helped turn Ball st around along w/ the resurgence at UH. We also have a asst that was on the championship teams from Ark. They know how to teach the players what they need to know how to play and win. We basically have the same players that our past coach had but he didn't know how to coach.

the lack of post players on campus explains our past history. We're trying to squeeze juice out of nuts this season.

I go to A&M but being black me and my homeboi were guilty of quietly rooting for PV in the TxA&M student section.

might as well attend PV if your going to do that. we have engineering also. See what competing at PV does, it makes others want to cheer for you.

I was in the Baby Dome for the game. You would have thought I was a Prairie View grad ten times over yelling and pulling for PV.

This loss should only make Prairie View a better team. Make those free throws PV!! This is why we (Texas Southern) lost to the defending national champion Arkansas Razorbacks during the 1995 NCAA tournament.

Man, the atmosphere was most def electric! Randy Ayers (former Ohio St men's head coach) was in attendance, those gaggies (had to get that last cut LOL) in attendance, a 90% filled baby dome, floor seating for up-close action (first time). Man... Can't beat it!

CLeb, you didn't see myself and Fiyah on the floor? Remember when the refs had to stop the game because some guy had just fallen into the court? :confused: LOL Fiyah hit the floor during the game after I'd accidentally given him an elbow to the head that rendered him unconscious :eek2: LOL (sorry about that again Fiyah - but, it was hard to control myself on that last dunk by Mr. Thurston LOL Your pic would've turned out great!).

Man, those guys (Wright, King, and Turner) were bobbing and were really in the atmosphere @ PV. lol I told them that we had their transfer papers waiting on them. LOL They snickered when I said <b>"come on home guys! You know you wanna' come on home... You can still visit your buddies up the street. It's only a 40 minute drive to B/CS."</b> LOL

Enough of the "moral" victories. We need to get some "Ws" and LSU should provide us w/ one. SWAC bball is doing "well" this year for what it's worth.

First, let me state the obvious. For those who were a big hoops fan at the game, they would have felt like they were in heaven on Saturday. I will not sit here and say that it was the greatest game in the history of basketball. But it was a well played game by both sides.

Originally posted by Panthro
Man, the atmosphere was most def electric! Randy Ayers (former Ohio St men's head coach) was in attendance, those gaggies (had to get that last cut LOL) in attendance, a 90% filled baby dome, floor seating for up-close action (first time). Man... Can't beat it!

CLeb, you didn't see myself and Fiyah on the floor? Remember when the refs had to stop the game because some guy had just fallen into the court? :confused: LOL Fiyah hit the floor during the game after I'd accidentally given him an elbow to the head that rendered him unconscious :eek2: LOL (sorry about that again Fiyah - but, it was hard to control myself on that last dunk by Mr. Thurston LOL Your pic would've turned out great!).

Man, those guys (Wright, King, and Turner) were bobbing and were really in the atmosphere @ PV. lol I told them that we had their transfer papers waiting on them. LOL They snickered when I said <b>"come on home guys! You know you wanna' come on home... You can still visit your buddies up the street. It's only a 40 minute drive to B/CS."</b> LOL

Enough of the "moral" victories. We need to get some "Ws" and LSU should provide us w/ one. SWAC bball is doing "well" this year for what it's worth.

Man, I did not see Randy Ayers. Panthro, I did not see you nor Fiyah. (Both of you sat near some friends of mine from Howard.) But then again I was jumping and hollering like a fool throughout the game. Also, I took a few pictures of the scoreboard. I did look around to see if I saw any SPers but did not notice any. I was in the stands (on the side of those sitting on the floor) across from the PVAMU basketball team.

If this were TSU, I would have been cheering loud for TSU.

Know this about a loss. In the final analysis, a loss is nothing but a loss.

Back