Two Black Owned Banks Just Merged to Form a $1 Billion Lender

I hope they are inspired by the story of The Bank of Italy and how it provided the Italian community a real alternative to the detriment of lending institutions that were openly discriminating against them during their early migration to America. That same Bank of Italy is now Bank of America.

The potential to lift our people out of economic despair and political marginalization is well within reach if we begin to understand how significant a role black lending institutions are towards those efforts.

I have no way of knowing how difficult it would be, but we need more of those black banks to merge to help achieve the economic mobility and political clout we need as a people. A billion dollar lending institution is a good start, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. Since banks, by law and regulation, can approve loans ten to one I would like to see a black owned bank that is able to at least do ten to one with ten billion. A black owned bank, inspired to lift the black community, with a hundred billion dollars in lending potential would put us on a path to certainty.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
giphy.gif

Interesting clip......State-sponsored economic terrorism. Anyone that doesn't believe ADOS(s) aren't due financial/monetary reparations IMHO is uneducated and a damn fool. And yes, the U.S. can afford it.

Back