TV Evangelists

Originally posted by jelli
You guys do realize tha each preachers mission from GOD is different?
What are you talking about? Every Mission is the same, Jesus. Every implementation of that Mission is different. Just like the Subject. The Subject at church is Jesus. No matter what I do at Church, Jesus is the foundation, the purpose, the end result.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by dacontinent
I don't know about the message ending there, but I definitely agree that it should be an integral part of every message.

Maybe I should have rephrased my answer. I didn't necessarily mean to literally END a sermon with the message of salvation. You all pick up on little words and run with them! :smh:
I said for ME PERSONALLY.

But to think about it, I did mean end with that message. I believe anytime you end with HIM going to the cross, dying and rising again with ALL POWER.....the invitation to make HIM your personal SAVIOUR should follow. Leaving that message on the hearts of people is a joyous feeling. :)

The purpose for worship is JESUS. When people are called to the ministry, it is to preach the gospel of JESUS. You can't obtain prosperity without first telling how JESUS died/rose for us.

Originally posted by docmump
What are you talking about? Every Mission is the same, Jesus. Every implementation of that Mission is different. Just like the Subject. The Subject at church is Jesus. No matter what I do at Church, Jesus is the foundation, the purpose, the end result.

:jump: :tup: :nod2: :D

ON POINT, docmump!!!!

You guys do realize tha each preachers mission from GOD is different?

The only responsibility a preacher have ist "Preach the word" The other responsibilities belongs to the Elders, Deacons and Congregation.

Originally posted by H
The only responsibility a preacher have ist "Preach the word" The other responsibilities belongs to the Elders, Deacons and Congregation.

As the pastor of a new congregation, I have learned better.

I recently asked the Lord how to better focus what I do as pastor in keeping His people in line with the mission and vision of what He has called us to do. What I got back was:
  • seek the lost
  • disciple the redeemed
  • set the captive free

It is the essence of what Jesus came to do and has left for me to do as a leader of His people...reproduction after His kind and in His likeness. It is humbling.

?Preaching the word?

Means preaching every thing in the bible church administration, education, administering to the needy, tending the flock. All we need to know is contained in ?the word? Clarification, not only the written word but also the living word.

?And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. ? John 1:14

?According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue?: 2 Peter 1:3

Notice the words: life and godliness. He has given us all the instructions on how to become godly and obtain eternal life.

Remember [Acts 6] as the twelve was preaching and concerned about the "spiritual" needs of the congregation. Someone was concerned about the "daily ministration" of the Greek widows.

The Twelve reaction:

"Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples [unto them], and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. " Acts 6:2

"Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. "[6:3, 4]

Preach the word

2 Tim. 2:4, Acts 16:6

The problem is, most preachers try to take care of every problem within the congregation and that is impossible to do. Trust, me I tried it and I suffered "Preacher Burnout" Try teaching Sunday School, Preaching, Preparing Sermons, Cutting the grass, Fixing the broken windows, visiting all the sick, etc, etc, etc.

That why God asked the church to appoint qualified men [Elders & Deacons] to take of the problems. So that we [preachers] can continue to study and preach the word.

Originally posted by Dr. H
?Preaching the word?

Means preaching every thing in the bible church administration, education, administering to the needy, tending the flock. All we need to know is contained in ?the word? Clarification, not only the written word but also the living word.

?And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. ? John 1:14

?According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue?: 2 Peter 1:3

Notice the words: life and godliness. He has given us all the instructions on how to become godly and obtain eternal life.

Remember [Acts 6] as the twelve was preaching and concerned about the "spiritual" needs of the congregation. Someone was concerned about the "daily ministration" of the Greek widows.

The Twelve reaction:

"Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples [unto them], and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. " Acts 6:2

"Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. "[6:3, 4]

Preach the word

2 Tim. 2:4, Acts 16:6

The problem is, most preachers try to take care of every problem within the congregation and that is impossible to do. Trust, me I tried it and I suffered "Preacher Burnout" Try teaching Sunday School, Preaching, Preparing Sermons, Cutting the grass, Fixing the broken windows, visiting all the sick, etc, etc, etc.

That why God asked the church to appoint qualified men [Elders & Deacons] to take of the problems. So that we [preachers] can continue to study and preach the word.
Co-Sign. Also See Moses, he asked God for help as well.

Originally posted by docmump
Co-Sign. Also See Moses, he asked God for help as well.

I'm widcha both on that. My previous post was to merely point out that WE PREACHERS ARE ROLE MODELS AND SHOULD BE.:D :D

well well well....

Another good topic....

I have a problem with the phrase, "You should go to church every Sunday." Who are you to say what's the best way to receive the word?
To me, church is a place where people of the same religon or beliefs fellowship to hear the"word". Church is where you are to receive your "spiritual blessing." If you go to church and your mind has wandered off into space half of the service, you may as well have stayed at home. Some people may receive a blessing by watching T.D Jakes or someone on tv better than they can in church. If you don't go to church and you choose to read the Bible and interpret it for yourself, then you still have established a Personal relationship with God, which is what really matters.

I just wonder sometimes if we get so caught up is the way things have always been that when a new way of doing things comes around we miss it because we are so used how to it was done as with church.

There will be days when someone may have to work on sunday or maybe every sunday for two or three months and if their church doesn't offer more than one service on sunday what are they to do?

I am straight feeling you and God does do NEW things. There is a scripture to this effect. And as soon as I go home and get the scripture off my t-shirt, I'll share it with you.

We do get "stuck" thinking that there is only one way of doing things when God is omnipotent and omnipresent...and he is not stuck inside the box. ....God is awesome and I believe he can do new things....Things that our minds could not imagine...

I have a problem with the phrase, "You should go to church every Sunday." Who are you to say what's the best way to receive the word?
The Word encourages the saints to "gather" and displays "gathering" all through the NT, very regularly.

Question: Have you prayed about this? If so, what has the Lord told you about it? From talking to people, it's usually the flesh that wants to stay home, not the spirit. The only problem is the flesh is stronger so when the spirit says "get up and go to church" the flesh says......:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Either that or the flesh rationalizes with the spirit and talks the spirit into shuttin up.

If you go to church and your mind has wandered off into space half of the service, you may as well have stayed at home.
:eek2: Again, nothing against you, but that's a bad way to look at. That's a good way for the enemy to keep people, even christians, sleep on Sunday morning instead of fellowshipping and worshiping corporately and gathering as saints.

People's mind shouldn't wonder that much if they are somewhere that interest them.

If your mind wonders in church, the answer is not to stop going; why don't you speak against and rebuke that wondering mind so that you can learn. Rebuke that flesh so that your spirit can learn productively.

Your mind might wonder in class, but you got a degree because you took control. How much more important the things of God! Pray on it.;)

There will be days when someone may have to work on sunday or maybe every sunday for two or three months and if their church doesn't offer more than one service on sunday what are they to do?

If those persons are plugged-in at their local church, someone on the church staff or discipleship team should know of the situation and be ready to respond. If not, the opportunity for that person to fade into the backdrop comes barrelling toward reality. This is often seen in larger congregations where there is little or no accountability for individual members.

Among the things that could be done are:
  1. Negotiate with the employer for a different day off that coincides with another church service / bible study / fellowship.
  2. Seek out others in the congregation who have similar situations and develop a meeting time for those persons.
  3. Poll other employees at the workplace who are in the same situation and have an abbreviated service at work. If one of you is not inclined to minister the Word, talk to your pastor about sending someone from the ministry staff of your church to do so. Get other employees to do the same.
    [/list=1]

Just don't sit around and complain about what you are not getting. Pray. Ask God for what to do about it and He will direct your paths. (Prov. 3:5-6)

Again nevaehinvesting....

I do go to church, but there are people close to me who don't attend...This doesn't make them non-Christians...That's why I have such a diverse opinion about going to church...

NUMBER 1-- I believe you're implying that I am encouraging not to go to church.....Anyone who stops going to church because of that statement was looking for the first excuse not to go to church....
....POINT BEING: When it comes to one's Spiritual life, people will determine their spiritual destiny when THEY are ready (as far as getting closer to God....and may never step foot in church)

Earlier, you made a good point: Your mind might wonder in class, but you got a degree because you took control. "

KEYWORD: YOU (as in yourself) TAKE CONTROL
People's mind shouldn't wonder that much if they are somewhere that interests them.---Good POINT, can't argue with that...

Re: Again nevaehinvesting....

Originally posted by LadyLuck13
I do go to church, but there are people close to me who don't attend...This doesn't make them non-Christians...That's why I have such a diverse opinion about going to church...

I am sure that you know plenty of "good people" who do not even confess Christ as Saviour. Encourage those close to you to be disciples. You can't do that from somewhere else. You have to be integrally involved with disciplers and other disciples in order to be a disciple. God has designed the body of Christ to be fitly joined together.

I am sure that if those persons needed an organ transplant that they would not want an organ that had been left alone in the morgue for three days.

Everyone must stay connected.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Re: Again nevaehinvesting....

I am sure that you know plenty of "good people" who do not even confess Christ as Saviour. Encourage those close to you to be disciples. You can't do that from somewhere else. You have to be integrally involved with disciplers and other disciples in order to be a disciple. God has designed the body of Christ to be fitly joined together.

I am sure that if those persons needed an organ transplant that they would not want an organ that had been left alone in the morgue for three days.

Everyone must stay connected.

That's deep dacontinent. Deep!!!

Evanglism and a Parable Jesus taught in one post...Deep.

I wonder if others see it. :):)

....POINT BEING: When it comes to one's Spiritual life, people will determine their spiritual destiny when THEY are ready (as far as getting closer to God....and may never step foot in church)
Good point. God gave us free will. I was just reminded - we never know the day nor hour when we'll die. I just hate when people die w/o getting their business fixed w/God.

Inaccurate. People will CHANGE their spiritual destinies when they are ready. No, they don't need to be in a church building to do that. However, they do need to understand that they are stepping INTO the CHURCH and what that means. Without it, rest assured that they will not fulfill their earthly destinies.

When we don't choose God, the scriptures tell us that our destiny is hell. When we don't choose to be integrated into the Church and the church, we lessen our effectiveness and our benefits.

Re: Re: Again nevaehinvesting....

When we don't choose God, the scriptures tell us that our destiny is hell. When we don't choose to be integrated into the Church and the church, we lessen our effectiveness and our benefits.

I agree on the chance of missing spiritual benefits, but I'll say it again, YOU aren't the one to determine the effectiveness of one's spiritual life based on how much they attend church. That's what some of us who attend church every week are taught to think.

Re: Re: Re: Again nevaehinvesting....

I agree on the chance of missing spiritual benefits, but I'll say it again, YOU aren't the one to determine the effectiveness of one's spiritual life based on how much they attend church. That's what some of us who attend church every week are taught to think.

I believe we agree.

My point is simply that a given person who meets regularly with other believers will be more effective than if he does not.

Back