Turning tragedy into treasure...Lemons into lemonade

hassan

La ilaj? ila Al
repost
<font size=1>WORD FOR TODAY - Friday 14th January 2000</font size>

Your crisis is just an opportunity

" . . . everything that has happened to me here has helped . . ."
--Philippians 1:12

You'll never succeed if you throw up your hands and quit every time something goes wrong. It was the trials of Job that made him a legend. It was the lion's den that made Daniel a governor. It was imprisonment that gave Paul an opportunity to write the Epistles.

One day Anthony DeMello saw a starving child shivering in the cold. Angrily he looked up and said, "God, ?how could you allow such suffering? ?Why don't you do something?" There was a long silence, and then DeMello heard these words, <font color=green>"?I did-I made you!" </font color>
(Matt 25:40).

The problem that infuriates you the most is often the one you've been called to solve. Situations that unlock your compassion are the very places you'll often find your greatest fulfilment. God doesn't waste experience. He can take your past and make it serve your future. He can turn your misery into a ministry and enable you to reach people you couldn't understand before, much less minister to.

Listen, "I want to report to you, friends, that my imprisonment here has had the opposite of its intended effect. Instead of being squelched, the Message has actually prospered." (Phil 1:12) Look for God's purposes in the setbacks of your life, and you'll turn them into stepping stones to blessing. ?That's the word for you today!

though the rocks are thrown at me, here i still stand..

thank you Father for standing by me when the ones i counted on didnt...when the heavy burdens were made lighter by You...when Your Love shines brightest: in the midst of the dark void created by those that really werent there for me

I thank You for using special people as instruments to share Your love with me and i as an instrument to share Your love with others

te doy GRACIAS todos mis dias

Amen.

Father I thank you for allowing me to withstand and keep a sane mind, body and spirit.:heart:

God doesn't waste experience. He can take your past and make it serve your future. He can turn your misery into a ministry and enable you to reach people you couldn't understand before, much less minister to.

Hassan, that hit home for ME...thanks for posting that

Lord, forgive me for my past and please allow me to help others with their present...with the help of the Holy Spirit.

AMEN

Praise GOD for every time we go through rough times, our faith and endurance is being tested! AMEN!

the testing of our faith and endurance produces preserverance and that brings us closer to God and His promise to us.

He never promised us that there would be no rainy days...
but He does promise a towel to dry us off

He never guarantee happy days every day...
but He does guarantee Everlasting Arms to lean on when days arent happy

He never promised to do everything for us...
but He did promise Grace and Forgiveness as we learned what only we could learn from our own experiences

*Read James as well as Paul's very special letters*

Back